Signs in the heavens

Discussions on Christian eschatology including different views pertaining to Jesus' second coming, rapture and tribulation, the millennium, and so forth.
TallMan
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Signs in the heavens

Post by TallMan »

"And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring" (Luke 21:25)

I am persuaded that "His Star" (Matt. 2:2), "the Bethlehem Star", "the Christmas Star" was teh conjunction of significant planets and constellations.
The Wise Men were correct, even Herrod believed them and acted accordingly ( :( ).

I havn't looked into the 2012 prophecy but I believe it is based on a similar conjunction of significant heavenly bodies.

Does anyone have a strong, fact-based view?
Gman
Old School
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Signs in the heavens

Post by Gman »

TallMan wrote:"And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring" (Luke 21:25)

I am persuaded that "His Star" (Matt. 2:2), "the Bethlehem Star", "the Christmas Star" was teh conjunction of significant planets and constellations.
The Wise Men were correct, even Herrod believed them and acted accordingly ( :( ).

I havn't looked into the 2012 prophecy but I believe it is based on a similar conjunction of significant heavenly bodies.

I believe I'm the only one here that has a firm grasp on the subject..

http://discussions.godandscience.org/vi ... 14&start=0

I tend to shy away from using the constellations to predict Christ's coming since no one knows the time. I Believe however, that there is something big coming with the heavens in 2049.. Nothing really in 2012...
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Gman wrote:
TallMan wrote:"And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring" (Luke 21:25)

I believe I'm the only one here that has a firm grasp on the subject..

http://discussions.godandscience.org/vi ... 14&start=0

I tend to shy away from using the constellations to predict Christ's coming since no one knows the time. I Believe however, that there is something big coming with the heavens in 2049.. Nothing really in 2012...
I tend to shy away too, but am interested to know what the something big is that is coming in 2049? :)
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Kurieuo wrote: I tend to shy away too, but am interested to know what the something big is that is coming in 2049? :)
Actually I got the date a bit wrong.. There is one sign that is going to be the biggest sign of the whole millennium. The event will happen in September of 2040 and it happens only once every 26 thousand years. There is going to be a grand massing of the planets, Jupiter, Mercury, Venus, Saturn and Mars, along with the Moon and the Sun on the feast of trumpets (Rosh Hashanah) on a Jubilee year in the constellation Virgo. They say that when Christ was born it was a Jubilee year, when the Exodus occurred it was a Jubilee year, and supposedly it is the start of the 7th millennium. Christ, according to the constellations, was also born in September on Rosh Hashanah in Virgo (the woman) Revelation 12:1-2. A new birth..

It's not only interesting that it is occurring on a Jubilee year (which is the year at the end of seven cycles of Sabbatical years) and on Rosh Hashanah, the new year, but it also symbolizes the seven branched Menorah in the sky. Seven is also a sign of God's completed creation or works and many other things.

Coincidence? Luke 21:25, Acts 2:19. I don't know...

Menorah

Year 2040

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

And then there are these eclipses happening in 2014-15. It's interesting that when these type of things occur, typically good or bad things can happen for Christians or Jews (see below). Will something happen on these dates? It's hard to say... But I would be cautious at least.
Sabbatical Year 2014-2015
Begins Sept. 25, 2014
Ends Sept 13, 2015

Four Lunar Eclipses: Tetrads
Passover — April 15, 2014
Tabernacles (Sukkot) — Oct 8, 2014
Passover — April 4, 2015
Tabernacles (Sukkot) — Sept 28, 2015

Total Solar Eclipses
Nisan 1, 2015 — Mar 21
Tishri 1, 2015 — Sept 14, Rosh Hashanah

When four consecutive lunar eclipses are all total eclipses, the group is known as a tetrad. The following tetrads occur during this century:

