Signs in the heavens

Discussions on Christian eschatology including different views pertaining to Jesus' second coming, rapture and tribulation, the millennium, and so forth.
Enginseer
Recognized Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Signs in the heavens

Post by Enginseer »

Humans can't predict activity in the Earth crust and can't even predict the weather reliably. I seriously doubt predicting the end of the world is within our grasp.
Am I an Atheist? Not really.

Am I a Christian? I'd be lying if I said I were.

The truth is I don't consider myself to belong to any isms, ists or anities. Questions to the mysteries of life I can only say I do not know. Yet through insight I set out to cure my ignorance.
Gman
Old School
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Gman »

touchingcloth wrote:
Gman wrote:And then there are these eclipses happening in 2014-15. It's interesting that when these type of things occur, typically good or bad things can happen for Christians or Jews (see below).
Little bit confused by that, Gman.

Firstly I'm confused that the author you've quoted pins down the >300year period of the Inquisition as happening "in 1492".

Secondly I'm confused that the author mentions 2 events happening a full year before the tetrads that supposedly coincide with them
The Spanish Inquisition — 1492
  • Passover, April 2, 1493
  • Sukkoth, Sept. 25, 1493
  • Passover, March 22, 1494
  • Sukkoth, Sept. 15, 1494
The War of Independence — 1948
  • Passover, April 13, 1949
  • Sukkoth, Oct. 7, 1949
  • Passover, April 2, 1950
  • Sukkoth, Sept. 26, 1950
Thirdly I'm confused that the author seems to have totally missed at least one tallying of Pesach/Sukkot with a tetrad in the years 1428/29.

Fourthly I'm confused that, while the author states that the eclipses of the tetrad coincide with the first days of Pesach and Sukkot, this isn't true for at least 5 of the dates mentioned (Pesach/Sukkot 1949 & 1967, Sukkot 1968). However, the dates are only one day off so this could be a function of converting from Hebrew to Gregorian calendars. Which reminds me...

Fifthly and mostly I'm amazed at the EPIC FAIL of the author in not recognising that the Hebrew calendar is synodic! Hebrew months begin with the new (i.e. opposite of full) moon.
Both Pesach and Sukkot take place in the middle of a Hebrew month (14th Nisan, 15th Tishrei). Full moons happen in the middle of synodic months. Total lunar eclipses only occur during a full moon.

The odds of tetrads of total lunar eclipses colliding with the dates of Pesachs and Sukkots is far from an amazing coincidence.
Not really sure.. Bring it up with that author.. I believe another problem is that only one of the lunar events appear over Jerusalem.
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Enginseer wrote:Humans can't predict activity in the Earth crust and can't even predict the weather reliably. I seriously doubt predicting the end of the world is within our grasp.
It's true that no human knows... But God does.. Mark 13:32

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Enginseer
Recognized Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Enginseer »

Gman wrote:
Enginseer wrote:Humans can't predict activity in the Earth crust and can't even predict the weather reliably. I seriously doubt predicting the end of the world is within our grasp.
It's true that no human knows... But God does.. Mark 13:32
This is a question of had for a long time. How does Mark, John etc know what god is saying?
Am I an Atheist? Not really.

Am I a Christian? I'd be lying if I said I were.

The truth is I don't consider myself to belong to any isms, ists or anities. Questions to the mysteries of life I can only say I do not know. Yet through insight I set out to cure my ignorance.
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Enginseer wrote: This is a question of had for a long time. How does Mark, John etc know what god is saying?
According to scripture, people were moved by the Holy Spirit (God) before they spoke or wrote. Of course what that prophet said too also had to be tested.

2 Peter 1:21

21For prophecy never had its origin in the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.

secretfire6
Established Member

Post by secretfire6 »

