Walking with Dinosaurs

Discussions on creation beliefs within Christianity, and topics related to creation.
McMurdo
Acquainted Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Walking with Dinosaurs

Post by McMurdo »

Canuckster1127 wrote:The greek word "drakon" means snake. The Latin word Draco transliterates from the greek. Many of the quotes you provide here are simply speaking of serpents and not "dragons' in the sense you're hoping equates with dinosaurs.

I've asked several times already, but it appears to be being passed over. Is there any physical evidence you can offer of men and dinosaurs coexisting?
No, and I wouldn't expect there to be. Would you want to live next door to one of those things?

:eugeek:
McM
Canuckster1127
Old School
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Canuckster1127 »

McMurdo wrote:
Canuckster1127 wrote:The greek word "drakon" means snake. The Latin word Draco transliterates from the greek. Many of the quotes you provide here are simply speaking of serpents and not "dragons' in the sense you're hoping equates with dinosaurs.

I've asked several times already, but it appears to be being passed over. Is there any physical evidence you can offer of men and dinosaurs coexisting?
No, and I wouldn't expect there to be. Would you want to live next door to one of those things?

McM
Certainly not next door, but shouldn't there be evidence of dinosaurs and men in the same geologic layers? Is it your position that we just haven't found it yet or is there a reason why that wouldn't be found?
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
touchingcloth
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by touchingcloth »

McMurdo wrote:

McM
I wouldn't particularly want to live nextdoor to a sabretoothed tiger, yet there are human and Smilodon remains found in the same strata. Dinosaurs, by contrast, disappear from the fossil record long before humans (or any hominids for that matter) make their first appearance.
dayage
Valued Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by dayage »

I'll just repeat what I said earlier and point to a nice set of photos on the first page by touchingcloth.

Job traded goods in locations such as Ethiopia (Job 28:14-19). This means that he was probably familiar with the animals along the Nile.

Leviathan,
William Bartram described alligators much the same way in 1791. He even said that smoke came from the nostrils. He mentioned that the smoke was water vapor. The other descriptions of where it lived and what it looked like fit the crocodile perfectly. The heart as hard as stone and the fire are symbolic of its fierceness. That literal heart would mean it was fossilized. Fire may also refer to the color of the inside of the mouth. His rows of shields are scales. The doors of his face are his jaws. A crocodiles eyes reflect light and open in a rising motion, like the sun.

Behemoth,
Sounds like an elephant. The tail moves like a cedar, it is not the size of a cedar. Cedars are stiff and move in a swaying fashion. If Job was even thinking about size, the African elephant has a tail about as long as its trunk.
McMurdo
Acquainted Member

Post by McMurdo »

touchingcloth wrote: I wouldn't particularly want to live nextdoor to a sabretoothed tiger, yet there are human and Smilodon remains found in the same strata. Dinosaurs, by contrast, disappear from the fossil record long before humans (or any hominids for that matter) make their first appearance.
Getting close to my limits here (I'm no geologist). But according to my daughters (YEC perspective) book on animals, the Tuatara fossil has been found among the dinosaurs and... guess what... they're alive and well and living in New Zealand.

Same goes for crocodiles I think....

McM
:eugeek: :eugeek:
touchingcloth

Post by touchingcloth »

McMurdo wrote:
touchingcloth wrote: I wouldn't particularly want to live nextdoor to a sabretoothed tiger, yet there are human and Smilodon remains found in the same strata. Dinosaurs, by contrast, disappear from the fossil record long before humans (or any hominids for that matter) make their first appearance.
Getting close to my limits here (I'm no geologist). But according to my daughters (YEC perspective) book on animals, the Tuatara fossil has been found among the dinosaurs and... guess what... they're alive and well and living in New Zealand.

Same goes for crocodiles I think....

McM
:eugeek: :eugeek:
Yes - they're both reptiles though, not dinosaurs.
McMurdo
Acquainted Member

Post by McMurdo »

My simple point is that they are found in the same rock strata as dinosaurs and still exist, so your logic that dinosaurs didn't co-exist with us because of their location as fossils is not a sound one.
touchingcloth

Post by touchingcloth »

McMurdo wrote:My simple point is that they are found in the same rock strata as dinosaurs and still exist, so your logic that dinosaurs didn't co-exist with us because of their location as fossils is not a sound one.
But unlike crocodiles, dinosaurs don't still exist, and they disappear from the fossil record a very long time before humans appear in it.
Manfer84
Recognized Member

Post by Manfer84 »

I find this thread quite interesting so let me ask: would the Flintstones be considered as possible?
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Manfer84 wrote:I find this thread quite interesting so let me ask: would the Flintstones be considered as possible?
Manfer84, Not only are the Flintstones possible, they're the modern stoneage family.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony