Mother with brain tumor

Post all your prayer requests and responses here.
cslewislover
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Mother with brain tumor

Post by cslewislover »

Hi. Lydia is a mother of 6, I think (all young). She had a brain tumor in the past, which was removed. It came back, and it was again removed. She was pregnant when she started having seizures, so they delivered the baby early, then did the operation. However, she just had a seizure last night. If the tumor was all gone, this shouldn't be happening - that's my understanding - and they are asking for prayer. Her husband had also lost his job right when all this started happening (in December, I think). So the family could use lots of prayer. Lydia and Willian Guerra in Orange County, California.
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
catherine
Established Member

Re: Mother with brain tumor

Post by catherine »

Have offered up a prayer.... y[-o<
rodyshusband
Established Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by rodyshusband »

Added to prayer list.
Please keep us informed...
“Christianity provides a unified answer for the whole of life.” -- Francis Schaeffer
obsolete
Established Member

Post by obsolete »

Their needs are so much more greater than mine. I will pray for them. Keep us posted. God Bless.

Eric.
Jesus died for ALL. End of story.
cslewislover
Ultimate Member

Post by cslewislover »

Thank you for the prayers for this family. Lydia continues to have seizures off-and-on, so an MRI was done recently. No new tumor growth was seen. I asked Wilian (that's actually how his name is spelled) if he knew why this was happening, and I don't think they really know. He said people who are prone to seizures are more likely to have them when they don't get enough sleep. So he's trying to help with things so Lydia gets enough sleep. I don't know about his job situation; I'm sure he feels torn between trying to help with all the kids, which helps his wife, and getting a job and all. He does have a ministry position at his church, but it may be wholly voluntary. I know his truck needed repairs recently. So, yes, they still need prayer about everything. Thanks.
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
Cross.eyed
Valued Member

Post by Cross.eyed »

cslewislover wrote:Thank you for the prayers for this family. Lydia continues to have seizures off-and-on, so an MRI was done recently. No new tumor growth was seen. I asked Wilian (that's actually how his name is spelled) if he knew why this was happening, and I don't think they really know. He said people who are prone to seizures are more likely to have them when they don't get enough sleep. So he's trying to help with things so Lydia gets enough sleep. I don't know about his job situation; I'm sure he feels torn between trying to help with all the kids, which helps his wife, and getting a job and all. He does have a ministry position at his church, but it may be wholly voluntary. I know his truck needed repairs recently. So, yes, they still need prayer about everything. Thanks.
This is heartbreaking.
Prayers offered for the whole family.
I am the wretch the song refers to.
cslewislover
Ultimate Member

Post by cslewislover »

Lydia had been doing better, and doesn't seem to have anything really wrong with her, but she did just have a seizure this morning. I'm sure stress has something to do with it. I thought the husband had a job now, but apparently not. They didn't make the last two months' rent, so they are being evicted from their apartment. I'm sure they will get help from people (and I wish I would've heard about the eviction possibility earlier), but they obviously really need help and prayer. Willian needs a job. Thanks.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

cslewislover wrote:Lydia had been doing better, and doesn't seem to have anything really wrong with her, but she did just have a seizure this morning. I'm sure stress has something to do with it. I thought the husband had a job now, but apparently not. They didn't make the last two months' rent, so they are being evicted from their apartment. I'm sure they will get help from people (and I wish I would've heard about the eviction possibility earlier), but they obviously really need help and prayer. Willian needs a job. Thanks.
Okay Prayer...

Lord as a testament to you and who you are - help this couple through this time and find a job for William. Pour out some financial aid for them as well and provide their needs so none in this family turn bitter toward you. Turn this around for your name sake as that testemant to you. Lydia has seizure issues and please spare her of these - making them cease. She has young ones and you said let nothing hinder the little ones coming to you so please do not let these continued tragedies and times of crushing despair strike this family causing any to stray - lead them all closer to you for the sake of the little ones. Break what ever yoke and bondage that is over this family as your testament to them in Jesus name we pray - Amen

...please feel free to join in - in agreement and add as so led...
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
cslewislover
Ultimate Member

Post by cslewislover »

The situation with this family is . . . crazy. Lydia keeps having seizures and is tired and out of it. So her husband, Willian (it is spelled with an "n" for some reason), stays home to take care of everything. Lydia's family has stepped in to help with finances and fixing of the truck, but their bills are mounting (their kids incur some medical bills too). So there have been blessings, yes, but the fact that Lydia isn't really getting better is the key, it seems to me. Poor woman - I can't imagine what she feels like.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

cslewislover wrote:The situation with this family is . . . crazy. Lydia keeps having seizures and is tired and out of it. So her husband, Willian (it is spelled with an "n" for some reason), stays home to take care of everything. Lydia's family has stepped in to help with finances and fixing of the truck, but their bills are mounting (their kids incur some medical bills too). So there have been blessings, yes, but the fact that Lydia isn't really getting better is the key, it seems to me. Poor woman - I can't imagine what she feels like.
Let's all keep praying for the Lord to shout PEACE, be still to this family's storm! See them all through this time of struggles and trials!