Hi Gman, I have somewhat of a theory for you..dont know if its new...its new to me as it came to me at work one night. Anyway I've seen alot of your posts and it has piqued my interest and may have a huge correlation with my theory.
2012 is getting alot of attention for being the end of days, when in fact, none of the prophecies from the cultures who mention 2012 say that it is the end of all things. At best it is the end of things as they have been. The Mayans said that on that date Dec 21 2012 their malevolent deity, who is associated with destruction, chaos and death, will come to earth and....... thats really all we know. the concesus among the other cultures is that it will be the end of one cycle being in chaos and upheavel, and the beginning of a new one shortly follows. Here is my theory:
what if, on Dec. 21 2012, all the things that are supposed to happen in the cosmos and stars don't signal or trigger any earthquakes or blow up yellowstone or start any world wars, but instead signal the birth of the child who will be the figure of the antichrist? Part of my theory strongly suggests that he will be born in Israel as Satan loves to mimic God. Things concerning this great false messiah may closely parallel the events of the true messiah including signs in the heavens. Initially the false messiah cannot be too different and definately not opposite of the true Christ, because those of the Jewish faith or any believer would not be decieved by an opposite. So if he is born in 2012, it would take at least a couple decades before hes at an age to really gain any political power or control. Jesus was 30 when he began his ministry correct? so if Satan mimics, it would be about the year 2042 when the antichrist begins to ooh and aww the peoples and create a false peace and maybe that is a year the the 7 year peace treaty is signed. we know that the peace suddenly and horrible ends about 3 and a half years after the false peace. now we are at 2045 and unknown months. Now things start to get nasty. Another 3 and a half years puts us at 2048 and unknown months. Any point after that could be the return of Christ and the end of the reign of the antichrist and his beast of a government.

I believe you said something is supposed to happen cosmically in the 2040's..could those events, my theory and the scriptures telling of the "signs in the heavens" signaling Christ's return all correlate? I don't claim to be prophetic nor do I think any of my theory to be absolutely true or even accurate..its just thoughts and info I was molling over.
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Yes the event will happen in September of 2040. Hmmm. That would certainly correlate to Rabbi Yitzchak Kaduri's prediction that a Christ figure may come after the death of Ariel Sharon.. So yes, that is possible.

Explained Here.

Here is another look at that alignment in 2040.. A perfect menorah..

As seen from earth.. Pretty neat.

Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Are we not commanded to love prophecy folks?

1 Corinthians 14:1 Follow the way of love and eagerly desire gifts of the Spirit, especially prophecy.

Well if that is what God wants us to do, then let's see what we got.

Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Hmmm. I just noticed something. In the alignment of the stars, look at where the servant light is. It's on the second of the last lamp.. Therefore technically the next lamp in line would be the moon (which symbolizes Christ). So the lamps or planets if you were to count a thousand years would be six thousand. Therefore it appears that the six thousand years are being complete by the servant lamp. What am I saying? The six thousand years is being crowed with light (the coming?) before the start of the next advent (moon). Again just thinking out loud here...

secretfire6
Established Member

Post by secretfire6 »

wow, That's really awesome. Of course the dates for my little theory are based on an assumption that the leader of the Beast in the last days will begin his rule at age 30, but in all reality it could be at 20, 25, 30 or whenever God appoints his time. I just did a reverse calculation using 2040 as a possible date for the end times (as per the intersting info you provided and the theory that 2012 is the birth of the false messiah) and got his reign of power starting at age 24-25. Seems young, but is definately a possibility.
I guess also what I'm asking is if there is any real credence to my idea of 2012 being the arrival of a malevolent spirit on earth in the form of a birth? Do the things that are slated to happen astronomically in 2012 ( solar eclipse, lunar eclipse, alignment of earth and the dark rift) correspond to this idea like the mayans and other cultures believe?
Oh also, did you know that Sir Isaac Newton, when he wasn't busy working on his scientific theories and mathmatics, made his own predictions about the end times and Christ's second comming? He ended up at a date of 2060. He never told anyone for fear that the church would call him out as a heretic and kill him, so he wrote it all in secret journal entries. Out of curiosity, Anything special happen in the skies from 2040 to 2060?
thanks for all your help and information. God bless
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

secretfire6 wrote:wow, That's really awesome. Of course the dates for my little theory are based on an assumption that the leader of the Beast in the last days will begin his rule at age 30, but in all reality it could be at 20, 25, 30 or whenever God appoints his time. I just did a reverse calculation using 2040 as a possible date for the end times (as per the intersting info you provided and the theory that 2012 is the birth of the false messiah) and got his reign of power starting at age 24-25. Seems young, but is definately a possibility.
My understanding is the 2040 date could be the start of the 7 year tribulation.. It would be the Biblical year of 6001 and the beginning of the Last Shabuah (week of 7 years). Therefore 2012 to 2040 is 28 years old...Pretty close.

Again this is just speculation...
secretfire6 wrote:I guess also what I'm asking is if there is any real credence to my idea of 2012 being the arrival of a malevolent spirit on earth in the form of a birth? Do the things that are slated to happen astronomically in 2012 ( solar eclipse, lunar eclipse, alignment of earth and the dark rift) correspond to this idea like the mayans and other cultures believe?
It's debated a lot by scientists as to what exactly it all means. The belief is that our Solar System crosses in and out of the galactic plane every 33 million years and that the sun will be at the exact center of the galactic plane on December 21, 2012... But then again, it might just be hype too. Not many scientists are jumping on the band wagon here... My hunch is that nothing will happen here at all. Spiritually however will something happen? I don't know..

