Christian Universalism

Discussions surrounding the various other faiths who deviate from mainstream Christian doctrine such as LDS and the Jehovah's Witnesses.
B. W.
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes

Re: Christian Universalism

Post by B. W. »

Universalist:

Matthew 12:31, "Therefore I tell you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven people, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven...." ESV

Note that there is a sin that will not be forgiven because of this universalism is not true... sorry...

Hebrews 10:29 -- Matthew 5:22 -- Luke 12:5 -- Proverbs 14:32 -- Isaiah 3:11 -- Jeremiah 32:19

Romans 2:6 -- Job 34:31, 32, 33 -- Isaiah 26:10 -- Proverbs 26:11 -- 2 Peter 2:22
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Belfast Citizen
Newbie Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Belfast Citizen »

Universalism 8-}2 If all are saved, why the need for Jesus to go to the cross? Nahhh .... another diversion from satan if you ask me.
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

Universalism and Calvinism both have some core of predestination in it. Not to bash the research and belief of any, I saw that some people had a lot of constructive convo's back in this thread. I simply can not see why and how everyone can or will be saved? I know atheists who will rather die than accept God. please read some straight forward verses like John chp 15.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
Canuckster1127
Old School
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Canuckster1127 »

neo-x wrote:Universalism and Calvinism both have some core of predestination in it. Not to bash the research and belief of any, I saw that some people had a lot of constructive convo's back in this thread. I simply can not see why and how everyone can or will be saved? I know atheists who will rather die than accept God. please read some straight forward verses like John chp 15.
Universal Reconciliation has the same structure as Calvinism. UR is just one subcategory of Universalism however. What often happens in these conversations is confusion and category errors with people using the same terms but with different definitions.
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

I think that universalissim means that all will have the chance to be saved, Christ died for us all, for us all to have the chance to be saved.
God's grace is given freely to Us all, what we do with it is up to us, right?
If man has free will then he must be free to reject God's grace and reject Gods offer of salvation.
Does God predestin some for great works?
Yes, the apostles are a prime example of that.
Does God predestine some for eternal destruction right of the get go?
If he does why did Christ have to die for US? why is preaching even necessary at all?
We are all God's children, in potential at least.
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

Universal Reconciliation has the same structure as Calvinism. UR is just one subcategory of Universalism however. What often happens in these conversations is confusion and category errors with people using the same terms but with different definitions.
Agreed :ewink:
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com