After the thousand year reign of Christ

Discussions on Christian eschatology including different views pertaining to Jesus' second coming, rapture and tribulation, the millennium, and so forth.
cubeus19
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

After the thousand year reign of Christ

Post by cubeus19 »

Hey, I've got a quick question about end times specifically relating to AFTER the thousand year reign of Christ.Is it very well established among scholars that after the reign is over Christians will still be living in a eternal state whether it be on the new earth or in heaven? There isn't any view that states that somehow God will later get tired of us and annihilate us? I'm just wanting to make sure there isn't such a view because as far as what I've studied we will continue to live for eternity with God whether it be on the new earth (which will be where the thousand year reign will be on) or in heaven where we will be doing various work projects or even fun projects. Let me know what you all think on this. God bless.
CeT-To
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: After the thousand year reign of Christ

Post by CeT-To »

LOL! Umm to my knowledge God wouldn't ever annihilate the church ( or anyone for that matter but lets not get into that), that would be unjust if it was for no reason at all and we can't sin in the new heaven or new earth anyway so there isn't any reason.
But joy and happiness in you to all who seek you! Let them ceaselessly cry,"Great is Yahweh" who love your saving power. Psalm 40:16

I Praise you Yahweh, my Lord, my God!!!!!
cubeus19
Established Member

Post by cubeus19 »

Well if its all right can you tell me, from what you know, what happens after the thousand year reign? Let me know what you think is going to happen and then I'll let you know if it's in line of what I've been taught.
CeT-To

Post by CeT-To »

Hey cubeus19 sorry for not providing info before. After the 1000 years are over satan will be let loose for a little while and then non believers (and believers) will be resurrected (from sheol/hades , heaven for believers) and be judged, except believers will not be judged but rather be resurrected into an incorruptible body ( we cannot sin any longer, we will be like Christ) . Then the damned that are resurrected will then be thrown into the lake of fire.
But joy and happiness in you to all who seek you! Let them ceaselessly cry,"Great is Yahweh" who love your saving power. Psalm 40:16

cubeus19
Established Member

Post by cubeus19 »

Ok, good that's basically what I've been taught and have believed, now after all the believers are given a new incorruptible body and the unbelievers are taken to the lake of fire, what happens next for the believers? What kind of things will we be doing then?
CeT-To

Post by CeT-To »

Hey cubeus19 sorry for late reply, I've found this:

John 14:1-3
"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am."

God has a place prepared for us.

2 Timothy 4:7-8
I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day—and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing. (NIV)

http://www.intimacywithgod.com/doinheaven.html

http://www.godandscience.org/doctrine/heaven.html ( either read the whole thing or read the part where it says " What will we do in Heaven?")

Hope that helps!

cubeus19
Established Member

Post by cubeus19 »

Yes, that helped, just as long as we do continue living even after the thousand year reign and get to do fun and productive work and or fun projects I'm happy. :D
CeT-To

Post by CeT-To »

hahaha of course we will! :D LOL i dunno if judging people and fallen angels is gonna be fun tho O_O

cubeus19
Established Member

Post by cubeus19 »

Celestial jury duty won't be too bad, needless to say if any of the fallen angels look guilty to me, THEY ARE GOING DOWN. :evil: Now I didn't know that we will also be judging people, I'll have to look into that and see that, in all the sermons I have heard regarding heaven and the end times I've never heard that resurrected Christians will be judging people, fallen angels yes, but other people, not until now.
CeT-To

Post by CeT-To »

Oh wait a sec my bad not people LOL only angels hahaha sorry!

secretfire6
Established Member

Post by secretfire6 »

hey there. I agree with both of you on pretty much everything, but something that i think was said...i may have understood wrong.... may need correcting.
"to live for eternity with God whether it be on the new earth (which will be where the thousand year reign will be on)...."

I just finished re-reading the latter half of revelation and I find that the new heavens and new earth don't come in until after the great white throne of judgement which is well after the millenial reign. the sequence i read is as follows:
1. Armegeddon- The Christ and 144,000 virgin saints defeat the beast and those with his mark, Beast and false prophet are thrown into the lake of fire
2. Satan bound and locked into the abyss
3. The martyrs, dead belivers and the raptured church are resurrected (the first resurrection)
4. millenial reign with Christ NOTE: Death and Hades still exist during this and serve their true purposes again
5. Satan is loosed and decieves nations again for another great war against God's people
6. God intervenes and destroys Satan's new army with fire from heaven, Satan is thrown into the lake of fire
7. Great white throne of judgement, all dead are resurrected, death and hades thrown into the lake of fire as well as any not found in the book of life
8. New heaven, new earth, new existence, new jerusalem, God dwells with men, no more crying, mourning nor death nor pain
I have no idea what we will be doing for eternity on this new earth, but i have dreams and hopes for things. I know it will all be good and happy and loving :) hope this clarifies something for ya