Mormons vehemently oppose the Trinity

Discussions surrounding the various other faiths who deviate from mainstream Christian doctrine such as LDS and the Jehovah's Witnesses.
Obiwan
Recognized Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Mormons vehemently oppose the Trinity..

Post by Obiwan »

I would have to take time to look up the reference which is here at my home somewhere. I am in and out alot so it may take some time. Which Form/Model of the Trinity is the correct one in scripture ?, [Nicean I take it from your posts].
Thanks for sharing again. I hope and pray that you have a safe and blessed evening.

IN HIS DEBT/GRACE
OBIWAN
LDS JEDI KNIGHT
CeT-To

Post by CeT-To »

Obiwan wrote:I would have to take time to look up the reference which is here at my home somewhere. I am in and out alot so it may take some time. Which Form/Model of the Trinity is the correct one in scripture ?, [Nicean I take it from your posts].
Thanks for sharing again. I hope and pray that you have a safe and blessed evening.

IN HIS DEBT/GRACE
OBIWAN
LDS JEDI KNIGHT
Can you show us the models or link us to some sites that give us the description of them?
But joy and happiness in you to all who seek you! Let them ceaselessly cry,"Great is Yahweh" who love your saving power. Psalm 40:16

I Praise you Yahweh, my Lord, my God!!!!!
Obiwan
Recognized Member

Post by Obiwan »

I have read about them in printed material in a Theological Seminary and other places some time ago and I have limited time to drive over and remember where I read them. I also may have some references here but would need to search, Sorry.

In His Debt/Grace
OBIWAN
LDS JEDI KNIGHT
CeT-To

Post by CeT-To »

Obiwan wrote:I have read about them in printed material in a Theological Seminary and other places some time ago and I have limited time to drive over and remember where I read them. I also may have some references here but would need to search, Sorry.

In His Debt/Grace
OBIWAN
LDS JEDI KNIGHT
No worries ^_^ i think we just want to know what you are talking about.
But joy and happiness in you to all who seek you! Let them ceaselessly cry,"Great is Yahweh" who love your saving power. Psalm 40:16

Obiwan
Recognized Member

Post by Obiwan »

Thank you, my computer skills are limited but I will do the best that I can. :econfused:. Not all LDS are "vehemenly" against the Trinity, just LDS who are not accustom/used to about it. Many a LDS Professor/Scholar schooled in the Biblical History/Sciences/History are not "vehemently" against it but would not agree with that form/model [Nicea] as it is interpeted.

May Grace Be with you all.
In His Debt/Grace
OBIWAN LDS JEDI KNIGHT
Obiwan
Recognized Member

Post by Obiwan »

Gman wrote:
Obiwan wrote:I do not believe it is all "made up" but what is seen through the eyes/mind of the religious tradition one is exposed to. This includes Protestant eyesight/mindset as it is viewed by them which is seen by many a non -Protestant Christian and in other ways as well. Thank you for sharing. :esmile:

The Atonement It Is The Central Doctrine
In His Debt/Grace
OBIWAN
LDS JEDI KNIGHT
The Trinity is not "tradition." Sorry, you have it all wrong.. It's ingrained into the Bible..

The Trinity in the Old Testament..
http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/triunity.html

Evidence for God from Science: Christian Apologetics Jesus Christ as God and the Trinity Was Not Invented Until the Fourth Century?
http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/trinity.html

"The discovery of a 3rd century Christian church at Megiddo, Israel, along with an inscription to the "god Jesus Christ" confirms that Christians worshipped Jesus Christ as God before the council of Nicaea."
http://www.godandscience.org/apologetic ... hurch.html

Jesus Christ Never Said He Was God?
http://www.godandscience.org/cults/jesus.html

Interesting article by non LDS in relation to this topic - http://www.sullivan-county.com/identity/trinity.htm

Be sure to click the updated version once you are there.

In His Debt/Grace
OBIWAN
LDS JEDI KNIGHT.
Gman
Old School
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Gman »

Obiwan wrote:
Interesting article by non LDS in relation to this topic - http://www.sullivan-county.com/identity/trinity.htm

Be sure to click the updated version once you are there.

