Apology-

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
Imperial
Established Member
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Apology-

Post by Imperial »

This is a thread apologizing for my first thread ever on the forums. I wrote it because i was mad after reading several articles on the site that seemed so ridiculous to me at the time, before i got a better concept of what being a christian is about. I've read more on the answers for athiests section, and it really did answer many of my questions about the credibility of the religion (especially the part on what made god).

Though i do still have contridicting believes to many people on the site. I am still pro-choice, and i still think there are problems with how god made everything. But i realize that it IS wrong to basically "attack" a certain group of people just because they have different beleifs. It's all just confusing at first...

i am sorry. y#-o
ageofknowledge
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Apology-

Post by ageofknowledge »

Apology accepted. Welcome to the forum. :wave:
zoegirl
Old School
Sex: Female

Post by zoegirl »

thanks imperial

I appreciate your change of attitude. I

Welcome aboard
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
ageofknowledge
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by ageofknowledge »

I like this side of zoegirl. The friendly side y@};-
cslewislover
Ultimate Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by cslewislover »

ageofknowledge wrote:I like this side of zoegirl. The friendly side y@};-
:lol: (I don't know, I thought you liked the feisty side.)

Thanks Imperial.
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Imperial wrote:Though i do still have contridicting believes to many people on the site. I am still pro-choice, and i still think there are problems with how god made everything. But i realize that it IS wrong to basically "attack" a certain group of people just because they have different beleifs. It's all just confusing at first...

i am sorry. y#-o
Hi Imperial,

Welcome.. I can assure you of one thing. If I ever found the God of the Bible to be prejudiced, promoted hatred, racism, etc., I would have dropped it all in a heart beat. I'm also very liberal in my views and see things differently than most. I can assure you that one can still remain liberal in one's viewpoints and still remain a Christian. In my opinion, the Bible has many liberal views..
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Gabrielman »

Apology accepted. Welcome aboard! :D
Once I was trapped in a perpetual night, without even a star to light the sky. Now I stand in the glory of the Son, and not even a faint shadow of darkness remains.
ageofknowledge
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by ageofknowledge »

cslewislover wrote:
ageofknowledge wrote:I like this side of zoegirl. The friendly side y@};-
:lol: (I don't know, I thought you liked the feisty side.)

Thanks Imperial.
I'm keeping her on her toes :mrgreen:
touchingcloth
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by touchingcloth »

Hi Imperial!
Good to see your apology. I'm an atheist and I've found (so far) that this is a very pleasant board where people are having proper discussions, rather than the sniping and rabid arguments that you get on a lot of discussion boards where religion is discussed.
I try to remain civil in online chats, and I love chatting to people with different views for me. I might put my opinions across in a forceful manner at times, but I do do my best to avoid any personal attacks.

I like this board, think I'll be sticking around :)
rodyshusband
Established Member

Post by rodyshusband »

touchingcloth wrote:Hi Imperial!
Good to see your apology. I'm an atheist and I've found (so far) that this is a very pleasant board where people are having proper discussions, rather than the sniping and rabid arguments that you get on a lot of discussion boards where religion is discussed.
I try to remain civil in online chats, and I love chatting to people with different views for me. I might put my opinions across in a forceful manner at times, but I do do my best to avoid any personal attacks.

I like this board, think I'll be sticking around :)
Glad you are here,touchingcloth.
I am a Christian and enjoy listening to civil debates. Let me know and I'd be glad to pass a few links on to you...
Here is an excellent panel discussion, if you're interested...

http://www.rfmedia.org/RF_audio_video/O ... xpo-Panel/
“Christianity provides a unified answer for the whole of life.” -- Francis Schaeffer
touchingcloth
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by touchingcloth »

Thanks RH - I've got the video buffering now...my internet connection is very very very slow!
rodyshusband
Established Member

Post by rodyshusband »

touchingcloth wrote:Thanks RH - I've got the video buffering now...my internet connection is very very very slow!
I suppose I should have warned you that the panel discussion is two hours long, including the Q&A, but it is well worth it.
I find Christopher Hitchens fascinating and respect his willingness to be "taken on" by four evangelicals.
I would be interested in your thoughts afterward. Thanks.
“Christianity provides a unified answer for the whole of life.” -- Francis Schaeffer