Please Introduce Yourself Here

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Gman
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Please Introduce Yourself Here

Post by Gman »

KingdomSeeker wrote:Hello, my name is Jessica. I have been visiting this site for about a year now. I am now happy to be finally a part of this community. This site has brought so much light to my life, so thank you for that and hi. :)
Welcome to the show.. ;)
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Mary
Acquainted Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Mary »

Hello everybody my name is Mary, I am 15 and in 10th grade, so I may get intimidated by some of your discussions that involve complicated science. :)
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Mary wrote:Hello everybody my name is Mary, I am 15 and in 10th grade, so I may get intimidated by some of your discussions that involve complicated science. :)
Hi Mary - welcome to our board. :wave:
zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

Hey, welcome Mary...I teach high schoolers so hope you dive right in...no worries, ask questions and don't be worried about getting invovled in a discussion
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
taylor1025
Newbie Member

Post by taylor1025 »

Hey, I'm Taylor! I'll be 13 in a little over two weeks, but I've been called an "old soul" by many. Umm...what else? My mom's atheist, my older brother's agnostic, and my dad and I don't talk enough for me to know, lol. My grandparents are Christian, but I guess I've pretty much chosen this religion on my own. While I'm comfortable with not knowing the age of the Earth, I tend to lean toward Old-Earth Creationism. I rarely go to church, but I read the Bible and pray a lot. :)

(Oh, and could you please excuse me if I don't understand complicated words or something? Being in middle school, I'm still just a baby! :P)
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

taylor1025 wrote:Hey, I'm Taylor! I'll be 13 in a little over two weeks, but I've been called an "old soul" by many. Umm...what else? My mom's atheist, my older brother's agnostic, and my dad and I don't talk enough for me to know, lol. My grandparents are Christian, but I guess I've pretty much chosen this religion on my own. While I'm comfortable with not knowing the age of the Earth, I tend to lean toward Old-Earth Creationism. I rarely go to church, but I read the Bible and pray a lot. :)

(Oh, and could you please excuse me if I don't understand complicated words or something? Being in middle school, I'm still just a baby! :P)
Welcome Taylor!

-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Mary
Acquainted Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Mary »

taylor1025 wrote:Hey, I'm Taylor! I'll be 13 in a little over two weeks, but I've been called an "old soul" by many. Umm...what else? My mom's atheist, my older brother's agnostic, and my dad and I don't talk enough for me to know, lol. My grandparents are Christian, but I guess I've pretty much chosen this religion on my own. While I'm comfortable with not knowing the age of the Earth, I tend to lean toward Old-Earth Creationism. I rarely go to church, but I read the Bible and pray a lot. :)

Welcome Taylor! I'm glad I'm not the only teenager around here. :ebiggrin:
"The LORD is my light and my salvation; of whom shall I fear? The LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" Psalm 27:1
zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

welcome to the board!!
taylor1025
Newbie Member

Post by taylor1025 »

Thanks everybody! :)
linda_hampton
Newbie Member

linda_hampton

Post by linda_hampton »

Hi my name is linda...I have been a christian for many years. I look forward to chatting with my fellow christians that are in the search for the truth in the word of God. I love to talk about the truth because the truth will set us free.
happycynic
Familiar Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by happycynic »

Well, I'm happycynic. College student in the midwest, going for engineering. Atheist, and have been for quite a while. Spend most of my disposable online forum-time on Friendly Atheist Forums, where one of your guys recently popped up looking for some discussion in our side of the fence. I go by the same username there, btw. Anyhow, he mentioned this forum.

As I said before, I'm an atheist. Up to now, I haven't been able to find a convincing apologetic, and most of the ones I've heard after the first year or so of looking at them are variations on the same themes, and not really new at all. Figured if I came here you guys might be able to give me some interesting arguments (and I mean arguments in the "logical argument" sense, not the "i'm angry and yelling" argument sense :egeek: ).

I guess I should also put out a disclamer that I'm not here to really grow in my knowledge of christianity. I'm pretty familiar with it already, although I've never, say, delved deeply into biblical history or historical analysis or the umpteen-trillion translation rules/interpretations. Most of my knowledge deals with the apologetics side; I figure if you can't prove that God exists first then none of the rest is really relevant. What I'm hoping for is to get another angle on the common arguments, maybe find a new one if I'm lucky, and I admit that I'd also like to be a sort of positive spokes-person for the atheist side of things (we tend to get a bad rap in some circles). I'm not here to be converted or de-convert any of you. But who knows? maybe one of you will get lucky and convert me--or maybe i'll get lucky and show one of you the way to deconversion :ewink:

Anyhow, point me in the right direction for that kinda discussion, and I'll see what's going on
mojo1211
Newbie Member

Post by mojo1211 »

Hello, my name is Jaime (Jimmy) I've been a reluncted Christian for about 20 to 30 years, one who knew of Christ but did not know Him. I've been a Christian in the true sense of the word for only a couple of years. When I finally committed myself to Christ I began searching for what it means to be Christian. I found that the path was not an easy one to undertake. I've come across a lot of obsticals, stumbling blocks. I hate to admit it but I fell a couple of times. But, with the grace of God, I managed to get myself up and continue my journey. I'm not out of the woods yet but with sites like this one I am encouraged to keep persurvering.

God Bless.
zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

welcome!! Hope you have some good discussions here!
Short1
Recognized Member

Post by Short1 »

Hi everyone, my name is Shawn and I have found this a very valuable resource for my faith.
Although I would consider myself very strong in God, I had a stumble a while back and for approximately two days (haha) which seemed like eternity, I accepted atheistic ideals as a logical answer for me in life.

I could not handle that emotionally, but didn't have answers factually to change my mind. This website offered that to me, and now I know I will always consider the Bible and God to be the number one answer to my purposes in life.

Thanks a lot!
zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

That's wonderful to hear....Praise Him!! WElcome Short