Do Atheists enjoy....

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
B. W.
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes

Do Atheists enjoy....

Post by B. W. »

-
Do Atheists enjoy having Christmas Day off work?
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Re: Do Atheists enjoy....

Post by B. W. »

B. W. wrote:-
-
-
-
You know - I have never had an Atheist answer this question...

interesting y:-?
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
CeT-To
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by CeT-To »

Probably yes LOL Christmas has become a secular holiday, the Christmas image for the most part isn't baby Jesus but its Santa. Where i live i don't see anything on TV mentioning Jesus on Christmas holidays only about getting presents and material objects.
But joy and happiness in you to all who seek you! Let them ceaselessly cry,"Great is Yahweh" who love your saving power. Psalm 40:16

I Praise you Yahweh, my Lord, my God!!!!!
kmr
Valued Member

Post by kmr »

@Cet-To:

Except Charlie Brown Christmas!!! :ebiggrin:
- KMR

Dominum meum amō!
CeT-To

Post by CeT-To »

LOL EASTER BEAGLE FTW xD ..the easter one is the best :P
But joy and happiness in you to all who seek you! Let them ceaselessly cry,"Great is Yahweh" who love your saving power. Psalm 40:16

I Praise you Yahweh, my Lord, my God!!!!!
zackabba1
Familiar Member

Post by zackabba1 »

Yeah, I think they enjoy getting the presents and all that. Sadly, it seems, many "Christians" have turned to this as well.

One tiny (well, not really) little nitpick I have is that no one seems to get the story of the Birth of Jesus right, or at least the Nativity scenes don't. I'm not saying everyone, but it seems like many people I've met don't know that the "Star of Bethlehem" didn't lead the "wise men" all the way to Bethlehem. They had to stop and ask for directions (and they were men, so it had to be extremely hard XD Just kidding, I'm one too). Or that there were more than just three wise men, etc.
J.Davis
Established Member

Post by J.Davis »

Yeah, they are use to enjoying everything God has provided without giving him credit or thanking him, I’m sure Christmas is the same.

God loves the Atheist!! y>:D<
Huh, a beam in my eye? No, you're mistaken. Let's just say that this patch keeps things....interesting.
ryeguy123
Familiar Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by ryeguy123 »

Yes everybody loves getting presents :ebiggrin: I know christmas is a christian holiday but it is now been ruined by all the advertisment
bigTop
Acquainted Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by bigTop »

I guess I'll be the token atheist and answer.

Yeah.. I like having Christmas Day off.. I also like having Thanksgiving, July 4th, Labor Day, Columbus Day etc. off too...

Atheists don't believe, it doesn't mean we don't like spending time with the family, giving and receiving gifts, eating a hot meal, and relaxing.. I even bow my head during grace... Just because I don't believe in God, doesn't mean I'm not thankful for everything I get.. I just believe that ONLY through my own actions, and kindness of others, have I achieved all I have.
I don't need to thank a Santa without the red suit for everything I have :P
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

I don't need to thank a Santa without the red suit for everything I have
That doesn't mean the gift giver is not there :ewink:
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
Jonouchi Katsuya
Established Member
Sex: Female

Post by Jonouchi Katsuya »

-
-
-
Actually, in Japan, people celebrate Christmas by giving each other presents (something Buddhism values)- It is not just for Christians anymore... Actually, some have argued and would be right to point out that Christmas traditions are a compilation of traditions handed down from other religions that Christianity was competing against at the time. Most notably Paganism.

I feel Christmas is not the Christian holiday everyone pretends. ^.^' But that is OK. It is a wonderful time to spend with family and friends and I enjoy it every year!
Hi I am a Buddhist and I seek enlightenment. I do not know everything. I do not pretend to know everything. I desire strongly to discuss the Bible as you see it. Please correct me when I get something wrong.
bigTop
Acquainted Member
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by bigTop »

Jonouchi Katsuya wrote:
-
-
-
Actually, in Japan, people celebrate Christmas by giving each other presents (something Buddhism values)- It is not just for Christians anymore... Actually, some have argued and would be right to point out that Christmas traditions are a compilation of traditions handed down from other religions that Christianity was competing against at the time. Most notably Paganism.

I feel Christmas is not the Christian holiday everyone pretends. ^.^' But that is OK. It is a wonderful time to spend with family and friends and I enjoy it every year!
^^ This

and, not to derail the topic.. But, wasn't it shown or proven, (I remember seeing some program about it on TV a few years back) that during the years missing in the bible of Jesus' life, Jesus supposedly traveled to the orient? I could be totally wrong here, and please correct me if I'm wrong..
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

Jesus supposedly traveled to the orient? I could be totally wrong here, and please correct me if I'm wrong..
Yup, that is wrong...sometimes media does pieces like this without any shred of evidence. Just because you don't have any proof of my existence before I joined this forum, doesn't mean I was playing golf with Mr.woods. You could say, I could have, but that doesn't mean I did. Unless I say so or indicate there is no way to ascertain this kind of information, and if that is the case then let us stick to what is known, because what is not known, could not be established by any means as proven or having any evidence of.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
kmr
Valued Member

Post by kmr »

Well, christmas isn't exactly a "christian" holiday... at least, not anymore. It started out as a pagan holiday, and the church picked it for religious celebration. But the holiday now is still only christian for those christians who want to celebrate Christ... otherwise, it is just another holiday... :(
- KMR

Dominum meum amō!
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Murray »

I truley do not understand christmas..... Jesus was most likely born in the spring and just celebrate his birth near roman pagan holidays just so we could celebrate while the romans were.
in nomine patri et fili spiritu sancte