++++++

Question, (cslewislover) have you been able to ask her what she would like specifically prayed for as well as her husband during this recent time? Like an updated prayer requests from both?? Have their request changed any?
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
jlay
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by jlay »

Yes, I agree, in Jesus name.
Lord as a testament to you and who you are - help this couple through this time and find a job for William. Pour out some financial aid for them as well and provide their needs so none in this family turn bitter toward you. Turn this around for your name sake as that testemant to you. Lydia has seizure issues and please spare her of these - making them cease. She has young ones and you said let nothing hinder the little ones coming to you so please do not let these continued tragedies and times of crushing despair strike this family causing any to stray - lead them all closer to you for the sake of the little ones. Break what ever yoke and bondage that is over this family as your testament to them in Jesus name we pray - Amen
-“The Bible treated allegorically becomes putty in the hands of the exegete.” John Walvoord

"I'm not saying scientists don't overstate their results. They do. And it's understandable, too...If you spend years working toward a certain goal and make no progress, of course you are going to spin your results in a positive light." Ivellious
cslewislover
Ultimate Member

Post by cslewislover »

B. W. wrote:
Question, (cslewislover) have you been able to ask her what she would like specifically prayed for as well as her husband during this recent time? Like an updated prayer requests from both?? Have their request changed any?
-
-
-
I get an email update from the husband. I don't know them very well, personally. But I can email Willian back and ask about what Lydia would like, specifically.

He thanked us for our prayers, and responded with this:

For the Seizures to stop; For her to sleep well at night; For God to give wisdom to the doctors; For her body to came back to normal so I can start looking for a job; For me to be the support that she needs at all times.

cslewislover
Ultimate Member

Post by cslewislover »

BW, I don't know if you saw my edited post. I should've just double posted so that a new date showed up on the index. Anyway, you can take a look at that, but something new has come up. And I know I shouldn't be judgmental, but I was really freaked when I read Wilian's latest email, from today. First off, he said Lydia's pregnant again. See . . . I'm freaked thinking about it. Um, you can chastise me if you want. It's just that they have six kids, absolutely no income, and the last baby they had was removed prematurely so that Lydia could have her brain surgery. And it wasn't that long ago. She continues to have seizures and is very tired. I feel so bad for her. Wilian said that her mother will take care of them more - will supply an apartment even - but that they would have to move far north, to Sacramento. Wilian has a ministry here and doesn't want to move, and is seeing if anyone will go and help them all day so he can find a job. So . . . this situation needs prayer. It would seem that their solution lies with Lydia's mother, and I'm sure her mother would love to see her and help take care of her. That's me, but prayer is needed for Wilian to know what to do, whatever it is. Thanks.
TellMe~Ily
Acquainted Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by TellMe~Ily »

Tell him to remember that no sickness or issue can stand taller than God.
God,please heal this woman right now in the name of Jesus. By your stripes WE ARE HEALED. There will be nothing that keeps us from believing in Your awesome power.
Right now,I command the sickness to go away in Jesus name!
I pray the blood of Jesus over this baby. It is an annointed baby and will be used for God's great power.
I come against every form of doubt that tries to tell us this woman's situation is helpless. Nothing is impossible for You,God. The Alpha,the beginging,the end. YOU ARE POWERFUL.
In Jesus name I pray,Amen.
Please keep me updated.
WConn
Established Member

Post by WConn »

cslewislover wrote:Hi. Lydia is a mother of 6, I think (all young). She had a brain tumor in the past, which was removed. It came back, and it was again removed. She was pregnant when she started having seizures, so they delivered the baby early, then did the operation. However, she just had a seizure last night. If the tumor was all gone, this shouldn't be happening - that's my understanding - and they are asking for prayer. Her husband had also lost his job right when all this started happening (in December, I think). So the family could use lots of prayer. Lydia and Willian Guerra in Orange County, California.
V,

Seizures can happen for a multitude of reasons, tumor, pregnancy, HBP, and so on. A tumor may be surgically excised but there might be other reasons for the seizures to continue even post surgery. I have said the prayer the B.W. posted. I hope God will decide to step in and fix things for this family.

W.