Please Introduce Yourself Here

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Gman
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Please Introduce Yourself Here

Post by Gman »

phoebe43 wrote:Hi. I am a newbie and should have created a user name like "wanttobelieve" because I'm agnostic. I'm a college professor and obviously, have been trained to think logically and linearly. I find I have a great problem understanding the role of suffering in the world. I nearly cry when I hear about cruelty towards innocents in the news (for example, the boy being set on fire by the 5 boys in FL)...I am hoping to engage in meaningful and logical conversation about this issue and others. Some I'm sure have been discussed like, "How can a perfect god create an imperfect world?" I live in the Bible Belt (in the "city of churches" actually) and meet a lot of nice people who are Christian and I don't want to ever offend Christians or anyone else. I always find though that a lot of what I hear just doesn't make sense if you apply logic to it. I am excited about exploring scientific perspectives on God. Thank you for reading my ramblings...Phoebe43
Welcome... A great start for you is here...

http://www.godandscience.org/ppt/Natural_Evil.html
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
ageofknowledge
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by ageofknowledge »

Welcome! :wave:
ae_traveler
Newbie Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Hello Everyone

Post by ae_traveler »

Hello All,
I am a Christian Man that has struggled a bit throughout my life
because of my interest in Science. I have been down so many different paths
trying to justify my absurd notions that I could be a Christian and still look out at
the wonderful vision that scientists have given me and stand in awe of God's truly incredible works.
I truly fell like I am Standing on the Shoulders of Giants. ((((borrowing one of my favorite phrases))))

There seems to be such a wealth of information here that comes out of the desire to know truth,
not out of the desire to be "right". I get so tired of the self-righteous rhetoric that is spewed
in the name of Jesus, I long not to be associated with that Vocal Minority. But I also long to understand
better the Word and it's relevance in my Life. The "Here" the "Now"

I look forward to more discovery!!
zoegirl
Old School
Sex: Female

Post by zoegirl »

Welcome aboard, I would recommend looking at many of the articles on the main site
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
ezer
Newbie Member

Post by ezer »

Hello All~My name is ezer.I'm a OTR driver living in Fargo,ND.I moved here a year ago from Gravette,AR.where I attended Shepherd's Chapel since 2000 when I went from militant atheist to true believer.I miss my church in AR.very much and will probably return there in the near future. :wave:Politics and religion or favorite subjects to me I think this might be a good forum for me.
zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

Welcome aboard!
cslewislover
Ultimate Member

Post by cslewislover »

Wow, that's great Ezer, and welcome. Maybe you could put your story in the Testimonies thread?? That would be interesting!!
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Gabrielman »

Welcome to the board! And that is a great story! I hope you have a great time here with us!!!!! :wave:
Once I was trapped in a perpetual night, without even a star to light the sky. Now I stand in the glory of the Son, and not even a faint shadow of darkness remains.
ezer
Newbie Member

Post by ezer »

cslewislover wrote:Wow, that's great Ezer, and welcome. Maybe you could put your story in the Testimonies thread?? That would be interesting!!
Thanks "cslewislover" I would love to give my tesimony and will when I find the thread you are refering to...lol :ebiggrin:
twocoats
Newbie Member

Post by twocoats »

:wave: Whats to understand! the world is perfect! if by science, evolution, creation, More is less, and less is more. I love it all.
GwenlovesGod
Newbie Member

Post by GwenlovesGod »

Hi All, brand new here! A bit about me: I'm was raised a cultural Christian, but accepted Jesus as my Lord and Savior about ten years ago after investigating the Truth of God's Word. I love to watch Christian debates and read apologetic material--though I must say, the detailed conversations regarding science here intrigue me, but make me feel like a mental midget! :ewink: I'm a musician and writer, so I tend to see "big picture" issues with clarity but struggle mightily with details sometimes-- math breaks my brain to pieces. Nonetheless, I have learned so much from this site and think you all do a fabulous job, and I'm so excited to come aboard! Most of all--Merry Christmas! :D
cslewislover
Ultimate Member

Post by cslewislover »

Hi Gwen, Welcome and a Merry Christmas to you too! You've probably seen the main site, but just thought I'd mention it in case you haven't - it has articles on a lot of the things discussed on the forums. I hope you find some info you can use here.
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
Petra
Newbie Member

Post by Petra »

:wave: Hello Newbie to the board, and I am looking forward to educating myself.
cslewislover
Ultimate Member

Post by cslewislover »

Welcome newbie Petra. I guess you're reading a lot, huh? I've seen you logged in. Hope you are blessed here.
zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

Welcome aboard!!!