israel !

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
CeT-To
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

israel !

Post by CeT-To »

hello sorry but does anybody know where it says in the bible that in the last days the scatered jews will come back to their land again? THANK YOUUU :D
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Re: israel !

Post by B. W. »

CeT-To wrote:hello sorry but does anybody know where it says in the bible that in the last days the scatered jews will come back to their land again? THANK YOUUU :D
Here are just a few to get you started...

Amos 9:14, 15, "I will bring back the captives of My people Israel; They shall build the waste cities and inhabit them; They shall plant vineyards and drink wine from them; They shall also make gardens and eat fruit from them. 15 I will plant them in their land, And no longer shall they be pulled up From the land I have given them," Says the LORD your God." NKJV

Jeremiah 30:3, 18

Ezekiel 39:25, 26, 27, 28, 29

Ezekiel 34:11, 12, 13, 14

Deuteronomy 4:27, "And the LORD will scatter you among the peoples, and you will be left few in number among the nations where the LORD will drive you." NKJV

Jeremiah 23:2, 3, 4, 7, 8

Deuteronomy 30:3, 4,5, "...that the LORD your God will bring you back from captivity, and have compassion on you, and gather you again from all the nations where the LORD your God has scattered you. 4 If any of you are driven out to the farthest parts under heaven, from there the LORD your God will gather you, and from there He will bring you. 5 Then the LORD your God will bring you to the land which your fathers possessed, and you shall possess it. He will prosper you and multiply you more than your fathers." NKJV
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
TallMan
Established Member

Post by TallMan »

CeT-To wrote:hello sorry but does anybody know where it says in the bible that in the last days the scatered jews will come back to their land again? THANK YOUUU :D
There are prophecies concerning the Millenium that say this.

"At that time they shall call Jerusalem the throne of the Lord; and all the nations shall be gathered unto it, to the name of the Lord, to Jerusalem: neither shall they walk any more after the imagination of their evil heart. In those days the house of Judah shall walk with the house of Israel, and they shall come together out of the land of the north to the land that I have given for an inheritance unto your fathers." (Jer. 3:17-18)

But we are not there yet. In the meantime other things should be looked for.

The 10- tribes were scattered and re-gathered in another place
"I will appoint a place for my people Israel, and will plant them, that they may dwell in a place of their own, and move no more; neither shall the children of wickedness afflict them any more, as beforetime" (2 Sam. 7:10)

... from where they would become a great nation and a company of nations.
Summary here.

Another point is that not all who call themselves "Jews" are really of Judah, this is "the controversy of Zion".
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

TallMan wrote:... from where they would become a great nation and a company of nations.Summary here.
British Israelism is heresy, simply put.
TallMan wrote:Another point is that not all who call themselves "Jews" are really of Judah, this is "the controversy of Zion".
This statement comes as a result of your heretical beliefs, TallMan. Ditto your bit about «ten tribes».

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
CeT-To

Post by CeT-To »

yeah man i herd of this heretical belief ummm how did they ever come to this conclusion O_O??? oh and thank you B.W. :D !!
TallMan
Established Member

Post by TallMan »

CeT-To wrote:yeah man i herd of this heretical belief ummm how did they ever come to this conclusion O_O??? oh and thank you B.W. :D !!
The fact that you have judged it heresy without even knowing how the conclusion was come to says it all!

A wise person will not judge a matter before they have heard it.

Sadly, there are many lazy people around who just scan the arguments based on ignorance and mis-information.
You will find pages on British Israelism refuted and British Israelism refuted refulted.

Best thing is to clear the table of vomit (Isaiah 28:8-10) - other people's half-chewed but not digested ideas - and start afresh by getting to know the MANY prophecies, promises and parables relating to the tribes of Israel in these last days. They are detailed and specific!
They deal with "times", symbols and places.

Most people havn't got the stomach to get to the bottom of these things so they just join whoever shouts loudest.
Result: many scriptures remain silent to them.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

TallMan wrote:
CeT-To wrote:yeah man i herd of this heretical belief ummm how did they ever come to this conclusion O_O??? oh and thank you B.W. :D !!
The fact that you have judged it heresy without even knowing how the conclusion was come to says it all!

A wise person will not judge a matter before they have heard it.

Sadly, there are many lazy people around who just scan the arguments based on ignorance and mis-information.
You will find pages on British Israelism refuted and British Israelism refuted refulted.

