Dodger Stadium

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
BavarianWheels
Prestigious Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Dodger Stadium

Post by BavarianWheels »

Although the Dodgers are doing horribly and lost the game tonight, the seats were awesome!
We really enjoyed the view and being able to actually hear the players, coaches...etc.
My first time this close. The seats over that concrete barrier are $550 - $600 EACH.
Others behind home plate are a lot more and include all-you-can-eat and drink (minus alcoholic drinks)
Waiters come and serve you. The seats we had, had a face value of $129.00
They are company season tix...so we didn't pay...I can't afford that for a night at the game!

We arrived at 5:30pm and watched batting practice, and one celeb...Warren Moon.
Game started at 7:10pm.

Just wanted to share. :)

I took over 200 pics.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Re: Dodger Stadium

Post by RickD »

Looks like a beautiful night. We have a minor league team here that I really enjoy seeing, but it is much too hot and humid to sit at a game this time of year here. My son was a huge Manny Ramirez fan when he was with the Red Sox. He was very disappointed when he wasn't signed, and left for the Dodgers. It must have been fun with those great seats.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Phantom
Acquainted Member

Post by Phantom »

BavarianWheels wrote:.
Although the Dodgers are doing horribly and lost the game tonight, the seats were awesome!
We really enjoyed the view and being able to actually hear the players, coaches...etc.
My first time this close. The seats over that concrete barrier are $550 - $600 EACH.
Others behind home plate are a lot more and include all-you-can-eat and drink (minus alcoholic drinks)
They are company season tix...so we didn't pay...I can't afford that for a night at the game!

I took over 200 pics.
Warren Moon is the poker player..... right?
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Warren Moon is a retired CFL & NFL quarterback.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Phantom
Acquainted Member

Post by Phantom »

RickD wrote:
Warren Moon is a retired CFL & NFL quarterback.
:oops:

Hehe..... my bad
cslewislover
Ultimate Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by cslewislover »

BavarianWheels wrote:.

I took over 200 pics.
:o Neat! It's too bad those seats aren't normally cheaper, lol. You'd have to really love baseball to pay $600 for a seat! :lol:
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
Phantom
Acquainted Member

Post by Phantom »

cslewislover wrote: :o Neat! It's too bad those seats aren't normally cheaper, lol. You'd have to really love baseball to pay $600 for a seat! :lol:
Imagine season tickets :esurprised:

Actually, they might make a good investment :| ........ y(:|
BavarianWheels

Post by BavarianWheels »

cslewislover wrote: :o Neat! It's too bad those seats aren't normally cheaper, lol. You'd have to really love baseball to pay $600 for a seat! :lol:
From my understanding, for the most part, the ticket holders of those seats are companies and not individuals. They hand them out to their employees and as perks for mgmt, not to mention also for their own customers.
Canuckster1127
Old School
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Canuckster1127 »

A lot of those seats are owned by companies. They're usually not for employees first though. They're given to important clients who are being wooed for business or as appreciation for continued business. Owners and partners often use them. When they're not being given or used in that capacity they might be given as a perk for an employee, but it might affect the write-off as the ticket as a business expense which is also a reason companies buy them.

Usually tickets for employees are bought in blocks for a special night at the ball park sponsored by the company.

That's neat you got such nice seats Bav. Your company must appreciate you a lot! ;)
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
BavarianWheels

Post by BavarianWheels »

Canuckster1127 wrote:That's neat you got such nice seats Bav. Your company must appreciate you a lot! ;)
Unfortunately the company I work for cannot be this appreciative if they felt they needed to show me. These were a gift from a friend...and his company, but not as a business gift. They just hadn't given them to anyone.

I did get a company ball cap from my employer on my first day of work...but that was back in mid '93. Nothing since then. ;)