Please Introduce Yourself Here

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Delay
Acquainted Member
Christian: Yes

Re: Please Introduce Yourself Here

Post by Delay »

cslewislover wrote:Wow, you like to write. :D It's just fine though, lol. I think there are a lot of Norwegians in Washington State, so you might want to check it out. I lived there one year and loved it. I love it way more than California, where I live now y:p (I live in Anaheim and would gladly leave this afternoon - I'm from MIchigan and it's beautiful there and not so CROWDED). Hey, I also found out about Rich's site through a debate on another site! :) Lol. Anyway, that's awesome that you want to do missions work. May the Lord lead you. ~ Vicki
Thanks Vicki, yeah I do not live in Washington but I have heard there are a lot of Norwegians there too lol. Here in Huntington Beach there are little to no Norwegians :(, but it is okay haha. You live in Anaheim, awesome. We are neighbors!
Canuckster1127 wrote:Welocme Delay.

I work about 5 blocks away from where the Washington Capitals play and make it to a few games a year ;)

Go CAPS!!!!

bart
Wow, I envy you... Yeah I live about 20 minutes away from Honda Center so I make it out to a lot of Ducks games throughout the year, but man, I would love to see some Capital games, that would be amazing.

I love the Canucks as well! They have some of my fellow Swedes too! Sedin twins, Sundin, Edler, Ohlund, and used to have Naslund. Anyway, they are looking sharp as of late, along with the Caps of course. Hopefully both go far.
Gman
Old School
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Gman »

Go sharks!! Sorry for my Northern Califonianess..

The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
cslewislover
Ultimate Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by cslewislover »

Wow, what a mascot, lol.

BTW Delay, I'm not a USC fan, I just went to watch some hockey.
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
Delay
Acquainted Member

Post by Delay »

Glad to see you do not like USC, me neither! Lol. Go CSUF!
Mannix
Newbie Member

Post by Mannix »

Hello,
I'm new on this forum. I like to debate about evolution-creation issues and I hope that I will be able to gain new insight on this subject here. I'm French so you will probably notice a lot of spelling and gramatical mistake, so please don't be too upset. :ewink:
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

Mannix wrote:Hello,
I'm new on this forum. I like to debate about evolution-creation issues and I hope that I will be able to gain new insight on this subject here. I'm French so you will probably notice a lot of spelling and gramatical mistake, so please don't be too upset. :ewink:
Salutations Mannix, Vous êtes les bienvenus.

Don't worry about your English, it's fine. That's a great member name by the way, did you pick it after the TV show?
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

Welcome, Mannix

I wish I remembered more of my french from my middle school days!
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
Mannix
Newbie Member

Post by Mannix »

Byblos wrote:
Mannix wrote:Hello,
Salutations Mannix, Vous êtes les bienvenus.

Don't worry about your English, it's fine. That's a great member name by the way, did you pick it after the TV show?
Merci! :-)
No, even thought I actually watched this show when I was very young. I just like the name.
akl
Newbie Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by akl »

I'm Amanda - I'm a Christian, I LOVE politics, reading, diving, and shopping...I go to an EXTREMELY liberal school (good practice for debating...haha) and I've had several really cool (but STRESSFUL at the time...) spiritual experiences. I love to sing opera, but there's not much of a market in sopranos...lol.
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Welcome both Mannix and akl... ;)
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
CliffsofBurton
Familiar Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by CliffsofBurton »

Good morning, afternoon, and evening.

I apologize for not doing this earlier, I seem to have skipped the introduction and jumped head-first into the debate.

My name is Alexander. I do not follow a traditional religion. I found this website and found it intriguing because I devote much of my spare time to studying science and the origins. When I found it, I decided it was finally time to get the other side of the argument, from the people who know it the best: Creationists!

I try to be rather reserved on forums. I figure I swear and whatnot enough in the real world, why take the extra time to spell out swear words in text?

I am also a guitar player and lyricist. My lyrics mostly tend to be comical. I enjoy good music, and even the occasional song that is so bad, that its great, kind of like Meatloaf's "I Would do Anything for Love."

I am also a hunter. I enjoy being out in the wild, among everything that is almost untouched by man. And, on those occasions when the earth is kind enough to give me one of her beasts, I have no qualms about accepting her most generous gesture.

Thank you for having me.
"This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality.
Embrace this moment. Remember. We are eternal.
All this pain is an illusion."
Artist:Tool Album:Lateralus Title:Parabola

As I was going up the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there.
He wasn't there again today,
I wish, I wish he'd stay away.
Hughes Mearns
rodyshusband
Established Member

Post by rodyshusband »

Welcome, CliffsofBurton!
Glad to have you here.
“Christianity provides a unified answer for the whole of life.” -- Francis Schaeffer
cslewislover
Ultimate Member

Post by cslewislover »

Hi again CliffsofBurton. Welcome to the board. :esmile:
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
Tone
Newbie Member

Post by Tone »

Hello folks,

A friend of mine from another board told me about this site, its good to be in your midst.

I hope to engage in some healthy informative discussion. :) ( i would like to learn as much as i can from anyone here)

I am a Christian who's become increasingly disaffected by contemporary religion aka "the Church". I believe in God, Jesus and Muhammad. I believe they are all relative. Im not a muslim but i respect some aspects of Islam that tend to relate to Christianity. I believe Jesus was the saviour but i do not believe in the concept that that belief negates the faith someone else may have in God but not Jesus. I also believe the catholic church hides and holds great secrets that would probably destroy the catholic church and perhaps create collateral damage to christianity but wouldnt destroy christianity. I dont subscribe to the traditional mysticism that has been put on God's order of things by the "church" and traditional religion, i believe that science supports and proves God's intelligent design on the universe.
“Everywhere you look in science, the harder it becomes to understand the universe without God.”
Robert Herrmann
cslewislover
Ultimate Member

Post by cslewislover »

Hi Tone, and welcome to the board. I hope we can help you in some way. It would be interesting to know why you think Muhammad has any kind of equal footing with God and Jesus, but that would need to be within another forum and thread. It's interesting, from what I just heard from a professor, that all the early versions of the Koran were burned after one person in particular made a certain translation. Lol. I'd need to look into that further. But, it's well-known how Muhammad wrote and thought one way during his earlier period, then got upset and started thinking and writing in another way. That's why there are contradictory peaceful, then violent, sayings in the Koran. Well, it should be for another forum/thread. You can start one if you'd like.