a spirit of fear about 2012

Discussions on Christian eschatology including different views pertaining to Jesus' second coming, rapture and tribulation, the millennium, and so forth.
treeschanna510
Recognized Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

a spirit of fear about 2012

Post by treeschanna510 »

idk what to believe honestly i keep reading all these different things about doomsday 2012 im really scared i dont wanna die yet and whats this about russias missles being pointed towards iran and more importantly if theres a 31/2 year peace period does this mean it started now if so then 2012 maybe can someone clear up the confusion for me? im so scared and frazzeled idk what to do
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member
Sex: Male

Re: a spirit of fear about 2012

Post by Gabrielman »

Hey try this. http://www.godandscience.org/doctrine/2 ... eview.html That's about all I got, I ain't real good with kind of stuff, sorry. God bless!
Once I was trapped in a perpetual night, without even a star to light the sky. Now I stand in the glory of the Son, and not even a faint shadow of darkness remains.
jlay
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by jlay »

Timothy 1:7: "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear (cowardice); but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."

Luke 21:26, "Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.''

Matt. 24:4, 11 "And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you."
"And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many."

Matt. 6:34 "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."
-“The Bible treated allegorically becomes putty in the hands of the exegete.” John Walvoord

"I'm not saying scientists don't overstate their results. They do. And it's understandable, too...If you spend years working toward a certain goal and make no progress, of course you are going to spin your results in a positive light." Ivellious
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Gabrielman »

:ebiggrin: I like your answer better than mine! Just thought I would say, great job! :clap:
Once I was trapped in a perpetual night, without even a star to light the sky. Now I stand in the glory of the Son, and not even a faint shadow of darkness remains.
treeschanna510
Recognized Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by treeschanna510 »

omg!!! D= its rlly december 24 2011?! *cries her eyes out*
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Gabrielman »

Try not to put an emphazis on the end times. Instead put God first, let him in your heart, let him lead the way, let him heal you. It is a long and tough path to say the least, but with him at the lead you will be fine. I pray you find that peace, God bless! :ebiggrin:
Ngakunui
Established Member

Post by Ngakunui »

There was a similar type of panic over 2000. Remember?

http://www.godandscience.org/general/y2k.html

I'm not saying nothing bad will happen: I'm saying the same type of mass-hysteria was rampant at the same time and robots still haven't taken over. I remember once when I went to a postal office with my mother, one of the postal workers said "Hey kid, you know the world is gonna end at the year 2000, right?" and I replied "No it isn't.", and he naively replied "Everybody says it is, so that means it's true.".

The Bible gives clues to the "season", but not the day or the hour. The Mayans(who came up with the 2012 date) specifically said it would take place on December 12, 2012, if translated to Western calendars. They also said the hour if I'm not mistaken, but I wasn't interested enough to remember it. Still, Pagans came up with a lot of pseudosciences (Astrology the most notorious of them). I am quite convinced that what the Mayans said about everything radically changing on the date they gave, if anything, will be more of a "self fulfilling prophecy"(I.E. people believe it's real and react to it accidentally causing similar enough affects to be mistaken as a "prophecy") than an actual, real one if it has any substance.

Still, you shouldn't let gossip get you down. If anything bad happens at the time, it'll probably be a result of people's panic.
ageofknowledge
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by ageofknowledge »

I don't think there's anything to worry about.