A few general questions about the end times

Discussions on Christian eschatology including different views pertaining to Jesus' second coming, rapture and tribulation, the millennium, and so forth.
kmr
Valued Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: A few general questions about the end times

Post by kmr »

Well, Christ said that nobody knew when his day would come (Matthew 24:36), so any "on date predictions" are most likely false. Yes, that means that the 2012 theory is not true.
kmr
Valued Member

Post by kmr »

Revelation (and prophetic verses in other books) is among the most controversial topics in history. The clues are so vague, usually metaphorical or in code, that it is almost impossible for any one person to find the "true" interpretation of it. However, here are a few ideas that I believe are credible.

1) The anti-Christ and false prophet are both muslim, or at least pose as muslims (as described on this page).

2) They will come out of Rome and the Catholic church:
Revelation suggests that the anti-Christ will base his operations in a city on seven hills, which is a term often used to describe Rome, and that Babylon is code for Rome to avoid persecution (as it was written while Jews were under Roman oppression).
Clues in Revelation point out that the government of said anti-Christ will be a false church (and a rich one, too), and many people have linked questionable teachings of Catholicism as preliminary action to the end times.
Also, more radically, many people have linked the actions of the Catholic church over thousands of years to time and event predictions in Revelation along with other, smaller connections (such as the number 666). Many of these claims are possible, and noteworthy, and many are odd and less credible.

3) Revelation is taken literally throughout. This would produce a theory much like the Left Behind series and interpretation, with the headquarters of the anti-Christ being set on the real Babylon. However, this is more or less shaky because many passages in Revelation are clearly laid out as metaphors, and verses that coincide with these are unknown to be metaphors or not, such as Babylon being Rome or Jerusalem (or Babylon), or of descriptions of the woman on the beast and other passages.
CeT-To

Post by CeT-To »

Hey guys watch these vids 1-7 of Walid Shoebat talking about islam and the bible, he also talks a lot about the end times towards the last couple of vids.

Here is the first one :) Enjoy and happy learning :!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxHnb9go ... re=related
But joy and happiness in you to all who seek you! Let them ceaselessly cry,"Great is Yahweh" who love your saving power. Psalm 40:16

I Praise you Yahweh, my Lord, my God!!!!!
cslewislover
Ultimate Member
Sex: Female

Post by cslewislover »

Ooh, I'll have to watch those . . . but I can't do it now. I've seen him speak a couple of times. Maybe I can get him to post something on the board! That would be cool.
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
CeT-To

Post by CeT-To »

cslewislover wrote:Ooh, I'll have to watch those . . . but I can't do it now. I've seen him speak a couple of times. Maybe I can get him to post something on the board! That would be cool.
That would be epic cslewislover! although isnt there a high risk of being killed for what he says ...pretty sure the muslims in the middle east (not all) hate ex muslims the MOST.
But joy and happiness in you to all who seek you! Let them ceaselessly cry,"Great is Yahweh" who love your saving power. Psalm 40:16

I Praise you Yahweh, my Lord, my God!!!!!
Gman
Old School
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Gman »

CeT-To wrote:Hey guys watch these vids 1-7 of Walid Shoebat talking about islam and the bible, he also talks a lot about the end times towards the last couple of vids.

Here is the first one :) Enjoy and happy learning :!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxHnb9go ... re=related
Interesting videos... Thanks for posting that.
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8