Franklin Graham

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Franklin Graham

Post by RickD »

Franklin Graham may be disinvited to the national day of prayer. It seems some Muslims are offended by comments Graham made about Islam. What does everyone here think?http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/22/us/22 ... A_BRF.html
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Cross.eyed
Valued Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Franklin Graham

Post by Cross.eyed »

Disinvited by whom?
I am the wretch the song refers to.
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

I like a guy who pisses liberals off. Franklin Graham for president. :ebiggrin:
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Gabrielman »

Byblos wrote:I like a guy who pisses liberals off. Franklin Graham for president. :ebiggrin:
I have but one thing to say to that.... :amen: nuff said!
Once I was trapped in a perpetual night, without even a star to light the sky. Now I stand in the glory of the Son, and not even a faint shadow of darkness remains.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Cross.eyed wrote:Disinvited by whom?
Apparently, some Muslims in high govt. positions made a stink because of what Graham said about islam being an evil religion.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

CeT-To

Post by CeT-To »

personally i dont like islam either BUT im not saying i hate muslims at all since i do have muslim friends who i respect a LOT. So was this going to be a pray day for muslims only?
But joy and happiness in you to all who seek you! Let them ceaselessly cry,"Great is Yahweh" who love your saving power. Psalm 40:16

I Praise you Yahweh, my Lord, my God!!!!!
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

CeT-To wrote:personally i dont like islam either BUT im not saying i hate muslims at all since i do have muslim friends who i respect a LOT. So was this going to be a pray day for muslims only?
The national day of prayer is supposed to be a Christian day of prayer to pray for our country. Franklin Graham has seen the atrocities that Muslims commit in the name of Allah first hand. Graham has worked overseas with missionaries when Muslims slaughtered people in the name of Allah. Graham spoke out against the religion of Islam. He didn't say he hated Muslims. He said that Islam according to the Koran is an evil religion.

-Edward R Murrow

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

-Edward R Murrow

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

AOL News WASHINGTON (April 22) -- The Pentagon disinvited evangelist Franklin Graham from a prayer service next month after facing pressure from a group representing angry Muslim military personnel who complained about his attacks on Islam as an "evil" religion.

Graham, the son of famed minister Billy Graham, was scheduled to speak May 6 at a National Day of Prayer event organized by a Colorado group chaired by Shirley Dobson, wife of Focus on the Family founder James Dobson. But in a statement released Thursday, Graham said the Army had changed its mind.

"I regret that the Army felt it was necessary to rescind their invitation to the National Day of Prayer Task Force to participate in the Pentagon's special prayer service," Graham said. "I want to express my strong support for the United States military and all our troops. I will continue to pray that God will give them guidance, wisdom and protection as they serve this great country."

Chuck Burton, AP
Franklin Graham had been invited to speak at a National Prayer Day event on May 6, but Muslims protested because he called Islam "a very evil and wicked religion."Army Col. Tom Collins told AOL News that the Pentagon chaplain's office rescinded the invitation early Thursday. He said Secretary of the Army John McHugh and Army Chief of Staff George Casey decided "it would be inappropriate for him to participate in this inclusive event" in light of Graham's comments about Islam. He added, "This event is open to multiple faiths."

Collins said Dobson's group, the National Day of Prayer Task Force, has withdrawn its sponsorship of the event over the flap. Graham is the group's honorary chairman.

The chaplain's office will run the event. No new speaker has been lined up, Collins said.

"Everyone's heart was in the right place trying to set up this event," said Collins, who said organizers in the Pentagon were looking forward to hosting the "world-class Christian leader" until his comments made his appearance "problematic."

"This is as bright a day for the U.S. Constitution and freedoms in this country as it is a dark day for the Islamic extremists we're fighting because their propaganda tool has been taken away," Mikey Weinstein, president of the Military Religious Freedom Foundation, told AOL News in reaction to the Pentagon's decision.