Best thing is to clear the table of vomit (Isaiah 28:8-10) - other people's half-chewed but not digested ideas - and start afresh by getting to know the MANY prophecies, promises and parables relating to the tribes of Israel in these last days. They are detailed and specific!
They deal with "times", symbols and places.

Most people havn't got the stomach to get to the bottom of these things so they just join whoever shouts loudest.
Result: many scriptures remain silent to them.

A simple link British Israelism
-
-
-
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
DannyM
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by DannyM »

Fürstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
TallMan wrote:... from where they would become a great nation and a company of nations.Summary here.
British Israelism is heresy, simply put.
TallMan wrote:Another point is that not all who call themselves "Jews" are really of Judah, this is "the controversy of Zion".
This statement comes as a result of your heretical beliefs, TallMan. Ditto your bit about «ten tribes».

FL
Can you explain how you know British Israelism to be a heresy? I'm not saying you're wrong; I have just seen you label a brother a heretic, so would like to know how/why you came to that conclusion...?
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

DannyM wrote:Can you explain how you know British Israelism to be a heresy? I'm not saying you're wrong; I have just seen you label a brother a heretic, so would like to know how/why you came to that conclusion...?
B.W. provided a wikipedia link. The first part of the article seems OK to me. There are also various links you may want to look into at the bottom of the wiki piece. Also, go to http://www.wikinoah.org and type in Ten Lost Tribes and Anglo-Israelism for information from an Orthodox Jewish perspective.

Last of all, do as the Bereans did: check your Bible.

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

DannyM wrote:Can you explain how you know British Israelism to be a heresy? I'm not saying you're wrong; I have just seen you label a brother a heretic, so would like to know how/why you came to that conclusion...?
B.W. provided a wikipedia link. The first part of the article seems OK to me. There are also various links you may want to look into at the bottom of the wiki piece. Also, go to http://www.wikinoah.org and type in Ten Lost Tribes and Anglo-Israelism for information from an Orthodox Jewish perspective.

FL
The gentic's testing - DNA - is most telling...as well
-
-
-
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
DannyM
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by DannyM »

FL
I'm not arguing the point. I'm wondering how sure of your position you are to call a brother a heretic. Why not just put the argument across to him and allow this "heretic" to see the evidence, to see the error of his ways and drop his belief? I'm sure his beliefs are genuine and he doesn't think himself a heretic. I don't want to argue; I just found it a little unedifying.
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
CeT-To

Post by CeT-To »

hey tallman you are absolutely correct please forgive my ignorance :(. i got too carried away but thats still no excuse, i hope you can forgive a brother because i will be more carefull from now on and not judge till ive herd the whole story :(:(

SORRY! >_< God bless you
But joy and happiness in you to all who seek you! Let them ceaselessly cry,"Great is Yahweh" who love your saving power. Psalm 40:16

I Praise you Yahweh, my Lord, my God!!!!!
TallMan
Established Member

Post by TallMan »

B. W. wrote:...
The gentic's testing - DNA - is most telling...as well
Please note that Wikipedia is not the word of God, it is of man and shows the assumptions and pre-conceptions of the author(s).

It assumes that people today called Jews are true Israelites.
If you know what Jesus / the bible, history and many Jews say, you will know not to make this assumption.
Last edited by TallMan on Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
TallMan
Established Member

Post by TallMan »

CeT-To wrote:hey tallman you are absolutely correct please forgive my ignorance :(. i got too carried away but thats still no excuse, i hope you can forgive a brother because i will be more carefull from now on and not judge till ive herd the whole story :(:(

SORRY! >_< God bless you
Of course CeT-To, I've been quick to put 2 & 2 together & make 5 in the past.

As the bible says: "be swift to listen (to God) slow to speak".
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

DannyM wrote: I'm wondering how sure of your position you are to call a brother a heretic.
Absolutely & completely certain.
DannyM wrote: Why not just put the argument across to him and allow this "heretic" to see the evidence, to see the error of his ways and drop his belief?
I will not discuss the matter because:

1. I'm not interested in giving British Israelism any publicity.
2. Heretics (you might want to check the definition of «heresy» BTW) are that way through pride.
3. There are excellent resources explaining this heresy which any interested person can look into, namely,

-The History of the Ten Lost Tribes; Anglo Israelism Explained by David Baron, available today at Amazon (I checked for you!)
-Jacob's Dozen, A Prophetic Look at the Tribes of Israel by William Varner, available at http://www.foi.org

...among others.

Most importantly: read your Bible, understand your Bible. False beliefs and cults may come as a result of «understanding» the Bible through the eyes of a guru.

FL

+ + +

+ + +