Struggling

Post all your prayer requests and responses here.
obsolete
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Struggling

Post by obsolete »

For the past few months now I have been having an occuring thought. "What if God doesn't exist"?

The really sad part is the fact that I entertain the thought and mull it over in my head for awhile at work. But it only comes around while I'm at work. I have also been struggling with maintaining my Christian walk. This is one of the reasons why I haven't been around this forum for a bit.

My prayer life and even spending time in the Word has diminished to the point of almost non-existence. I have problems finding the strength to pray for the strength to overcome all of this and walk more with Jesus.

I've been failing as a husband and have not been praying with my wife, reading with her. When I do, it doesn't last long. Working nights hasn't helped that much either.

Please pray for me. I feel broken and alone, in need of good Christian friendship/fellowship and mentorship.
Jesus died for ALL. End of story.
zoegirl
Old School
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Struggling

Post by zoegirl »

wILL do

One thing that ensures dimished walk is being too busy, the tyranny of the urgent. SOunds like you need to try to carve out some time with both some good fellowship and with your wife.
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
cslewislover
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by cslewislover »

I'm sorry about your situation :( . I've been like that before, pretty much - about not reading or praying for a while. I find that when I force myself to read the bible, it helps, since Jesus is in it and you can open yourself up to him there. But you also wrote this:
Please pray for me. I feel broken and alone, in need of good Christian friendship/fellowship and mentorship.
Do you go to church? Do you enjoy worship at church? I think worshipping the Lord really helps too. If you sing songs that focus on the Lord himself, it helps to think of him fresh again. Do you go to a Christian group? Maybe it would help for you and your wife to both go to a home fellowship. You'd get what you're craving, I think, and it could help you and your wife read and pray together, since you could prepare the next meeting together. Just ideas. What do you think?

~ Vicki
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
JCSx2
Valued Member

Post by JCSx2 »

Doubt hits everyone even the strongest Christians. God is always there when you are strong and when you are weak. Just look at the wonderous creations he has made and continue to pray. You dont even have to pray just talk to him in your head throughout the day.

I will pray for your strength, as well as mine cause I have thought as this sometimes as well..God will always be there for you.

Peace

Jim
Definition of a Veteran. A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including his life." That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.
Cross.eyed
Valued Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Cross.eyed »

I'm praying for you Obsolete.
I've been in doubt before, and I've been very busy for long periods of time.

What I found was that our Savior will go with us (anywhere) to help us overcome all obstacles.
I am the wretch the song refers to.
obsolete
Established Member

Post by obsolete »

Thank you all very much for your words of support and encouragement.

Zoegirl, I do attend church weekly. Sad part is that I'm a licensed minister of the gospel. I have thought about stepping down from any roll that I play within the church. I do enjoy the worship at church, but afterwards it feels as if the joy disipates. I like the idea of the home fellowship, but the people at our church seem so out of touch the rest of the week. Know what I mean?

I also work full time at a hotel. It makes it difficult, in todays economy and such, to really make time with my wife when I've been working nights. Right now I'm thankful that I have a job.

JCSx2, I will try and talk with God more when at work. It's a good place to "start over".

-Eric
Jesus died for ALL. End of story.
zoegirl
Old School
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by zoegirl »

obsolete wrote:Thank you all very much for your words of support and encouragement.

Zoegirl, I do attend church weekly. Sad part is that I'm a licensed minister of the gospel. I have thought about stepping down from any roll that I play within the church. I do enjoy the worship at church, but afterwards it feels as if the joy disipates. I like the idea of the home fellowship, but the people at our church seem so out of touch the rest of the week. Know what I mean?
Actually I do....working in a Christian environment can be tough because it is so obvious ties together the gospel with work and it is very easy to get exhausted....sometimes the last thing I want to do a tthe end of the week is go to church (I teach at a Chrsitian school). When one deals with politics and annoying grievances and then you associate them with the CHrsitian minitry, it's tough....I don't know how ministers do it and I suppose it's one of the reasons ministers can burn out so easily.

Hmm...I will keep praying, but hopefully you can have some time to be aloen.

will continue praying...I hear you
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"