going to hell?

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
B. W.
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes

Re: going to hell?

Post by B. W. »

Thanks - for me this is rather humbling as people can now see what I look like and hear what I sound like :esurprised:

In this series, I share what it is like to be judged by the Lord and may give you clues as to how I understand the Trinity of One God as true. More frightening than anything else is standing in judgment before God...

God Blessings!
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

B. W. wrote:Thanks - for me this is rather humbling as people can now see what I look like and hear what I sound like :esurprised:
B.W. I had pegged you completely differently. Looking good, man.
B. W. wrote:In this series, I share what it is like to be judged by the Lord and may give you clues as to how I understand the Trinity of One God as true. More frightening than anything else is standing in judgment before God...

God Blessings!
I just listened to the entire thing, bone-chilling. I can't wait to read the book. Thank you so much for sharing it.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
jlay
Ultimate Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by jlay »

Kind of comical. Those that want to argue against the doctrine of Hell with B.W. are coming to a gun fight with a toothpick.
-“The Bible treated allegorically becomes putty in the hands of the exegete.” John Walvoord

"I'm not saying scientists don't overstate their results. They do. And it's understandable, too...If you spend years working toward a certain goal and make no progress, of course you are going to spin your results in a positive light." Ivellious
Muttaru
Newbie Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Muttaru »

B.W, what would your response to the NDE's of people such as Howard Storm and George Ritchie that may believe that God is in some way present even in Hell? Are the people lost forever, or could they still turn to God if they stop in their ways?
Muttaru
Newbie Member

Post by Muttaru »

Here's the quote from Howard Storm's book. I'm very curious, will buy your book soon :D.

""A person devoid of the love of God cannot be welcomed into the journey to heaven. They are left on their own.

They are not alone in life after death. They have kindred spirits, people like them whoa re waiting for them. These kindred spirits are their welcoming committee which takes them on a journey away from the love and light of God. For every individual, there is a unique journey into the abyss. There is no limit to its complexity and depths of distress. Ont his journey a person embarks on an uneending life without God. Hell is separation from God.

For some people this may culminate in the ultimate annihilation of their being, if after they have existed in this eternity they still do not seek their way back to God. For others there is the possibility of salvation. In the Christian tradition, Jesus Christ journeyed into the depths of hell and saved lost souls. This could happen again. But the terrible truth is that the deeper people sink into degradation, the less willing they are to seek salvation."
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Muttaru wrote: B.W, what would your response to the NDE's of people such as Howard Storm and George Ritchie that may believe that God is in some way present even in Hell?

If you do attain my book, please read the chapter - Dear Pudding - as that may help answer your question regarding nde's... The devils ploy is deception and they will do whatever to trick a person. As for Howard Storm, I know who he is but not what he teaches and same goes for George Ritchie. I'll have to check into this more…
Muttaru wrote: Are the people lost forever, or could they still turn to God if they stop in their ways?
People there, in hell, are lost forever. Only in this mortal life now, can a person turn to God thru Christ; not in the hereafter. See Isaiah 26:10 quote below with several key Hebrew words defined to help you uncover truth of the text...

Isaiah 26:10, "If favor (grace, pity, mercy) is shown to the wicked, he does not learn righteousness; in the land of uprightness (Heaven implied here as that is only where uprightness exist) he deals corruptly (wrongfully, unjustly, deviates) and does not see (consider, recognizes) the majesty of the LORD (Yahweh)." ESV

Job 21:7-17 also brings up a good point on this subject as well...

Job 21:7, 11-15, 17, "Why do the wicked live? They grow old, and become mighty in power...11 They send their little ones out as a flock; and their children dance. 12 They lift up voice at the timbrel and lyre, and rejoice at the sound of the flute. 13 They spend their days in good, and in a moment go down to Sheol. 14 And they say to God, Depart from us, for we do not desire the knowledge of Your ways. 15 What is the Almighty, that we should serve Him? And what do we profit if we entreat Him?' ...17 How often is the lamp of the wicked put out, and their calamity comes on them! He shares out pangs in His anger..." LITV

Ecc 8:11, "Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed speedily, the heart of the children of man is fully set to do evil." ESV
-
-
-
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Muttaru
Newbie Member

Post by Muttaru »

Thanks for the reply B.W! Just ordered your book off amazon, wish they had it in bookstores (I've looked :/)
ageofknowledge
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by ageofknowledge »

B. W. wrote:
Thanks - for me this is rather humbling as people can now see what I look like and hear what I sound like :esurprised:

In this series, I share what it is like to be judged by the Lord and may give you clues as to how I understand the Trinity of One God as true. More frightening than anything else is standing in judgment before God...

