Someone hit one of my BSU players

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Gman
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Someone hit one of my BSU players

Post by Gman »

That just makes me mad.. PAC-10 you got no class. :P

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/10013612
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
jlay
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Someone hit one of my BSU players

Post by jlay »

Anyone who plays on a blue field deserves to get hit.
-“The Bible treated allegorically becomes putty in the hands of the exegete.” John Walvoord

"I'm not saying scientists don't overstate their results. They do. And it's understandable, too...If you spend years working toward a certain goal and make no progress, of course you are going to spin your results in a positive light." Ivellious
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

jlay wrote:Anyone who plays on a blue field deserves to get hit.
Only the cool teams play on a blue field...

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
WConn
Established Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by WConn »

BSU? Oregon? Who might these teams be? Have they ever heard of the Florida Gators? THE FLORIDA GATORS!!! THE BIGGEST, BADEST TEAM EVER TO TAKE THE FIELD? Just so you know, The MIGHTY Florida Gators will go undefeated in the SEC, win the National Championship AGAIN, and Tim Tebow (a fine Christian boy) will be elected President of The United States replacing Barack Obama.

That was a low classed thing of that guy to do, sucker punch the other guy. He should be banned from college football forever.

W
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

WConn wrote:BSU? Oregon? Who might these teams be? Have they ever heard of the Florida Gators? THE FLORIDA GATORS!!! THE BIGGEST, BADEST TEAM EVER TO TAKE THE FIELD? Just so you know, The MIGHTY Florida Gators will go undefeated in the SEC, win the National Championship AGAIN, and Tim Tebow (a fine Christian boy) will be elected President of The United States replacing Barack Obama.

That was a low classed thing of that guy to do, sucker punch the other guy. He should be banned from college football forever.

W
Gators? Those things only live in cold murky swamps.. :P Plus they don't have a cool blue football field. They only have one of those boring traditional green fields. By the way my quarter back guy Kellen Moore is a devote Catholic. I do like Tim Tebow however.. As for the sucker punch, I thought that was a little extreme to suspend him an entire season..

WConn
Established Member

Post by WConn »

Gman wrote:
WConn wrote:BSU? Oregon? Who might these teams be? Have they ever heard of the Florida Gators? THE FLORIDA GATORS!!! THE BIGGEST, BADEST TEAM EVER TO TAKE THE FIELD? Just so you know, The MIGHTY Florida Gators will go undefeated in the SEC, win the National Championship AGAIN, and Tim Tebow (a fine Christian boy) will be elected President of The United States replacing Barack Obama.

W
Gators? Those things only live in cold murky swamps.. :P Plus they don't have a cool blue football field. They only have one of those boring traditional green fields. By the way my quarter back guy Kellen Moore is a devote Catholic. I do like Tim Tebow however.. As for the sucker punch, I thought that was a little extreme to suspend him an entire season..
Is that what he got? Suspended for an entire season? Seems reasonable to me, he sucker punched the guy and that is quite unsportsmanlike. Actually I believe the field at "The Swamp" is astroturf. I prefer natural grass myself. The Gators will repeat as National Champs.

W
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

WConn wrote: Is that what he got? Suspended for an entire season? Seems reasonable to me, he sucker punched the guy and that is quite unsportsmanlike. Actually I believe the field at "The Swamp" is astroturf. I prefer natural grass myself. The Gators will repeat as National Champs.

W
Yes, a one year suspension.. I'm no Duck fan but I felt that was a little extreme. Football players often get into little fights like this (or taunts), unfortunately for the Ducks this one got caught on the camera. Will the Gators repeat? I wish my Broncos were playing them.. Alas. ;)

WConn
Established Member

Post by WConn »

Gman wrote:
WConn wrote: Is that what he got? Suspended for an entire season? Seems reasonable to me, he sucker punched the guy and that is quite unsportsmanlike. Actually I believe the field at "The Swamp" is astroturf. I prefer natural grass myself. The Gators will repeat as National Champs.

W
Yes, a one year suspension.. I'm no Duck fan but I felt that was a little extreme. Football players often get into little fights like this (or taunts), unfortunately for the Ducks this one got caught on the camera. Will the Gators repeat? I wish my Broncos were playing them.. Alas. ;)

To be honest, I am a bit embarrassed that the Gators play such a powder puff team for their opener. They should have pulled Tebow in the second quarter and let the 2nd and third string have some field time but the fact is that the numbers mean something when the bowl games are assigned. I don't think the punch was so much the cause of the guys suspension but rather the fact that it was a sucker punch and that he fought with cops and others after the incident. Ducks? You gotta be tough to play for a team called the Ducks.

