Sign from God?

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
Manipulate
Newbie Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Sign from God?

Post by Manipulate »

So, recently I accepted Christ and was wanting to know more about rules and boundries regarding sex and going to church, so I prayed to God to enlighten me on these subjects. Later that night my friend that I haven't seen away from school in awhile called me and invited me to his church where we discussed sexuality boundries for the whole time which regarded ALL of my confusion. Do you believe that thus was help from God or a a random coincedence? Anyway I thought it was cool.
Canuckster1127
Old School
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Sign from God?

Post by Canuckster1127 »

I don't know. But it's great it worked out that way for you.
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
For_Narniaaa
Established Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by For_Narniaaa »

I think it was from God. Reading the Bible often casts away the idea that most things are coincidences.
y@};-

"Fear of the Lord is the foundation of true knowledge." ~Proverbs 1:7

"The God of the universe---the Creator of nitrogen and pine needles, galaxies and E-minor---loves you with a radical, unconditional, self-sacrificing love." ~Francis Chan

Banner credit: arwen-undomiel.com
kmr
Valued Member

Post by kmr »

"God works in mysterious ways". It is entirely possible that it had been "set up" that way by God for your questions to be answered, although, I think, ultimately any questions you may have had would have been settled one way or another... time is such a relative and unimportant factor in the scheme of existence that when your questions were answered may not have mattered much, whether it was within a day of it's asking or a year or a decade. It could have been a sign from God. Or, maybe, God let it be settled that quickly because he knew that you would need to be able to answer those questions sometime soon in your life. I really don't know.
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Gabrielman »

Manipulate wrote:So, recently I accepted Christ and was wanting to know more about rules and boundries regarding sex and going to church, so I prayed to God to enlighten me on these subjects. Later that night my friend that I haven't seen away from school in awhile called me and invited me to his church where we discussed sexuality boundries for the whole time which regarded ALL of my confusion. Do you believe that thus was help from God or a a random coincedence? Anyway I thought it was cool.
Well it sounds like something from God. I wonder why I didn't see this thread before... oh well thanks to KMR it was brought to attention. Speaking of which, KMR, Welcome to the board! :ebiggrin: :wave: Glad to have you... well aboard! (Yeah I have been saving that) :lol: It's great to see new members! Hope to see some posts from you in the future!
God Bless!
Once I was trapped in a perpetual night, without even a star to light the sky. Now I stand in the glory of the Son, and not even a faint shadow of darkness remains.
kmr
Valued Member

Post by kmr »

Thanks, Gabrielman! It's good to be here!
- KMR

Dominum meum amō!
Gman
Old School
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Gman »

Manipulate wrote:So, recently I accepted Christ and was wanting to know more about rules and boundries regarding sex and going to church, so I prayed to God to enlighten me on these subjects. Later that night my friend that I haven't seen away from school in awhile called me and invited me to his church where we discussed sexuality boundries for the whole time which regarded ALL of my confusion. Do you believe that thus was help from God or a a random coincedence? Anyway I thought it was cool.
Happens to me all the time... It's not coincidence, they are signs from God. As an example, many times, as I have posted things like this forum before, I'm going through some real turbulence in my life, then out of the blue, Rich would post an answer on that subject. Very odd. It has happened numerous times on this site.
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8