hello

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Once4all
Familiar Member

Re: A thousand years is like a day

Post by Once4all »

LittleShepherd wrote:Yeah, that's basically what I was saying. I'm an Old-Earth Creationist...and it seems that taking the 1000 years to 1 day thing literally would be of more benefit to young earth creationists. :D
Well, I certainly don't see how it benefits a young earth creation. From your view as an old earth creationist, you see one day as several billion years, and that's not in the Bible at all. :D

So if you want to say that taking a day to be a thousand years benefits neither of us, I could agree with that.

Once4all
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Mastermind »

A 24 hour period for yom in Genesis isn't in the bible either, so don't even go there.
Are you threatening me Master Skeptic?
j316
Established Member
Christian: No

Post by j316 »

Felgar, have you ever noticed how the bible is so interconnected? It's almost like the nerve ganglia in the brain. I think this is one point that makes it so real to me, especially when you consider how many years and authors were involved.
Welcome to the group Hitch, I hope you are not serious about the antisocial behavior you described, I can't see God endorsing anything like that. He tells us to obey authority.
Felgar
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: No

Post by Felgar »

j316 wrote:Felgar, have you ever noticed how the bible is so interconnected? It's almost like the nerve ganglia in the brain. I think this is one point that makes it so real to me, especially when you consider how many years and authors were involved.
Yeah, and the more you know it the more things are made clear but yet the more you have to learn. It's exactly like science in that regard - the more we learn, the more we understand how much more there is to learn. :)

Also, through my involvement in these boards I've come to realize that for just about every question and discussion there's a verse that explains how they dealt with the very same issues 2000 years ago. Amazing really.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

j316

Hello,
Not anti-social at all. More an objective sense of humour.
Or a sense of humour while being objective.

I have never taken authority too seriously unless it matters after I have quesstioned it.
Of course you are talking about god's authority ?
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Post by AttentionKMartShoppers »

Yeah, and the more you know it the more things are made clear but yet the more you have to learn. It's exactly like science in that regard - the more we learn, the more we understand how much more there is to learn.
Agreed. I thought I understood the Bible well and I read Ecclesiastes. That flew over me like the international space station...I looked at the introduction written by some editor or whatever, explaining what the book was about...and it barely helped me. I could get the obvious stuff, but I KNEW there was a library's worth of stuff that just wasn't hitting me.
"My actions prove that God takes care of idiots."

He occasionally stumbled over the truth, but hastily picked himself up and hurried on as if nothing had happened.
- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

An atheist can't find God for the same reason a criminal can't find a police officer.

You need to start asking out girls so that you can get used to the rejections.
-Anonymous