Fight FOCA

Discussion for Christian perspectives on ethical issues such as abortion, euthanasia, sexuality, and so forth.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Fight FOCA

Post by Kurieuo »

"The first thing I'd do as President is sign the Freedom of Choice Act. That's the first thing I'd do."

The Freedom of Choice Act (FOCA) would eliminate every restriction on abortion nationwide.

* FOCA will do away with state laws on parental involvement, on partial birth abortion, and on all other protections.
* FOCA will compel taxpayer funding of abortions.
* FOCA will force faith-based hospitals and healthcare facilities to perform abortions.

http://www.fightfoca.com/
cslewislover
Ultimate Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Fight FOCA

Post by cslewislover »

Thanks for that, Kurieuo.
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
zoegirl
Old School
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by zoegirl »

Yes, it looks like he is on the move to change a lot of things. He has already frozen the trials of the terrorists for four months and has spoken of closing down Gitmo, which raises the question of where to place these terrorists?

He has established that he wants to sign the FOCA and I would expect him to do so very soon.

Very sad.
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

My wife and I signed the petition and are e-mailing all our friends urging them to do the same. We need to spread the word and fast so our collective voice is heard before it's too late. This single act will bring on the demise of our culture as we know it through the systemic killing of countless little helpless children. And we will foot the bill for it.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
Cross.eyed
Valued Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Cross.eyed »

Thanks Kurieuo,
I signed the petition.

This is truly an abomination of the highest level, very sad indeed.
I am the wretch the song refers to.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

zoegirl wrote:Yes, it looks like he is on the move to change a lot of things. He has already frozen the trials of the terrorists for four months and has spoken of closing down Gitmo, which raises the question of where to place these terrorists?

He has established that he wants to sign the FOCA and I would expect him to do so very soon.

Very sad.
Yes ,His heart is for the left - Barack Obama is like the Pied Piper of Hamelin alluring people into the depths of the left...

Now, the CIA and other Intelligence Agencies must abide by the Army Field Manual! The Terrorist will soon have more rights than we who live in America!

The Pied Piper plays his joyous flute as the happy throngs dance blindly on…

My best guess is this, Barack Obama will act fast. Within the hundred days, we may see the banishment of free speech. Talk Radio may be forced to shut down. Most likely you and I will witness the full force of a Party and President drunk with power full of flagrant abuses. Remember half country did not vote for this guy. If they get too drunk, this country will become divided so bad that — well let's pray that it doesn't happen. Just my opinion.

As for abortion - is it that progressives love death so much that they can even justify setting terrorist free? What moral high road is that? Sounds like a dark cave awaits the adoring mobs!

What the heck, I just a lame old kid who doesn't hear too well bangin' on the door of a slumbering Church!

Obama the Pied Piper!
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

I just added a post to the restoring science but I just can't resist adding here.

In just three days, look what Pres. Obama has done.

We're in for a bumpy ride.
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

zoegirl wrote:I just added a post to the restoring science but I just can't resist adding here.

In just three days, look what Pres. Obama has done.

We're in for a bumpy ride.
How about bringing churches together for prayer? To see what we are to do? repent? Learn to love each other more? etc and etc...
-
-
-
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
ugo
Familiar Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by ugo »

Hi Guys

Keep your eys on Australia, Victoria, Melbourne. Our state government has just passed a law later last year similar to the one proposed for you guys. In technical terms a hospital and doctor who oppose abortion may be forced to do so.
I have not heard of it starting as yet but keep eyes open. We had petitions and churches praying but the majority of poiliticians passed the new laws. earlier in the year euthenasia laws were not passed but they will try again.
Harry12345
Valued Member

Post by Harry12345 »

B. W. wrote: Yes ,His heart is for the left - Barack Obama is like the Pied Piper of Hamelin alluring people into the depths of the left...
Whoops, I'm already in the depths of the left. :oops:
If you're born once, you die twice; but if you're born twice, you die once.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Harry12345 wrote:
B. W. wrote: Yes ,His heart is for the left - Barack Obama is like the Pied Piper of Hamelin alluring people into the depths of the left...
Whoops, I'm already in the depths of the left. :oops:
Time to get right of left :mrgreen: y#-o 8-}2
-
-
-
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb: