Please Introduce Yourself Here

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Byblos
Old School
Christian: Yes

Re: Please Introduce Yourself Here

Post by Byblos »

Cactus wrote:
Byblos wrote:
Cactus wrote:no he was an allegory...if he was your great,great,great anything then the world would be only 6000-10000 years old.(instead of the 4.6 billion that it actually is)
So you're saying humans have been around for that long? :esurprised: I'd like to see the science you're referencing.
Just search it on wikipedia. That should be simple enough for you :lol:
So I guess the answer is no, you don't have any scientific references that state humans have been around for 4.6 billion years, am I right?
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
Cactus
Established Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Cactus »

humans haven't been around for that long. The earth has been around for a long, long time. Radiometric Dating shows that it has been. You can take your creation account and shove it up where the sun doesn't shine. :clap:

Not HUMANS, THE EARTH.
sinnerbybirth
Established Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by sinnerbybirth »

All this from a name like " sinnerbybirth " ? 8-}2

Did I miss something? or start something?
Cactus
Established Member

Post by Cactus »

everybody starts something, not many people seem to want to finish things though. :egeek:
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

Cactus wrote:humans haven't been around for that long. The earth has been around for a long, long time. Radiometric Dating shows that it has been. You can take your creation account and shove it up where the sun doesn't shine. :clap:

Not HUMANS, THE EARTH.
For the record, let us review:
sinnerbybirth wrote:Well Cactus, you see I inherited it from adam. He's my great great great great...........Well you get the picture. :lol:
you wrote:no he was an allegory...if he was your great,great,great anything then the world would be only 6000-10000 years old.(instead of the 4.6 billion that it actually is)
then I said wrote:So you're saying humans have been around for that long? :esurprised: I'd like to see the science you're referencing.
See where I underlined the relevant words? Sinnerbybirth was saying he inherited sin from Adam and you made the giant leap that that is not possible because the world is not 6,000 but billions of years old. How that follows I have no idea, considering most of us here believe in an old earth.

As for your very respective tone, all I can say is that it is very demonstrative of your childish behavior (regardless of how old you are) or maybe reflective of your man-made system of morality. Or perhaps both. Run along now and join the rest of your pack. :wave:
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
sinnerbybirth
Established Member

Post by sinnerbybirth »

Cactus,

This may be a little bit of a stretch. But if the world is, O' lets just say for argument sake 4.6 billion years old. God created the earth in say 7 days. If we divide 4.6 billion years by 7 we get 657 million years and some change. Follow me so far? If man was made on the sixth day, that still leaves 1 day for rest or approx 657 million years (and some change). That kind of puts man on earth around 600 some odd million years ago. No, I don't believe that :shakehead:

Now, take for instance the following question:

If you step in a mud puddle, how many pancakes does it take to shingle a doghouse? Who knows? My point is no one knows how old the earth is! See Job 38: 1-4
Human
Familiar Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female

Post by Human »

(I break your argument to bring an introduction)

I seem to have chosen "Human" as a screen name for myself here. You may call me Nicholas is if that suits you better(and causes less confusion by vagueness). I am unsure of exactly when I became a Christian, though I suppose I should give my story to give an explanation.
I've been born into a somewhat secular Christian family. My mother switched sects for my father. Neither have read the Bible or seem very active in their walk. Or I am not seeing something. So I believed in God as a young child though I knew not what it all meant. Judaism, Christianity, and Catholicism were the only religions I knew until I was seven or so. :lol: Anyway, depression set in my elementary school years as well as mental disorders/diseases.whatever-you-label-them. Life had ups and downs though it usually felt empty and a will to die was constant. I was a heavy thinker, though, always pondering the wonders of reality. I stumbled upon some of the "great philosophies" or other scientific things just by thinking in my own mind. I had agnostic streaks and for a few years I believed all religions were true (God and Zeus co-existing). My friend though pointed out to me that that was a sin. So I renounced that. And somehow an episode of King of the Hill was how God reached out to me. That night I realized I DESERVE TO BURN IN HELL. I cried that night and repented to the Lord. It was not long after that I discovered salvation through Christ. I love Jesus Christ. Although I believed blindly and always took my own way. Things got worse as I justified ignoring God and trying to be in control of everything. I danced with depression, sucking it in like a drug I said I wanted rid of but thrived on(or so I thought). Finally earlier this year I cried out to God to free me. I saw it was Satan's work and it was pulling me from God. I turned away and loved everyone. I very much want to be with Christ. I've started into the Bible-reading from cover to cover. Read most nights and at Numbers right now. Tried a few times before but I had a lack of reading ability(or will).

So yeah. I love Christ and I love all of you. :ebiggrin: I'm a 15 year old teen trying to walk His way in today's world. Most of my friends are atheists and I listen to metal, but I keep my heart pure; I've actually had the pleasure of watching one of my closest friends finding God and becoming a Christian.
So yeah....human
Vice
Acquainted Member
Christian: No

Post by Vice »

Hello everyone I am new here. You can call me what you will and I hope to have good discussions with all of you.
MarcusOfLycia

Post by MarcusOfLycia »

I'm new to the site as a member, but have been reading and following it for years. I hope I might be able to offer something to it, considering all the wealth I've taken from it in the past.
CeT-To

Post by CeT-To »

MarcusOfLycia wrote:I'm new to the site as a member, but have been reading and following it for years. I hope I might be able to offer something to it, considering all the wealth I've taken from it in the past.

HELLO Marcus :ebiggrin:

Good to have you on the site y>:D< and i have to say that i did the exact same thing! ive been reading and reading on the main site and forum posts for months and months except ive only registered as a member late january this year ;) oh and i definitely know what you mean about learning a lot from here, the people here are smart, polite and there are no rage fights like other sites :ebiggrin:

Have fun posting Marcus cause i know i have been :lol:
But joy and happiness in you to all who seek you! Let them ceaselessly cry,"Great is Yahweh" who love your saving power. Psalm 40:16

I Praise you Yahweh, my Lord, my God!!!!!
amyweaver29
Newbie Member

Post by amyweaver29 »

Hello! I am a newbie, my account had just been activated. I am looking forward to learning many things in here.

Regards and God bless,
Amy
Kaffeevollautomat
CeT-To

Post by CeT-To »

Hello Amy ! dw you WILL learn many things here as i have, its great to have you here! I hope for your contribution in topics :ebiggrin:

God bless! y>:D<
But joy and happiness in you to all who seek you! Let them ceaselessly cry,"Great is Yahweh" who love your saving power. Psalm 40:16

I Praise you Yahweh, my Lord, my God!!!!!
cslewislover
Ultimate Member

Post by cslewislover »

Hi Marcus, and welcome, finally, to the discussions! That's quite interesting, that you've been reading the board for so long but now have joined. I hope you continue to learn and enjoy.

Amy, welcome to the board too! A comment about your link: at first, I thought you were simply a spammer, as we get lots of those. It seems to me that it would be best if you gave that link on your profile only, where you can list your web site. It may be OK to have it in your signature section - I'm not sure what the other board members would say. The links people provide in their posts and normally in their signatures always lead to Christian-related web pages, not commercial ones.
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
cslewislover
Ultimate Member

Post by cslewislover »

Human/Nicholas, I missed your post earlier, but I want to give you a welcome! I'm glad things are going well for you now, with God, and that's very exciting about your friend! I also love seeing how God can work through our modern media to reach people. God bless.
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
zoegirl
Old School
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by zoegirl »

Welcome about everyone!!
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"