W
WConn
Established Member

Post by WConn »

BTW, that is a cool field, blue and orange....hey, those are Gator colors.

W
ageofknowledge
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by ageofknowledge »

I'm surprised he didn't hit the guy back. I went to Meridian High School for a year when I had to leave California (juvenile legal problem) way back in the late 70's and those football players were in various fights on and off the field throughout the year. Heck, us stone greasers crunched one of their cars and fought them in the parking lot just for the heck of it to see how tough they were. They were tough enough. One of our guys jaws got shattered. I don't remember Idaho football players being pusharounds. What happened? Did they all turn into politically correct pansies or something since then?
WConn
Established Member

Post by WConn »

ageofknowledge wrote:I'm surprised he didn't hit the guy back. I went to Meridian High School for a year when I had to leave California (juvenile legal problem) way back in the late 70's and those football players were in various fights on and off the field throughout the year. Heck, us stone greasers crunched one of their cars and fought them in the parking lot just for the heck of it to see how tough they were. They were tough enough. One of our guys jaws got shattered. I don't remember Idaho football players being pusharounds. What happened? Did they all turn into politically correct pansies or something since then?
Sounds like you were a bad ass.

W
ageofknowledge
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by ageofknowledge »

WConn wrote:
ageofknowledge wrote:I'm surprised he didn't hit the guy back. I went to Meridian High School for a year when I had to leave California (juvenile legal problem) way back in the late 70's and those football players were in various fights on and off the field throughout the year. Heck, us stone greasers crunched one of their cars and fought them in the parking lot just for the heck of it to see how tough they were. They were tough enough. One of our guys jaws got shattered. I don't remember Idaho football players being pusharounds. What happened? Did they all turn into politically correct pansies or something since then?
Sounds like you were a bad ***.

W
No just above average I guess.. at least with the boys I ran around with.
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

WConn wrote:BTW, that is a cool field, blue and orange....hey, those are Gator colors.

W
I know.. You guys stole our colors. ;)

Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Meridian? Boise High for me in the early 80's.. I went to BSU in 83-85 and my father was an economic professor/teacher there for over 30 years. Hey we were practically neighbors. And OEC'ers. And everyone say's that Idahoans are dumb hicks..

About the football fights.. I think all the college teams would be suspended if they knew what was going on and off the field. It just so happens this was caught on film. Too bad.

ageofknowledge
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by ageofknowledge »

Gman wrote:
Meridian? Boise High for me in the early 80's.. I went to BSU in 83-85 and my father was an economic professor/teacher there for over 30 years. Hey we were practically neighbors. And OEC'ers. And everyone say's that Idahoans are dumb hicks..

About the football fights.. I think all the college teams would be suspended if they knew what was going on and off the field. It just so happens this was caught on film. Too bad.
Hi Gman. Yes we were neighbors but you were in about the 6th grade when I was at Meridian High School. I was at the Ranch in Eagle for about 1 1/2 years. Mostly orphans there but a few like me were there as an alternative to the juvenile system. My foster dad there was the boxing and wrestling coach for Texas A & M for a few years before he started working with young people. He COULD handle me when he had to. The teachers were cool in Idaho. I took a lot of shop classes, welding, agriculture, band and got good grades. I ditched a lot though to go to bars and get high during the day. Bars would let us high school kids in back in those days. Probably not today. It's probably a suburb today.

Back then, it was a very different world than Los Angeles. I could have caught a case for crunching that football players car in with a Chrysler Superbee about 40 miles an hour backwards *CRUNCH* and the resulting fights we had with with jocks and maybe some drag races but that was all I did. I never got caught or in any trouble in Idaho. Mostly because there were so few people back in those days and so much ROOM. One year after leaving Idaho I was in boot camp.. lol. With my attitude, I got to be the crash test dummy for a couple of SEAL led "marching parties"... haha. Thank God I gave it up at 23 and started following the Lord. Never looked back. Had a great life AD but the devil finally caught up with me last year and brought me down. Now I'm messed up and lost it all. Lost my job/career, then my money, then my friends, then my health. All I have left is some family (that doesn't want me around to be truthful), my life, my faith and a truck. That's all I have.