In His Debt/Grace
OBIWAN
LDS JEDI KNIGHT.
This is an old topic... These are simply accusations. How does your source discredit the Trinity? Show me biblically..

Also why aren't you giving me your blessings tonight?
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Obiwan wrote:Thank you, my computer skills are limited but I will do the best that I can. :econfused:. Not all LDS are "vehemenly" against the Trinity, just LDS who are not accustom/used to about it. Many a LDS Professor/Scholar schooled in the Biblical History/Sciences/History are not "vehemently" against it but would not agree with that form/model [Nicea] as it is interpeted.

May Grace Be with you all.
In His Debt/Grace
OBIWAN LDS JEDI KNIGHT
I disagree.. Did you see what your elder Jeffery R. Holland wrote? He is "vehemently" against the Trinity..

So.. What is the "true" interpretation of the Trinity??

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
CeT-To

Post by CeT-To »

Gman wrote:Also why aren't you giving me your blessings tonight?
Ummm Gman don't be so unpleasant, he has done you no wrong...where were your blessings? Just because he does not or yet recognise the Trinity does not mean you can disrespect some one. When you talk about scripture or the message/revelations of God it has to be done through love.. you know that. I have deep respect for you since i have read many of your posts which i've enjoyed( I still do) and they have taught me quite a bit, but dont you think that was a little uncalled for? y:-/

God bless you both ( Obiwan and Gman) y@};-

Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

CeT-To wrote:
Ummm Gman don't be so unpleasant, he has done you no wrong...where were your blessings? Just because he does not or yet recognise the Trinity does not mean you can disrespect some one. When you talk about scripture or the message/revelations of God it has to be done through love.. you know that. I have deep respect for you since i have read many of your posts which i've enjoyed( I still do) and they have taught me quite a bit, but dont you think that was a little uncalled for? y:-/

y:-/

I don't see where Gman was anywhere disrespectful. All he did is ask for a blessing, what are you talking about?
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

CeT-To wrote:

I don't see how this is being unpleasant either.. I usually get a blessing or hand wave :wave: or blessing from obiwan.. But then they seemed to stop. So I was just asking why.. I didn't mean to hurt his feelings. Actually I never get hand waves from jedi knights anyways. I'm surprised I've lasted this long.. :P

CeT-To

Post by CeT-To »

ahhhh!! im so sorry >.< umm that sentence looked like it was ment to hurt, :( haha i made a big deal out of nothing :oops:

Sorry guys (especially Gman) here ill give you all blessings and a wave :wave: God bless you Gman, Byblos and Obiwan!May you continue following the Lord's path and that your faith will never leave you! :amen:

y>:D<

Obiwan
Recognized Member

Re: Mormons vehemently oppose the Trinity

Post by Obiwan »

Agape greetings to all :wave: , I have been a little busy with other events in my life and posting here is not a top priority :shakehead: . Anyway my above link on the Trinity by the non LDS Christian i noticed was not read with a response to its contents or any analysis.:sleep: Anyway I hope the above referenced site will actualy be read. May Grace br with you all.

Salvation Is In Jesus Christ The Person
In His Debt/Grace
Obiwan
LDS JEDI KNIGHT
Obiwan
Recognized Member

Re: Mormons vehemently oppose the Trinity

Post by Obiwan »

Gman you mean LDS JEDI KNIGHTS correct ?. :ebiggrin:

In His Debt/Grace
OBIWAN
LDS JEDI KNIGHT
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

CeT-To wrote:ahhhh!! im so sorry >.< umm that sentence looked like it was ment to hurt, :( haha i made a big deal out of nothing :oops:

Sorry guys (especially Gman) here ill give you all blessings and a wave :wave: God bless you Gman, Byblos and Obiwan!May you continue following the Lord's path and that your faith will never leave you! :amen:

y>:D<
Hey no problemo..

Blessings to you too.. :amen: