blizzard on east coast

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
zoegirl
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Day-Age

blizzard on east coast

Post by zoegirl »

Just telling what fun things have been happening here. We have had 21 inches of snow here in MD that started early saturday morning and finished early sunday morning.

Been an adventure this past weekend!!
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
ageofknowledge
Esteemed Senior Member
Sex: Male

Re: blizzard on east coast

Post by ageofknowledge »

I heard about it on the news. A big company was saying they actually lost U.S. sales because of that blizzard!
rodyshusband
Established Member

Post by rodyshusband »

Just for the record, I live in western New York state and no blizzard here. Cloudy and cold but no snow. :clap:
“Christianity provides a unified answer for the whole of life.” -- Francis Schaeffer
MisterOZ
Newbie Member

Post by MisterOZ »

We got 22" where I am and all I could do is ask why the great global warming climate god, Al Gore, has forsaken us.
Canuckster1127
Old School
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Canuckster1127 »

18 inches for us. Usually we get more west of DC, but this was an odd storm that dumpred more east of DC this time. 18 inches in one day is enough however ....
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

My sister who also lives in DC says it was one of the worst storms she's seen there yet.
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
ageofknowledge
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by ageofknowledge »

I wish we had a storm out here right now. It would have prevented the Sherrif from waking me up an hour ago at midnight and showing me the damage vandals just did to my truck smashing out two windows for the fun of it. They hit numerous cars in the area and got away clean. Since mine was on the street they targeted it. It's $400.00 I don't have to replace vandal windows and I just have liability insurance. Merry Christmas.
zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

oh man, tht stinks...sorry age.

I've had that happen twice, once on a weekend trip where I left my car at the church parking lot...go figure....they nailed every one of them!!!

Then my car was broken into 3 years ago....they only got one window but they also stole some stuff. Insurance paid for most of the window but I did have a 50 deductible.

Maybe you could work out a deal with the window place....many businesses are sometimes open to working something out. You never know. What's the worst they can say?
ageofknowledge
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by ageofknowledge »

zoegirl wrote:oh man, tht stinks...sorry age.

I've had that happen twice, once on a weekend trip where I left my car at the church parking lot...go figure....they nailed every one of them!!!

Then my car was broken into 3 years ago....they only got one window but they also stole some stuff. Insurance paid for most of the window but I did have a 50 deductible.

Maybe you could work out a deal with the window place....many businesses are sometimes open to working something out. You never know. What's the worst they can say?
Well it worked. I was able to work out a fantastic deal with Alfredo's Auto Glass and got them replaced at 1/2 price. I gave them my sad sob story how I was a 1/2 crippled laid off unemployed middle aged sick loser with no future whose unhappy he has to wait around getting sicker until he dies and goes to heaven. Worked like a charm and was pretty much accurate.

I had to vacuum for 3 hours to get most of the glass up before they showed up. I filed a police report with Santa Ana police department. They were nice. I told them I would be happy to get in the witness chair and talk about how this impacted an unemployed veteran with a disability. SoCal is crawling with vandals and criminals. My truck's been targeted 3 times in 2 years in this neighborhood and another guy that lives here had his window smashed and broken into as well a couple of years ago here. They got the lady down the street last night too.

I'll post the pictures. You won't believe it. Glass EVERYWHERE!
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Our turn again in Colorado...

with more on the way!!!

Looks like it is heading eastward toward you all Zoe :wave:
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
ageofknowledge
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by ageofknowledge »

Colorado's 2008 crime statistics for vehicle thefts were just 13,519 from a population size of 4,939,456.

California had 242,692 vehicle thefts from a population size of 36,756,666. Note that California crime has dropped about 40% over the past few years due to three strikes.

If we round populations we see California's population is roughly six times that of Colorado's (Colorado=5,000,000; California 35,000,000). So multiply Colorado's vehicle thefts by five times we get 81,114. It appears Colorado is a pretty good place to own a car. But then you have to account for snow, winter road conditions, and freezing temperatures all of which take a real toll on a motor vehicle.

So I don't really know which is the best place for owning a motor vehicle. Colorado winters are hard on cars. Californians are hard on other people's cars ripping them off, smashing out windows, breaking in, etc... and it happens here like clockwork.

Nationwide 1 out of every 31 American adults, or 7.3 million Americans, are in prison, on parole or probation. Approximately one in every 18 men in the United States is behind bars or being monitored. A significantly greater percentage of the American population is in some form of correctional control. Lousiana, Mississippi, Texas, and California have more than their fair share.

What happens if they start letting them loose? Crime, including, vehicle theft, would soar again back to 80's levels. Then Colorado would DEFINITELY be a better place to own a vehicle. In fact, Colorado is already a better place to live!
zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

B. W. wrote:Our turn again in Colorado...

with more on the way!!!

Looks like it is heading eastward toward you all Zoe :wave:
-
-
-
Yeah, I heard you guys were getting hammered, we'll be getting the system but it will be warm and only rain, with maybea little bitof sleet.