Please Introduce Yourself Here

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
cslewislover
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Please Introduce Yourself Here

Post by cslewislover »

Hey, Josh - glad to have you here! Hope to see your posts around, too. :esmile:
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
Ngakunui
Established Member
Sex: Male

Post by Ngakunui »

First of all, let me apologize for not noticing this topic, and first posting a couple questions as replies to the "board purpose" topic in the announcements subforum. I'm kind of new here, so I'm kind of confused by everything.

Secondly, I'm from what I suppose can still be correctly called the "United States", prefer proper spellings and pronunciations of words over colloquial ones(which is kind of difficult, due to Firefox's "spell-checker"), and absolutely hate the public education system here. I've spent my entire life here in America except for about a week when I went to the Caribbean.

Anyway, I'm a former "Bionicle" fan(which is why my gibberish screenname sounds like something from the franchise's earlier years), and once I found a website based around something that's actually helpful, I couldn't help but to join.

But in relation to actual life, I'd say I've been a christian since roughly the age of around... I guess thirteen, maybe twelve(and I'm about seventeen full years of age at the present). I've always believed God, albeit more through opposition to "Evolution" than actually reading the Bible. It wasn't until a friend of mine started to actually teach me the Bible that I started to actually think more logically, study the Bible and get to where I considered myself an actual christian. I feel it's necessary to say my old friend is now deceased, but I presume he's "in a better place" now, so to speak.

My main excuse for coming here is the fact that I'm practically done with going to websites centred around something I have next to no interest in, and in which I am regularly debated against for my views by "hippies" that call me "hateful" in the worst tone the Latin Alphabet can simulate. Seeing as practically everyone here is a Christian- by the definition of someone who does what God says, (rather than going around saying "I'M A CHRISTIAN" and doing whatever, or believing they are a member of the Spanish Inquisition) I presumed this was the ideal forum for me. Also, I've had an increasing interest in science in the past few years, so I'm certainly going to make myself at home here over time.

In addition, I'd like to say that if I sound blunt or rude in any occasion that it's usually by accident or trying to type in a sophistocated manner. Same thing happens off the computer, because I don't comprise my sentences out of common idioms which "sounds rude" to... I'd say about everyone whom received a government education that I've spoken to, sadly. That, or I'm just saying it like it is.

Also, I'm supposed to wear reading glasses, but haven't for roughly a year due to having lost them, so if I make a woefully horrid typographical error, please forgive me- it's a bit of a strain to see what I'm writing in full detail.

Also, if you can't remember my full screenname, I usually go by "Gaku" as a nickname on a few websites(actually, only one that most of you probably never heard of- and it's made to not even show up on a search). In addition, if pronouncing the "Ng" digraph at the beginning of my screenname as a single phoneme is a bit to hard to figure out, then just pronounce it as a G.

God bless,

-Ngakunui
cslewislover
Ultimate Member

Post by cslewislover »

Hi Gaku, and welcome to the board!

So when you said you are from the United States, did you just mean that that's what it's actually called, as opposed to "America"? I was just a little confused.
:esmile:
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
Ngakunui
Established Member

Post by Ngakunui »

cslewislover wrote:Hi Gaku, and welcome to the board!

So when you said you are from the United States, did you just mean that that's what it's actually called, as opposed to "America"? I was just a little confused.
:esmile:
It's the same. As in the "United States Of America" United States.

As in "that country that used to be mainly capitalist but isn't anymore" America.

-Ngakunui
cslewislover
Ultimate Member

Post by cslewislover »

:lol:
For_Narniaaa
Established Member

Post by For_Narniaaa »

Hey everyone!

I'm brand new to this board, but not to this site. I came for Christian fellowship and encouragement...oh, yeah, and prayer lol. Can't EVER have too much of that. :ebiggrin:

Anyway, I hope to get to know some of you guys, my brothers and sisters in Christ.
y>:D<
zoegirl
Old School
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by zoegirl »

WElcome!! Good username!! Love the Narnia series

I like most of what you like in your profile! Although I haven't yet read twilight...can't quite get over the odea of a vampire being the hero :esurprised: :)
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
cslewislover
Ultimate Member

Post by cslewislover »

Hey, Narniaaa, welcome to the board! I read Twilight and wondered about teenage romance novels . . . lol. I think I'll go ahead and read the others, since I've invested the time (I'll disagree with you about the movie though, which I thought was pretty bad - plus, Edward Cullen had weird eyebrow issues :D ). Anyway, I look forward to your posts!

(PS: Did you know that on Facebook there's a big group called: "Because of Edward Cullen, human boys have lost their charm" :D :D :D )

:pound:
For_Narniaaa
Established Member

Post by For_Narniaaa »

zoegirl wrote:WElcome!! Good username!! Love the Narnia series

I like most of what you like in your profile! Although I haven't yet read twilight...can't quite get over the odea of a vampire being the hero :esurprised: :)
How can you NOT love the Narnia series? :ewink:

Yeah...that made me wary, at first, too. (That, and my atheist friend recommended it to me.) But I read it anyway, and ended up being surprised by how good it was...plot and morals. Plus, they're not exactly what you'd call vampires...

"Fear of the Lord is the foundation of true knowledge." ~Proverbs 1:7

"The God of the universe---the Creator of nitrogen and pine needles, galaxies and E-minor---loves you with a radical, unconditional, self-sacrificing love." ~Francis Chan

Banner credit: arwen-undomiel.com
For_Narniaaa
Established Member

Post by For_Narniaaa »

cslewislover wrote: (I'll disagree with you about the movie though, which I thought was pretty bad - plus, Edward Cullen had weird eyebrow issues :D ).

Yeah...Rob Pattinson has some SERIOUSLY bushy eyebrows. While I liked the movie overall, I didn't like the occassional awkward stare-downs Edward and Bella would have...so indie film, imo. :roll: :esmile:

(PS: Did you know that on Facebook there's a big group called: "Because of Edward Cullen, human boys have lost their charm" :D :D :D )

No, I didn't know that! I'm not surprised, though...one of my friends had her status message once say: "Edward Cullen: raising the standards of boyfriends since 1918" or something like that. :lol:

"The God of the universe---the Creator of nitrogen and pine needles, galaxies and E-minor---loves you with a radical, unconditional, self-sacrificing love." ~Francis Chan

cslewislover
Ultimate Member

Post by cslewislover »

For_Narniaaa wrote:
cslewislover wrote: (I'll disagree with you about the movie though, which I thought was pretty bad - plus, Edward Cullen had weird eyebrow issues :D ).
Yeah...Rob Pattinson has some SERIOUSLY bushy eyebrows. While I liked the movie overall, I didn't like the occassional awkward stare-downs Edward and Bella would have...so indie film, imo. :roll: :esmile:
:) Well, in some scenes, his eyebrows were really noticeably dark and colored in - very unnatural. Other scenes they looked better. Lol. One thing about Rob's acting, and I don't know if it was him or the direction, but he spoke in a way that to me was opposite of the book. Two people told me to read the book first. But I wish I wouldv'e seen the movie first, since after reading the book, then seeing the movie, I couldn't see why - in the movie - she'd fall for him so fast. Anyway, lol . . . I didn't like the way the kids acted so modern and hip in the movie either. Didn't seem to fit the story.

No, I didn't know that! I'm not surprised, though...one of my friends had her status message once say: "Edward Cullen: raising the standards of boyfriends since 1918" or something like that. :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Rob Pattinson is a doll-and-a-half (or should it be action figure?), but he doesn't look as good in the movie. Lol, I just thought about how they sparkle in the light, and I was looking forward to Rob sparkling (what can I say), but that looked pretty bad in the movie too. :shakehead: Sorry . . .

I have this signature image someone made for me quite a while ago. If you want to copy it and use it somewhere, you can.

For_Narniaaa
Established Member

Post by For_Narniaaa »

cslewislover wrote:
I have this signature image someone made for me quite a while ago. If you want to copy it and use it somewhere, you can.

[/color]
Ooooo....me likey. :ebiggrin:

rodyshusband
Established Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by rodyshusband »

Aslan rules!
“Christianity provides a unified answer for the whole of life.” -- Francis Schaeffer
For_Narniaaa
Established Member

Post by For_Narniaaa »

rodyshusband wrote:Aslan rules!
I agree! He's my favorite character in the series. :mrgreen:

richard handran
Newbie Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by richard handran »

Hello

I find the site intriguing. I am 42 years old, excepted Christ in the sixth grade, and have been in the military for the last twenty-one years. This is one of the most straight forward sites I have seen in a long time. I look forward to reading various comments.

Thanks