Quantum Physics. Is it real science?

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
Swimmy
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Quantum Physics. Is it real science?

Post by Swimmy »

Or is it just a excuse to try and get around God? That it allows for "something from nothing." Yet when I try to speak to them on how such a event could occur without cause its full circle back to Quantum physics. That it needs no cause. Better yet scientist don't fully understand the working of Quantum physics. So how can they ever use it to back any scientific claims as of now?
touchingcloth
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Re: Quantum Physics. Is it real science?

Post by touchingcloth »

Yes, it is.
ageofknowledge
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by ageofknowledge »

"Abstract: Is the science of Quantum Mechanics the greatest threat to Christianity? Some years ago the journal Christianity Today suggested precisely that. It is true that QM [quantum mechanics] is a daunting subject. This barrier is largely responsible for the fear. But when the veil is torn away, the study of QM builds a remarkably robust Christian apologetic. When pragmatic & logically invalid interpretations are removed, there remain four possibilities for the nature of reality (based on the work of philosopher Henry Stapp). Additional analysis shows two are exclusive to theism. The third can be formulated with or without God. The last is consistent only with atheism. By considering additional criteria, options that deny God can be shown to be false."

http://www.reasons.org/physics/constant ... -mechanics
ManOfScience
Recognized Member

Post by ManOfScience »

touchingcloth wrote:Yes, it is.
This is undeniable. Sure, we don't have all the answers; we're still trying to figure out "quantum gravity", for example. Just because we don't know the full story, doesn't mean we can't make use of the knowledge we've already gained.

P.S. I've been away for a while. Had a baby, and moved house. :D
touchingcloth

Post by touchingcloth »

Awesome news about the baby, MoS. Hope s/he is doing well and the new house is all good.
Proinsias
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Proinsias »

Congratulations on the baby!!!!!

and the house