The Lord created all 'sciences'.

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
Gman
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: The Lord created all 'sciences'.

Post by Gman »

SaintConfused wrote:Gman,
Are you a confused saint or just an atheist?
Why is everyone so harsh against me being an atheist?
I haven't done anything wrong (that I know of).
I'm not actually a 'saint', it's just a unique user name. I am confused nonetheless.
I'm not sure why you are here on this forum.
I'm not sure either, but I'm not here to cause problems. I do apologize though, very sorry. :? ~SC
Why? No one is harsh for you being an atheist, the point is it appears that you have already made your mind up. So what is the point of debating you? Anyone could respond to your questions and it would "automatically" be called false by you. So what is the point of all this?

Let me remind you of the discussion guidelines here unless someone else has pointed them out to you...

"This board is not for those who have strongly made up their mind that Christ is "not" for them; who merely wish to put down, debate, and argue against essential Christian beliefs."

http://discussions.godandscience.org/vi ... 517#p38334

If you don't like our guidelines perhaps there is another board you would like to join. There are many out there...

Thanks...
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
SaintConfused
Recognized Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by SaintConfused »

Gman,
No one is harsh for you being an atheist, the point is it appears that you have already made your mind up.
That doesn't mean that I like how I've made up my mind, or the choice I had taken.
So what is the point of debating you?
Debates being for only-Christians doesn't sound rational or reasonable too me.
I can understand wanting to keep these board's in check, but I'm not here to just debate.
If that would be the case, you wouldn't find me saying 'I agree', or 'I won't decline (place something here)',
and I most likely wouldn't consider what a Christian has said.
Cactus brought up something too me, I've found it interesting, but the debate wasn't fruitless or unnecessary to be reading in my personal opinion.
I haven't offered or demanded that anyone debate me, and I'm careful with what I add to my posts.
I'll leave it on the shoulder's of the Christian to make the point of the debate, I'm not the social butterfly type.
Anyone could respond to your questions and it would 'automatically' be called false by you.
Not necessarily.
Dodging the questions would be rude, but I'm willing to be patient. If I see that something is 'false', I'll take the time to correct it.
I've displayed this in a few of my posts already. Also, if I'm 'wrong': other members have permission to correct me as well.
I don't see the point of Jesus' willing death, for example, but I'll be glad if someone can show me 'the point' of that atonement.
Of course they'll have challenge, and so will I. I find it quiet fun, but I'm not pressuring anyone to debate with me or answer my questions
- even though I may send polite requests. You're hypothesis could be proven quiet easily, however the evidence shows otherwise.
'This board is not for those who have strongly made up their mind that Christ is 'not' for them;
who merely wish to put down, debate, and argue against essential Christian beliefs.
'
I haven't 'strongly' made up my mind, and doing those things aren't my only 'wish'.
If you don't like our guidelines perhaps there is another board you would like to join.
I like it here, but there has to be some sort of mutual relationship before anything gets too out of hand.
There are many out there.
Yes there are. Does that mean I like them all? nope. According to the guidelines, there is nothing wrong with me being here. (see above).~SC
You were the Chosen One! It was said you would destroy the Sith, not join them! Bring balance to the Force, not leave it in darkness!~Obi-Wan Kenobi.
Gman
Old School
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Gman »

Well that's too bad for you... the evidence shows otherwise...
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Cactus
Established Member
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Cactus »

According to the guidelines, there is nothing wrong with me being here.
well...I haven't got any problem but that's just me. Although that excessive underlining is getting very annoying. ;)