Weinstein added that he hoped the Pentagon would not attempt "a bait and switch" in which another "Islamaphobe" would simply be substituted for Graham. He said lawyers for his group would seek a restraining order in federal court to cancel the event if that happens but otherwise would not object, even though he agrees with a decision last week by a federal judge in Wisconsin who ruled the U.S. law authorizing a National Day of Prayer is unconstitutional.

The Obama administration Thursday said the Justice Department would appeal the Wisconsin decision. President Harry Truman declared a National Day of Prayer 59 years ago, and it has been a staple in Washington ever since.

In a letter to Defense Secretary Robert Gates last month, Weinstein said his group had been contacted by Muslims at the Pentagon who were offended by Graham's planned appearance. He cited statements after the 9/11 attacks in which the minister called Islam "a very evil and wicked religion."

Graham later wrote an op-ed in The Wall Street Journal saying he did not believe Muslims were evil because of their faith, but "as a minister ... I believe it is my responsibility to speak out against the terrible deeds that are committed as a result of Islamic teaching."

But in 2009 Graham said on CNN, "True Islam cannot be practiced in this country. You can't beat your wife. You cannot murder your children if you think they've committed adultery or something like that, which they do practice in these other countries. ... I don't agree with the teachings of Islam, and I find it to be a very violent religion."

And on Thursday, Graham stuck to his remarks on Fox News that Muslims are "enslaved" by their religion.

Ibrahim Hooper of the Council on American-Islamic Relations applauded the Pentagon decision.

"Obviously, Pentagon officials made the right move in disinviting a person who spreads hatred against a particular faith, a faith that is practiced by tens of millions of people that military personnel are interacting with on a daily basis," he said.
Filed under: Nation
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

-Edward R Murrow

CeT-To

Post by CeT-To »

ahh okay mmmm yeah i never said graham hates muslims, i actually saw a 3 min vid interview of him about that and i have to say that i kinda do agree with him...hmmm what is your oppinion on the islamic religion RickD?
But joy and happiness in you to all who seek you! Let them ceaselessly cry,"Great is Yahweh" who love your saving power. Psalm 40:16

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

CeT-To wrote:ahh okay mmmm yeah i never said graham hates muslims, i actually saw a 3 min vid interview of him about that and i have to say that i kinda do agree with him...hmmm what is your oppinion on the islamic religion RickD?
I don't disagree with anything Graham said in that article. Muslims are enslaved in their religion. In some countries, renouncing the Muslim faith is punishible by death.

-Edward R Murrow

CeT-To

Post by CeT-To »

RickD wrote:
CeT-To wrote:ahh okay mmmm yeah i never said graham hates muslims, i actually saw a 3 min vid interview of him about that and i have to say that i kinda do agree with him...hmmm what is your oppinion on the islamic religion RickD?
I don't disagree with anything Graham said in that article. Muslims are enslaved in their religion. In some countries, renouncing the Muslim faith is punishible by death.
True that, actually i recall a passage from the bible (1 Corinthians 10:10) "the destroyer" and to me that title had ringed a bell in my ear...so i went to check up all the names for the islamic god "allah" and one of them IS! "The Destroyer" and also "morning star"( cough cough lucifer) in hebrew translated into arabic is "crescent moon", allah=crescent moon god ,i found that pretty interesting. Well what i believe in is that Islam is a religion inspired by satan himself through Muhammad, i mean ive read a couple of passages of the Quaran and well it left me quite shocked, since before that i had herd that the God we worship, that we call YHWH is the same god as the islamic god "allah", it was as if God had discarted everything he did and taught to the Jewish people and for the world and just started up some random deal with Muhammad. It didnt sound right at all me :econfused: because i know that God isnt an author of confusion. 8-}2 http://www.biblebelievers.org.au/moongod.htm

Any thoughts RickD or anyone?

Harry12345
Valued Member

Post by Harry12345 »

Byblos wrote:I like a guy who pisses liberals off. Franklin Graham for president. :ebiggrin:
I never realised Americans said "pissed off". y:O2
If you're born once, you die twice; but if you're born twice, you die once.