Baby boys name

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Baby boys name

Post by Kurieuo »

My wife has been pregnant and she just had an ultrasound and we will be having a baby boy. We've read through names and more names but none really jump out at us.

We are leaning towards Luther, but really it is still up in the air. So I'm throwing it out to you guys. Any male names in particular you guys/gals like?
Jac3510
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Baby boys name

Post by Jac3510 »

Gretchen's favorite boy name is Elijah. Mine is probably Gabriel.

We have both boy and girl names picked out already (don't know which we are having yet). If a boy, it'll be Josiah Christopher; if a girl, Josephine Corbett. Beyond the fact we just liked the names, we already had the middle names picked out. Corbett is a family name on her side, so she wanted to pass it on. I got my middle name from my dad's first, so I'm going to continue that with our first boy. So then it was just a matter of picking a name that sounded good with the middles.

We also looked a lot at meaning. Josiah means "My God saves" and Josephine means "[May the Lord] add to me."

Hope this helps, and major gratzies by the way

God bless
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Kurieuo wrote:My wife has been pregnant and she just had an ultrasound and we will be having a baby boy. We've read through names and more names but none really jump out at us.

We are leaning towards Luther, but really it is still up in the air. So I'm throwing it out to you guys. Any male names in particular you guys/gals like?

Congrat's Kuriero!

How about -- Pierre Gustave Toutant Kurieo -- no, just kidding :mrgreen:

How about:

Joshua

That's a good name...
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
lilbassist93
Familiar Member

Post by lilbassist93 »

Hmmm, are we talking Biblical names? If so, how about:Isaiah, Peter, Jacob, John or my personal favorite biblical name - Jared(my name) :D

or you can go with Mourice(but i don't think you will), which is my most favorite name :D
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Hmm... might be better to start with the middle name. Doesn't necessarily have to be a biblical name although we are more attracted to Hebrew names.

Now its a new day I'm not too sure about Luther. Its sounds like an evil name. I'm sure Byblos would agree. ;) Too much Smallville I think. :P

My wife wanted Joshua, but I knew some Joshua's which make it seem quite plain to me. Might go for Pierre Gustave Toutant Kurieo... but sincerely doubt it. :)
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

Kurieuo wrote:Hmm... might be better to start with the middle name. Doesn't necessarily have to be a biblical name although we are more attracted to Hebrew names.

Now its a new day I'm not too sure about Luther. Its sounds like an evil name. I'm sure Byblos would agree. ;) Too much Smallville I think. :P

My wife wanted Joshua, but I knew some Joshua's which make it seem quite plain to me. Might go for Pierre Gustave Toutant Kurieo... but sincerely doubt it. :)
Luther, Yikes! You're right. If you're considering French names I was supposed to be Jean Claude so I like that (unless you're not a fan of Van Dam that is). If you're thinking biblical, 2 of my favorites are Mathhew and Mark (with middle names Taylor or Parker that will go with either one). I'm sure whatever your wife ultimately picks will be fine by you though, right? :wink:
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
Gman
Old School
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Gman »

I've always like Jarred....
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
lilbassist93
Familiar Member

Post by lilbassist93 »

I've always like Jarred....
Yeah, I think thats a great name too. :D
cslewislover
Ultimate Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by cslewislover »

I've always liked Matt, and still do. Matt/Matthew.

My son's name is Zakery. One reason I named him that is that I like the Z sound, and if I was going to have to say " . . . , clean up your room now!" (for the 10th time) I wanted the name to be at least fun to say.

Eric is pretty nice too.
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
Cross.eyed
Valued Member

Post by Cross.eyed »

Caleb Christian is the name of our latest,(grandson) I picked the name because of the biblical Calebs fiesty and faithful nature.

I also like Jared.
I am the wretch the song refers to.
jlay
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by jlay »

Joel is a great name. Uhhhumm.
I also like Jared.
Not after Subway.
-“The Bible treated allegorically becomes putty in the hands of the exegete.” John Walvoord

"I'm not saying scientists don't overstate their results. They do. And it's understandable, too...If you spend years working toward a certain goal and make no progress, of course you are going to spin your results in a positive light." Ivellious
CliffsofBurton
Familiar Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by CliffsofBurton »

If you want to go with a Christian name you might like Demetrius.

Saint Demetrius is the patron saint of hunters.

I think that would be a better middle name though, not first name.
"This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality.
Embrace this moment. Remember. We are eternal.
All this pain is an illusion."
Artist:Tool Album:Lateralus Title:Parabola

As I was going up the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there.
He wasn't there again today,
I wish, I wish he'd stay away.
Hughes Mearns
cslewislover
Ultimate Member
Sex: Female

Post by cslewislover »

I also like the name Derek.
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis