God = Christian God

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
SeekingForGod
Newbie Member
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Undecided

God = Christian God

Post by SeekingForGod »

I am convinced by the many articles in "Evidence for God from Science" that there is God who created the Universe. But I do not see any convincing "evidence" that this Creator is the same as the God in the Jewish Bible. It seems to me that the God in the Old Testament is a very much Jewish God, or an image the Creator that the ancient Jewish had. Can anyone show any scientific evidence that the Biblical God is the same as the Creator of the Universe? (that "Bible says so" does not seem to me a scientific argument). Thank you, for I am sincerely seeking for the true God. :D
Canuckster1127
Old School
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: God = Christian God

Post by Canuckster1127 »

What evidence of this would be "scientific" and what type of evidence do you believe would be convincing?
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
SeekingForGod
Newbie Member

Post by SeekingForGod »

I am looking for similar kind of "scientific" evidence found in other "Evidence for God from Science" articles.
Troublemakingteen
Acquainted Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Troublemakingteen »

SeekingForGod wrote:I am looking for similar kind of "scientific" evidence found in other "Evidence for God from Science" articles.
You would probably fit more into the Deist category
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

SeekingforGod, Hugh Ross' books may help you understand what evidence you're looking for. He puts it in a simple way that helped me see that the God of the Bible(old & new testaments) is the God that created the universe. " A Matter of Days" is the best book I've read on the subject.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
SeekingForGod
Newbie Member

Post by SeekingForGod »

Thank you. I shall find the time to read Hugh Ross' books.
dayage
Valued Member

Post by dayage »

Hello SeekingForGod,

RickD is right, Dr. Ross is a good source. Here is a link to an article on the Big Bang and the Bible. From it you can get to Dr. Ross' homepage (RTB). They have regular podcasts covering different topics each week, as well as a feature on the home page called "Today's New Reason to Believe." These are articles, put out daily, about scientific evidence for the God of the Bible.
http://www.reasons.org/cosmic-design/bi ... t-it-first

Some ways to test the different Gods are by the scientific evidence.
Ross has a list of nearly 900 characteristics that must be fine-tuned for human life. This points to a personal, caring God. That rules against Islam and all deist religions.

The Bible never gives an age for the universe or earth, but does give evidence that it is very old. The Bible teaches that time had a beginning along with the universe.

The Hindu Vedas do talk about the universes age. Hinduism and Budhism follow its idea that the universe re-incarnates every 4.32 billion years. Well the universe is 13.7 bya. and can not re-incarnate.

The Book of Mormon teaches that the native Americans came from the Jews. DNA has proven that wrong.

There is lots more.
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

SeekingForGod wrote:I am convinced by the many articles in "Evidence for God from Science" that there is God who created the Universe. But I do not see any convincing "evidence" that this Creator is the same as the God in the Jewish Bible. It seems to me that the God in the Old Testament is a very much Jewish God, or an image the Creator that the ancient Jewish had. Can anyone show any scientific evidence that the Biblical God is the same as the Creator of the Universe? (that "Bible says so" does not seem to me a scientific argument). Thank you, for I am sincerely seeking for the true God. :D
You will never find 100% proof of anything whether it be God (or creation) or no God (atheistic naturalism). All you can do is lead with your scientific convictions or philosophy. Therefore creationism provides the most logical answer, but not 100% proof.
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
SeekingForGod
Newbie Member

Post by SeekingForGod »

dayage wrote:Hello SeekingForGod,

RickD is right, Dr. Ross is a good source. Here is a link to an article on the Big Bang and the Bible. From it you can get to Dr. Ross' homepage (RTB). They have regular podcasts covering different topics each week, as well as a feature on the home page called "Today's New Reason to Believe." These are articles, put out daily, about scientific evidence for the God of the Bible.
http://www.reasons.org/cosmic-design/bi ... t-it-first

Some ways to test the different Gods are by the scientific evidence.
Ross has a list of nearly 900 characteristics that must be fine-tuned for human life. This points to a personal, caring God. That rules against Islam and all deist religions.

The Bible never gives an age for the universe or earth, but does give evidence that it is very old. The Bible teaches that time had a beginning along with the universe.

The Hindu Vedas do talk about the universes age. Hinduism and Budhism follow its idea that the universe re-incarnates every 4.32 billion years. Well the universe is 13.7 bya. and can not re-incarnate.

The Book of Mormon teaches that the native Americans came from the Jews. DNA has proven that wrong.

There is lots more.
SeekingForGod
Newbie Member

Post by SeekingForGod »

Thank you very much. I have just read the artilce "Big Bang - The Bible Taught It First! ", and yes, this is the kind of "scientific" arguments I am interested in. I shall read other articles on Dr Ross' homepage. Thank you again.
Mary
Acquainted Member
Sex: Female

Post by Mary »

You could read A Skeptic's Search for God by Ralph O. Muncaster.

Here is a review of the book if you want to know more about it.
http://www.bibleone.net/print_SF1.html

Hope that helps at least somewhat. :)
"The LORD is my light and my salvation; of whom shall I fear? The LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" Psalm 27:1