Dinosaur Meat anyone? Aged to Perfection :wink:

Discussions on creation beliefs within Christianity, and topics related to creation.
bizzt
Prestigious Senior Member
Christian: No

Dinosaur Meat anyone? Aged to Perfection :wink:

Post by bizzt »

So they found a Dinosaur with Flesh still on it's Bones! http://msnbc.msn.com/id/7285683/

Kmart you should love this one :wink:
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Post by AttentionKMartShoppers »

I indeed do.
"My actions prove that God takes care of idiots."

He occasionally stumbled over the truth, but hastily picked himself up and hurried on as if nothing had happened.
- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

An atheist can't find God for the same reason a criminal can't find a police officer.

You need to start asking out girls so that you can get used to the rejections.
-Anonymous
Felgar
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Felgar »

Yeah I had read that earlier too - pretty amazing. It actually seems quite feasible that complete DNA sequences could be extracted. And from there, with better cloning techniques, could we kickstart the rebirth of an actual dinosaur?

I guess there are two issues... First, would another living embryo cell work (like from a frog) to replace the DNA with? And second, creating an artificial dinosaur womb could be problematic too. Still, Jurassic park suddenly doesn't seem all that impossible.
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Post by AttentionKMartShoppers »

70 million DNA would have decayed by now....not that I'm saying it's 70 million years old...I'm guessing it's somewhere around.... :wink:
"My actions prove that God takes care of idiots."

He occasionally stumbled over the truth, but hastily picked himself up and hurried on as if nothing had happened.
- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

An atheist can't find God for the same reason a criminal can't find a police officer.

You need to start asking out girls so that you can get used to the rejections.
-Anonymous
bizzt

Post by bizzt »

Felgar wrote:Yeah I had read that earlier too - pretty amazing. It actually seems quite feasible that complete DNA sequences could be extracted. And from there, with better cloning techniques, could we kickstart the rebirth of an actual dinosaur?

I guess there are two issues... First, would another living embryo cell work (like from a frog) to replace the DNA with? And second, creating an artificial dinosaur womb could be problematic too. Still, Jurassic park suddenly doesn't seem all that impossible.
LOL you have a good imagination :wink: I was not even thinking of that!! :lol: I just thought this would lead us into a YEC discussion. The date of the Fossil as per the Strata is about 68 million years old yet we have Flesh that survived 68 million years!!!
Felgar
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Felgar »

AttentionKMartShoppers wrote:70 million DNA would have decayed by now....not that I'm saying it's 70 million years old...I'm guessing it's somewhere around.... :wink:
If flesh survived, would DNA necessarily not have? I wouldn't bet on it.

They actually extracted viable DNA from numerous egyptian pharoah mummies, and they're pretty old too. Possibly not much older than dinos at all, if you fall in line with YEC. :)
bizzt

Post by bizzt »

They will not remodel the Dating on the Dinosaur but look at the Evidence they have on Flesh still being on Fossils and having DNA as well!