Tetrad (Four Consecutive Total Eclipses): 2003 - 2004
Tetrad (Four Consecutive Total Eclipses): 2014 - 2015
Tetrad (Four Consecutive Total Eclipses): 2032 - 2033
Tetrad (Four Consecutive Total Eclipses): 2043 - 2044
Tetrad (Four Consecutive Total Eclipses): 2050 - 2051
Tetrad (Four Consecutive Total Eclipses): 2061 - 2062
Tetrad (Four Consecutive Total Eclipses): 2072 - 2073
Tetrad (Four Consecutive Total Eclipses): 2090 - 2091

We have had blood-red moons on the first day of Passover and the first day of Sukkot on back-to-back years seven times since 1 A.D. Three of these occurrences were connected to 1492 (the Spanish Inquisition), 1948 (statehood for Israel and the War of Independence), and 1967 (the Six-Day War) — some of the most significant days in Jewish history.

Three sets of blood-red moons that corresponded to significant events:

The Spanish Inquisition — 1492

* Passover, April 2, 1493
* Sukkoth, Sept. 25, 1493
* Passover, March 22, 1494
* Sukkoth, Sept. 15, 1494

The War of Independence — 1948

* Passover, April 13, 1949
* Sukkoth, Oct. 7, 1949
* Passover, April 2, 1950
* Sukkoth, Sept. 26, 1950

The Six-Day War — 1967

* First Day of Passover, April 24, 1967
* First Day of Sukkoth, Oct. 18, 1967
* First Day of Passover. April 13, 1968
* First Day of Sukkoth, Oct. 6, 1968

What will occur in the 2013—2015 time period?

* First Day of Passover, April 15, 2014
* First Day of Sukkoth, Oct. 8, 2014
* First Day of Passover, April 4, 2015
* First Day of Sukkoth, Sept. 28, 2015

Fall Feasts in 2015

* Rosh Hashanah (The Feast of Trumpets), Sept. 14
* Yom Kippur (The Day of Atonement), Sept. 23
* Sukkoth (The Feast of Tabernacles), Sept. 28

The others were in 162/163 A.D., 795/796 A.D., 842/843 A.D. and 860/861 A.D. We don't have any historical connections for these years at this time, but we do know of significant Jewish persecution during the eighth and ninth centuries.

In all eight examples, the eclipses have fallen or will fall on the first day of Passover and Sukkot.
Source: http://jesusmessiah.wordpress.com/2008/ ... 2014-2015/

The11thDr.
Established Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by The11thDr. »

Gman what is that? Astrology? Come on thats dumb dont resort to that. I know what my star sign is, its the one with a huge middle finger.

Also what do people have with the idea that the world is going to end? when 2012 comes nothing is going to happen. FACT. y=;

Trust me, I'm the doctor.
ChrisB
Established Member

Post by ChrisB »

I have found this site helpful in regards to the nature of the Bethlehem Star and the date of Christ's birth and the Crucifixion...

http://bethlehemstar.net/
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

The11thDr. wrote:Gman what is that? Astrology? Come on thats dumb dont resort to that. I know what my star sign is, its the one with a huge middle finger.

Also what do people have with the idea that the world is going to end? when 2012 comes nothing is going to happen. FACT. y=;
Ouch... Well no one really knows for sure about the dates of Christ's coming however Christians are suppose to keep diligent watch over the signs in heaven Luke 21:25, Luke 21:36. And no this is not astrology.. It's merely God's words projected into the heavens, such as in the constellations and such. Poetry in the stars..

Dumb? No... A concern? Yes..

Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Samuel wrote:I have found this site helpful in regards to the nature of the Bethlehem Star and the date of Christ's birth and the Crucifixion...

Yes that is a great sight.. You might also like these topics..

The Christmas Star

Stars in the Bible (Gospel in the Sky Theory)

ChrisB
Established Member

Post by ChrisB »

Gman wrote:
Samuel wrote:I have found this site helpful in regards to the nature of the Bethlehem Star and the date of Christ's birth and the Crucifixion...

Yes that is a great sight.. You might also like these topics..

The Christmas Star

Stars in the Bible (Gospel in the Sky Theory)
Thanks... I'll look them up tomorrow after church.

