Muslim says Muhammad was predicted in New Testament

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
Mary
Acquainted Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Muslim says Muhammad was predicted in New Testament

Post by Mary »

I was wondering what you guys think of this and how you would respond to it.

http://www.answering-christianity.com/prediction.htm
"The LORD is my light and my salvation; of whom shall I fear? The LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" Psalm 27:1
jlay
Ultimate Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Muslim says Muhammad was predicted in New Testament

Post by jlay »

All Bibles in our possession today are the result of extensive cutting and pasting from these various manuscripts with no single one being the definitive reference.
I'd say the burden of proof is overwhelmingly on them. This is an attempt to undermine the scholorship behind the modern copies. They seek to uphold the scriptures for their own means, and discredit them for their own means. It is not surprising. And Christ warned us of false prophets. There are simply too many contradictions between Islam and Christianity. Saying that our texts have been corrupted, and then granting them authority to try and prove this ridiculous notion is absurd to say the least.
-“The Bible treated allegorically becomes putty in the hands of the exegete.” John Walvoord

"I'm not saying scientists don't overstate their results. They do. And it's understandable, too...If you spend years working toward a certain goal and make no progress, of course you are going to spin your results in a positive light." Ivellious
August
Old School
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by August »

There is a difference between a spirit and a prophet. This is a mighty big reach, even for them.

Also, how can the "Spirit of truth", from the passage in John that they want to use, be overcome by evil to write the Satanic verses?
Acts 17:24-25 (NIV)
"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. [25] And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else."

//www.omnipotentgrace.org
//christianskepticism.blogspot.com
Gman
Old School
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Gman »

Mary wrote:I was wondering what you guys think of this and how you would respond to it.

http://www.answering-christianity.com/prediction.htm
Numerous faults.... Christ wasn't the son of God, Christ wasn't resurrected, there is no original sin, God isn't love, no Trinity. This is what that religion teaches..
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8