Please Introduce Yourself Here

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
cslewislover
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Please Introduce Yourself Here

Post by cslewislover »

That sounds great, glad to have you here!
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
Canuckster1127
Old School
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Canuckster1127 »

Hi Unbeliever and welcome.

It's been many years, but I read through the Thomas Covenant books. I don't remember a lot about it, but I do recall that it is a classic anti-hero type book and I recall enjoying the reads.

You're certainly welcome to be a part of what we do here. Please take a moment before you get involved and read our board purpose and our discussion guidelines and that will help you understand what we're about. We're not a place just for debate.

If you have any questions just ask any of the moderators and we'll be glad to help.

Again, welcome.

bart
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
towiel
Newbie Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by towiel »

Well ... I almost committed suicide near the end of high school but instead opted to search and see if there is meaning to life. I searched through science and philosophy for about 10 years before I seriously looked into the Scriptures. Now I am a believer in Messiah as Savior and a young earth creationist. However, I cannot call myself a Christian or Messianic Jew because I prefer to follow only Scripture and not the added traditions of the Papacy or the Rabbis. Peace to all who read this. Towiel
cslewislover
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by cslewislover »

towiel wrote:Well ... I almost committed suicide near the end of high school but instead opted to search and see if there is meaning to life. I searched through science and philosophy for about 10 years before I seriously looked into the Scriptures. Now I am a believer in Messiah as Savior and a young earth creationist. However, I cannot call myself a Christian or Messianic Jew because I prefer to follow only Scripture and not the added traditions of the Papacy or the Rabbis. Peace to all who read this. Towiel
Welcome! But just to let you know, most of the Christians here aren't under the Papacy.
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
GodGamesGirls
Acquainted Member

Post by GodGamesGirls »

Hey guys a newb to this forum I am.
Well, let's see I'm 15, at this point my life is about the 3 G's: God, Games, and Girls. I love my parents and my life and consider myself Roman Catholic. Recently however, I have been losing faith due to many Atheists in the media spotlight. I hear about this sight, which presents both sides, and hope to learn more about God and be strengthened in my faith.

God Bless
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

GodGamesGirls wrote:Hey guys a newb to this forum I am.
Well, let's see I'm 15, at this point my life is about the 3 G's: God, Games, and Girls. I love my parents and my life and consider myself Roman Catholic. Recently however, I have been losing faith due to many Atheists in the media spotlight. I hear about this sight, which presents both sides, and hope to learn more about God and be strengthened in my faith.

God Bless

Welcome aboard!
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

B. W. wrote:Welcome aboard
I second that, GGG.

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
GodGamesGirls
Acquainted Member

Post by GodGamesGirls »

Thanks, and I just realied I spelled site as "sight".
Whoops
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

I sited that. Do you realide that you spelt realied realeid? Donut wary cause nun of us is perfict hear. Weil, maibe the girlz only. Girlz donut waste thyme hun useless posts.

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Gman
Old School
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Gman »

God Bless
Welcome. I believe this site will help in that greatly...
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Gabrielman »

God Bless
Welcome to the forums man!!!
Once I was trapped in a perpetual night, without even a star to light the sky. Now I stand in the glory of the Son, and not even a faint shadow of darkness remains.
zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

Welcome aboard 3G :ebiggrin:
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
Dazed and Confused
Established Member

Post by Dazed and Confused »

Hi everybody,

This is really more of a re-introduction. It's been awhile since I have posted here (I noticed that cslewislover is now a Board Admin, way to go!). Anyhow I have spent the majority of my time posting on atheist forums and have come to the conclusion that it is a futile effort. And I really can't tolerate the abusive nature and the crude comments any further. So it's time for a change, at least as far as venues is concerned. Let me be selfish this once if I may and ask for pray. I realize now more then ever when Jesus said "Satan roams around like a roaring lion seeking whom he can destroy", that He really meant it.

See you around the forum (again),
Trembling in His presence,
Dazed and Confused. :?

Pray request:
For a sound mind.
To be faithful according to His word.
To trust Him no matter what circumstances may arise.
Thanks!
For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

welcome back! will pray
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Dazed and Confused wrote:Hi everybody,

This is really more of a re-introduction. It's been awhile since I have posted here (I noticed that cslewislover is now a Board Admin, way to go!). Anyhow I have spent the majority of my time posting on atheist forums and have come to the conclusion that it is a futile effort. And I really can't tolerate the abusive nature and the crude comments any further. So it's time for a change, at least as far as venues is concerned. Let me be selfish this once if I may and ask for pray. I realize now more then ever when Jesus said "Satan roams around like a roaring lion seeking whom he can destroy", that He really meant it.

See you around the forum (again),
Trembling in His presence,
Dazed and Confused. :?

Pray request:
For a sound mind.
To be faithful according to His word.
To trust Him no matter what circumstances may arise.
Thanks!
Welcome back DC.. We get the atheists here too. But we pretty much have the upper hand here..

Stick around. And go Israel!!
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8