Good night and God Bless. :sleep:
"Materialists and madmen never have doubts." -G.K. Chesterton
The11thDr.
Established Member

Post by The11thDr. »

Alright if it isn't astrology then move along, do it. But can't you do it without trying to prove the whole world is about to be destroyed? cant we atleast have bruce willis flying the space shuttle like a mellenium falcon to save us? :lol:

Trust me, I'm the doctor.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Gman wrote:
The11thDr. wrote:Gman what is that? Astrology? Come on thats dumb dont resort to that. I know what my star sign is, its the one with a huge middle finger.

Ouch... Well no one really knows for sure about the dates of Christ's coming however Christians are suppose to keep diligent watch over the signs in heaven Luke 21:25, Luke 21:36. And no this is not astrology.. It's merely God's words projected into the heavens, such as in the constellations and such. Poetry in the stars..

Dumb? No... A concern? Yes..
I don't think a person can rationally appreciate such a prediction unless they saw the Bethlehem Star DVD. ;) It will just sound far-fetched. I'm skeptical myself, but I am sure it will be an interesting year to watch. :)
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

The11thDr. wrote:Alright if it isn't astrology then move along, do it. But can't you do it without trying to prove the whole world is about to be destroyed? cant we atleast have bruce willis flying the space shuttle like a mellenium falcon to save us? :lol:
Astrology is highly condemned in the Bible.. Well instead of Bruce Willis, just think of Jesus trying to save us.. ;)

No one really knows the day nor the hour Mark 13:32, but it will eventually end anyways. Especially if we nuke ourselves..

Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Kurieuo wrote: I don't think a person can rationally appreciate such a prediction unless they saw the Bethlehem Star DVD. ;) It will just sound far-fetched. I'm skeptical myself, but I am sure it will be an interesting year to watch. :)
Yes, it's just a theory, but I wouldn't sweep it under the carpet either. If Christ says there are going to be signs in the sky, then I'm going to keep my eyes open. In fact Josephus recorded for us strange events that happened in the sky just before the temple was destroyed in 70 AD. Coincidence? I don't know...

touchingcloth

Post by touchingcloth »

Gman wrote:And then there are these eclipses happening in 2014-15. It's interesting that when these type of things occur, typically good or bad things can happen for Christians or Jews (see below).
Little bit confused by that, Gman.

Firstly I'm confused that the author you've quoted pins down the >300year period of the Inquisition as happening "in 1492".

Secondly I'm confused that the author mentions 2 events happening a full year before the tetrads that supposedly coincide with them
The Spanish Inquisition — 1492
  • Passover, April 2, 1493
  • Sukkoth, Sept. 25, 1493
  • Passover, March 22, 1494
  • Sukkoth, Sept. 15, 1494
The War of Independence — 1948
  • Passover, April 13, 1949
  • Sukkoth, Oct. 7, 1949
  • Passover, April 2, 1950
  • Sukkoth, Sept. 26, 1950
Thirdly I'm confused that the author seems to have totally missed at least one tallying of Pesach/Sukkot with a tetrad in the years 1428/29.

Fourthly I'm confused that, while the author states that the eclipses of the tetrad coincide with the first days of Pesach and Sukkot, this isn't true for at least 5 of the dates mentioned (Pesach/Sukkot 1949 & 1967, Sukkot 1968). However, the dates are only one day off so this could be a function of converting from Hebrew to Gregorian calendars. Which reminds me...

Fifthly and mostly I'm amazed at the EPIC FAIL of the author in not recognising that the Hebrew calendar is synodic! Hebrew months begin with the new (i.e. opposite of full) moon.
Both Pesach and Sukkot take place in the middle of a Hebrew month (14th Nisan, 15th Tishrei). Full moons happen in the middle of synodic months. Total lunar eclipses only occur during a full moon.

The odds of tetrads of total lunar eclipses colliding with the dates of Pesachs and Sukkots is far from an amazing coincidence.