Please Introduce Yourself Here

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
narnia4
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Please Introduce Yourself Here

Post by narnia4 »

Awesome, I love hearing stuff like that! I'm sure if you have any more questions the people here would be more than happy to help.

Welcome!
Young, Restless, Reformed
musician
Recognized Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by musician »

Hello,

My name is Nathan. I was especially impressed by and drawn to the dedication and thoughtfulness exhibited throughout the Godandscience web site, and find it refreshing to visit. I am hoping that some level of participation in this the associated forum will be equally rewarding.

- Nathan
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

musician wrote:Hello,

My name is Nathan. I was especially impressed by and drawn to the dedication and thoughtfulness exhibited throughout the Godandscience web site, and find it refreshing to visit. I am hoping that some level of participation in this the associated forum will be equally rewarding.

- Nathan
Welcome aboard Nathan!
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Cross.eyed
Valued Member

Post by Cross.eyed »

slackcountry wrote:So I suppose I should finally introduce myself.

I stumbled upon the main site 3 years ago, and have visited it occasionally ever since. Normally, it would simply be to look up one little thing I had a question on. But more and more, I'm finding that to not be enough.

And that is why I am now on the discussion forum.

Anyway, I am a 19 year old male from the United States. I grew up in a Christian household, and consider myself a Christian. However, I struggle with my faith daily, and do not feel anywhere near as hopeful / faithful / confident as I once did.

Again, that is why I am now on here.
Do you read very much?
If not, C.S. Lewis' Mere Christianity is a great start !

The book "Idon't have enough Faith to be an Atheist "by Norman Geisler and Frank Turek
is also very good and has alot to say about science relating to God and faith.

If you are a reader, I and others here have lots of recommended titles.

I hope this helps,
Cross.eyed
I am the wretch the song refers to.
Mzsmitty62
Newbie Member
Sex: Female

Post by Mzsmitty62 »

My name is Lisa. I am married to a wonderful man named Chris. We have 3 beautiful children ages 29, 24 and 8. I also have two beautiful grandchildren. I live in Jeffersonville, Indiana and work at the U.S. Census Bureau. I have my own blog and also just started a Forum for our hometown. I just happened upon this site and found it to be very interesting.
Canuckster1127
Old School
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Canuckster1127 »

Welcome Lisa. We're glad you're here!
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
Mzsmitty62
Newbie Member

Post by Mzsmitty62 »

thank you. I feel it was meant for me to find this forum, only God knows the reason.
J.Davis
Established Member

Post by J.Davis »

Hi new guy’s!!! :wave:

Hey Nathan, I am assuming you play a musical instrument given that your user name is musician. I’m a musician as well (and love it), I write my own music and play piano in many styles.

So, what’s your weapon (instrument) of choice and what style/styles do you like to play in?
Huh, a beam in my eye? No, you're mistaken. Let's just say that this patch keeps things....interesting.
musician
Recognized Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by musician »

J.Davis wrote:So, what’s your weapon (instrument) of choice and what style/styles do you like to play in?
Thanks for the warm welcome. These days I focus on keyboarded instruments as you do, as I play and maintain pipe organs for a living. I've always been into the more instrumental forms of music, starting with jazz and proceeding to more classical and liturgical music with age. Drums and bass are the other "primary instruments", and back in the school years I filled in on various brass instruments (Tuba, French Horn, Trombone) as there was need.

- Nate
The atheist says to his wife at night: "Darling, inasmuch as it is merely an expression made imperative by my brain chemistry; "I LOVE you!"
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

musician wrote:
J.Davis wrote:So, what’s your weapon (instrument) of choice and what style/styles do you like to play in?
Thanks for the warm welcome. These days I focus on keyboarded instruments as you do, as I play and maintain pipe organs for a living. I've always been into the more instrumental forms of music, starting with jazz and proceeding to more classical and liturgical music with age. Drums and bass are the other "primary instruments", and back in the school years I filled in on various brass instruments (Tuba, French Horn, Trombone) as there was need.

- Nate
Welcome aboard!
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
dorkmaster
Recognized Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by dorkmaster »

Hello.
I am new to the board and I hope I am doing this right. Last year I found myself full of doubt and so I tried to find information about God. I found this site and i think it was a Godsend. Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself. Thank you. By the way, my name is Alex.
dorkmaster
Recognized Member

Post by dorkmaster »

Hello. I am new to this site and I really enjoy reading the posts. This site has really helped me with my faith. My name is Alex and it is nice to be a part of this now.
Kenzel
Recognized Member

Post by Kenzel »

Hey, everybody! I found this site quite a while ago and pretty much became attached to it..so I finally decided to join. My name is MacKenzie (or Kenzel..hence the username). I'm 15 and I'm not exactly the brightest crayon in the box y=P~ . I'm a huge nerd when it comes to anything regarding the paranormal. I'd say more about myself, but I'm having writer's block at the moment!
1harpazo
Recognized Member

Post by 1harpazo »

Hello,

My name is Alan. I found this discussion forum not too long ago. After reading the "About Us", "Beliefs" and "Beliefs (other)" pages, I decided to register. My interest was piqued after reading the posts in the "Question about the "rapture" or lack thereof" thread. My area of interest is eschatology.
zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

Welcome to both of you!! JUmp into the discussions! And Kenzel, what interests you about the paranormal? Start a new thread if you'd like
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"