God Blessings!
-
-
-
It was magnificent B.W.. One thing that struck me was how your insight about evil people not being allowed into heaven because they would ruin it aligned very well with Ross's insights on evil people and God's constraining them to a temporary physical body so their ability to do evil is limited and temporary.
TellMe~Ily
Acquainted Member
Sex: Female

Post by TellMe~Ily »

I thought that after the second coming our bodies that died would be resurrected as well..?
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

TellMe~Ily wrote:I thought that after the second coming our bodies that died would be resurrected as well..?
This is known as the doctrine of the Resurrection of the Dead when the spiritual essence of a person is rejoined with a new body during the time when the final judgment's sentencing is commuted...

Dan 12:2, “And many of those who sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.” ESV

What God makes endures forever — he keeps his word.

You can rightly say that since what God does (makes, fashions) endures forever because he put eternity in our hearts (Ecc 3:11,14) he fashioned Adam and Eve with a fleshly body (Gen 2:23) which was not originally designed to die. It was through Sin entering the world is how death (for Humanity) entered the world (Romans 5:12).

Ecc 12:5, "...man is going to his eternal home, and the mourners go about the streets-- 6 before the silver cord is snapped, or the golden bowl is broken, or the pitcher is shattered at the fountain, or the wheel broken at the cistern, 7 and the dust returns to the earth as it was, and the spirit returns to God who gave it."

Through death the body returns to dust and the Spirit (spiritual essence of a person) returns to the Lord who gives it. Where one is judged (Hebrews 9:27) and waits either in the Prison (Isaiah 24:22, Luke 16:19-31), known also as hell, hades, pit of Sheol, or rest with the Lord where he waits for the final consummation of all things during which a person is rejoined with a new body — awakening into it for the final commuting of sentence.

Since what God does (fashions) indeed endures forever and he made the body; therefore, he refashions the dust to remake a new body thus proving he is able to keep his word with perfect justice…

…Some to everlasting life with the Lord and some everlasting non-ending contempt. Both rejoined in spirit, soul, body, God shows no partiality…

Isaiah 26:19, “Your dead shall live; their bodies shall rise. You who dwell in the dust, awake and sing for joy! For your dew is a dew of light, and the earth will give birth to the dead. 20 Come, my people, enter your chambers, and shut your doors behind you; hide yourselves for a little while until the fury has passed by. 21 For behold, the LORD is coming out from his place to punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity, and the earth will disclose the blood shed on it, and will no more cover its slain. ESV

Rev 20:6, “Blessed and holy is the one who shares in the first resurrection! Over such the second death has no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ, and they will reign with him for a thousand years...” ESV

Rev 20:13, “And the sea gave up the dead who were in it, Death and Hades gave up the dead who were in them, and they were judged, each one of them, according to what they had done. 14 Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire. 15 And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.” ESV

Job 34:10 — 12, "Therefore, hear me, you men of understanding: far be it from God that he should do wickedness, and from the Almighty that he should do wrong. 11 For according to the work of a man he will repay him, and according to his ways he will make it befall him. 12 Of a truth, God will not do wickedly, and the Almighty will not pervert justice.” ESV
-
-
-
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
ageofknowledge
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by ageofknowledge »

You are deep B.W.. I suppose the next question would be, in your understanding what really separates the two.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

ageofknowledge wrote:You are deep B.W.. I suppose the next question would be, in your understanding what really separates the two.

What separates the two? Answer would be: the time elapsing between the two events...

Paul in 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 and 1 Thessalonians 5:1-11 addresses this same subject.

Hope this helps...
-
-
-
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
ageofknowledge
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by ageofknowledge »

B. W. wrote:
ageofknowledge wrote:You are deep B.W.. I suppose the next question would be, in your understanding what really separates the two.

What separates the two? Answer would be: the time elapsing between the two events...

Paul in 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 and 1 Thessalonians 5:1-11 addresses this same subject.

Hope this helps...
-
-
-
Yes it makes sense.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?se ... ersion=49;
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?se ... ersion=49;
TellMe~Ily
Acquainted Member
Sex: Female

Post by TellMe~Ily »

Oh! Thanks for the clarification B.W. (:
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Just an fyi, Bryan has also created a DVD on hell called "To Hell and Back." Here are two little excerpts from it.. One even involving Hitler himself.

http://storiesofthesupernatural.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWa_WRjd ... re=related

You can also purchase a copy of it from amazon..

The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8