We have an article on it here.. http://www.godandscience.org/doctrine/2 ... eview.html
secretfire6 wrote:Oh also, did you know that Sir Isaac Newton, when he wasn't busy working on his scientific theories and mathmatics, made his own predictions about the end times and Christ's second comming? He ended up at a date of 2060. He never told anyone for fear that the church would call him out as a heretic and kill him, so he wrote it all in secret journal entries. Out of curiosity, Anything special happen in the skies from 2040 to 2060?
thanks for all your help and information. God bless
Yes I have heard of that by Newton.. The 2040 date is significant since it happens once every 26 thousand years. You could say its the biggest sign of the millennium especially in the sign of Virgo. When you go to 2047 it looks to be a great Jubilee year that begins on Yom Kippur. As for other signs, there also appears to be another sign with Jupiter in the same constellation pattern when Christ was first born. A new rebirth of the millennium.

secretfire6
Established Member

Post by secretfire6 »

Haha loved the link and what is funny is that I am going to mention pole shift and super volcanoes, but not for 2012. I also believe, as I stated initially, that 2012 probably will not manifest anything physical. If anything the link is dead on with the movie and book sales sky rocketing, people hording supplies, panicing and scammers taking advantage. An uneventful 2012 may serve 2 purposes. It will divide up those who were on the fence about prophecy into 2 groups. Group 1 will be those who loose all faith in prophecy, religion and spiritualism to go on believing that humans will allways be here and we can solve our problems with technology and brains (unfortunately my brother may be becoming one of them). Group 2 will be those who dont give up on it and begin to search into it all to find what the prophets are REALLY saying and what the predictions REALLY are. An uneventful 2012 will also give support to the theory that the changes occuring during that cycle at that time, will be human/spiritual and could grow and fester for another 28 years.

When you mentioned the 26,000 year cycle of the celestial events of 2040 my mind jumped to two things: the pole shift cycle and the eruption cycle of yellowstone. Unfortunately my memory is failing me as to which one of these has the 26,000 year cycle or whether they both did. What I can remember is that the experts studying each of these are all saying that not only are they due to happen, but they are both showing some disturbing activity. At the risk of sounding like one of the wackos the link spoke of (because i do greatly agree with everything said in it) these 2 events stand out to me because they fit well within revelation and other prophecies I can think of. Before I say anything more, I better do some reasearch because I may have to throw this whole paragraph and idea out the window :esmile:
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Lately, I've really been getting into prophecy.. I enjoy reading what the latest theories are. Like I said before, we are commanded to follow prophecy, 1 Corinthians 14:1... And Jesus calls us not to be ignorant of the times.

But I have also learned to take things with a grain of salt.. :P

secretfire6
Established Member

Post by secretfire6 »

ok, so i did a quick look into the pole shift cycle. From what i can gather, scientists and experts agree that we are due for a pole reversal, but the cycle is much longer than i thought and not completely a stable pattern. more recently the shifts happen on an average of every 700,000+ years. This may be included in the judgements of revelation or it may not. It would definately get people's attention if used.

yellowstone had 3 major eruptions of supervolcanic calderas spanning the last 2 million years, the latest one occuring 640,000 years ago. the calculated cycle for yellowstone's massive eruptions is approxamately every 600,000 years. The geysers are heating up..land is bulging, lakes are tipping and geologists are freaking out.

Posted by geologist Christopher C. Sanders on January 1, 2009.
"I am advising all State officials around Yellowstone National Park for a potential State of Emergency. In the last week over 252 earthquakes have been observed by the USGS. We have a 3D view on the movement of magma rising underground. We have all of the pre warning signs of a major eruption from a super volcano. - I want everyone to leave Yellowstone National Park and for 200 miles around the volcano caldera."

another source says:
"The scenario (tv documentary of a possible eruption) was based on the real 2003 heat up of the Norris Geyser at Yellowstone and the fact that it has been shown that the land is raising over time. Norris Basin itself has raised 5 inches, and the entire Caldera has raised 35 inches since 1923.
It is also known that one end of Yellowstone Lake is 100 feet higher than it used to be and flooding the land at the other end and killing the trees. Trees in various parts of the park are dying because their roots are cooking from the heat under the ground. Bison have died from gas coming out of the holes in the ground.
Water is now boiling along the trails. Some people have fallen into this water and been severely injured. Some paths are now closed."

just some food for thought. It definately puts in prespective how utterly helpless we are on our own.