Please Introduce Yourself Here

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
cslewislover
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Please Introduce Yourself Here

Post by cslewislover »

y:(( y>:D< y@};- :heart:
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
cslewislover
Ultimate Member

Post by cslewislover »

Gabrielman wrote:Thank you, and I love you! y>:D< y@};- :heart:
I had put that avatar up, the other one that was made from the image below, for you for a bit. It just didn't look good to me though. So, I wanted to show you the original image.

And I'll be changing my avy again soon.

y>:D< :heart:
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
slackcountry
Newbie Member
Sex: Male

Post by slackcountry »

So I suppose I should finally introduce myself.

I stumbled upon the main site 3 years ago, and have visited it occasionally ever since. Normally, it would simply be to look up one little thing I had a question on. But more and more, I'm finding that to not be enough.

And that is why I am now on the discussion forum.

Anyway, I am a 19 year old male from the United States. I grew up in a Christian household, and consider myself a Christian. However, I struggle with my faith daily, and do not feel anywhere near as hopeful / faithful / confident as I once did.

Again, that is why I am now on here.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

slackcountry wrote:So I suppose I should finally introduce myself.

I stumbled upon the main site 3 years ago, and have visited it occasionally ever since. Normally, it would simply be to look up one little thing I had a question on. But more and more, I'm finding that to not be enough.

Anyway, I am a 19 year old male from the United States. I grew up in a Christian household, and consider myself a Christian. However, I struggle with my faith daily, and do not feel anywhere near as hopeful / faithful / confident as I once did.

Welcome aboard!

You'll find that you are not alone and we sincerely believe you'll find some answers here as well too!

God Bless!
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
cslewislover
Ultimate Member

Post by cslewislover »

Well it's great that we can meet you now! I hope that you can get some answers and encouragement here.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Welcome. Feel free to open any questions. I'm sure you will get some great responses.
ManFromHeaven
Acquainted Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by ManFromHeaven »

G'Day from down under Gods Zone, Aotearoa - New Zealand, Land of the long White cloud; Which is of course a veil to the heavens above and the light of the stars.
I've just joined after doing some internet research which led me here.
Can someone tell me; 1.) How long before one's post is approved? 2.) Is one advised that there post is not approved, and also why there post may not be approved. I assume that posts which are of differing opinion to mainstream are OK? And that the forum is not totally censored to mainstream Christian opinion or understanding.
Is there a probation period or other delay in approval to posting an avatar and signature or uploading pictures? Doesn't bother me greatly though an hierarchal system seems somewhat condescending to one who believes all are equal in Gods eyes.
humblesmurph
Established Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by humblesmurph »

Hey all,

Just introducing myself. This forum was recommended to me by a member. Full disclosure, I am an atheist. Not that anybody cares, but I never believed in God. I wasn't turned off to religion by some catastrophic event or by the actions of individuals acting under the flag of religion. I have not come here to argue the merits of religion or God's existence. I just thought it fair to state my worldview up front. I'm told that there are atheists here and they get along fine. My intention is to interact with theists as I would with any other group of people.
humblesmurph
Established Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by humblesmurph »

Hello again,

It seems that my first post was not allowed. I'm not sure if something was offensive. I understand that there are atheist members of the forum. I am an atheist. I'm not a strong atheist, I don't assert that there is no God. I simply don't believe in God. As stated in my original post, I came to know about this forum from a member. He is a Christian scholar that I have exchanged words with quite a few times. All of those exchanges have been pleasant, and very few of them have centered on the validity of Christianity or the existence of God.

I am not a blind follower of anything. I am also not an academic that has come to debunk anything. I am a person trying to get along in this world. Given my peculiar position of non-belief, sometimes people prejudge me. I hope this won't be such a place. In the real world we all have to live together, I don't see why we can't get along in cyberspace. I'm a member of an atheist forum and there are quite a few theists there.

I could have easily used a different user name and professed to be Christian. However, that would be dishonest. I hope you will not punish me for my honesty by refusing to let me take part in discussions. I recognize there is a thin line to walk. I haven't come to belittle, challenge, or even question anybody's faith in, or scientific proof of, God.

regards

humblesmurph
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

Welcome humblesmurph.

Somehow your post slipped through unnoticed. :oops:

We approve the first few posts of new users to prevent spammers and others who would not be appropriate here. Happy to have an open-minded atheist here.

Kurieuo
zoegirl
Old School
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by zoegirl »

humblesmurph wrote:Hello again,

It seems that my first post was not allowed. I'm not sure if something was offensive. I understand that there are atheist members of the forum. I am an atheist. I'm not a strong atheist, I don't assert that there is no God. I simply don't believe in God. As stated in my original post, I came to know about this forum from a member. He is a Christian scholar that I have exchanged words with quite a few times. All of those exchanges have been pleasant, and very few of them have centered on the validity of Christianity or the existence of God.

I am not a blind follower of anything. I am also not an academic that has come to debunk anything. I am a person trying to get along in this world. Given my peculiar position of non-belief, sometimes people prejudge me. I hope this won't be such a place. In the real world we all have to live together, I don't see why we can't get along in cyberspace. I'm a member of an atheist forum and there are quite a few theists there.

I could have easily used a different user name and professed to be Christian. However, that would be dishonest. I hope you will not punish me for my honesty by refusing to let me take part in discussions. I recognize there is a thin line to walk. I haven't come to belittle, challenge, or even question anybody's faith in, or scientific proof of, God.

regards

humblesmurph

Also apologoies!! No, not at all offensive...simply a long day teaching and then parent night!! So I checked the board but not particularly very....observant last night!

Welcome! What an unusual username....are you blue, perchance? y#-o
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
ryeguy123
Familiar Member

Post by ryeguy123 »

hi this is an awosme website
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

ryeguy123 wrote:hi this is an awosme website
Welcome. :wave: I hope you stick around and participate in discussions some.
KingdomSeeker
Newbie Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by KingdomSeeker »

Hello, my name is Jessica. I have been visiting this site for about a year now. I am now happy to be finally a part of this community. This site has brought so much light to my life, so thank you for that and hi. :)
zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

Welcome to the board, both of you...hope to be able to see you in some discussions.
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"