I want love from a man

Discussion for Christian perspectives on ethical issues such as abortion, euthanasia, sexuality, and so forth.
cslewislover
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: I want love from a man

Post by cslewislover »

Maybe David couldn't form a close (emotional) relationship with a woman because they were just too much like dessert to him - he wanted a different one just for the night all of the time.

Everything that I've read at least tries to argue that theirs was not a homosexual relationship. I mean, you probably weren't trying to say it was, FFC. I just don't think either David or Jonothan were homosexuals or bisexuals, and I think it makes a difference in how they viewed each other and how we should view them. That's all I'm trying to say.
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
FFC
Prestigious Senior Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by FFC »

cslewislover wrote:Maybe David couldn't form a close (emotional) relationship with a woman because they were just too much like dessert to him - he wanted a different one just for the night all of the time.

Everything that I've read at least tries to argue that theirs was not a homosexual relationship. I mean, you probably weren't trying to say it was, FFC. I just don't think either David or Jonothan were homosexuals or bisexuals, and I think it makes a difference in how they viewed each other and how we should view them. That's all I'm trying to say.
I understand. ;) I don't believe that there was any homosexuality going on there either. I was just pondering whether this was the kind of relationship that Harry was interested in. The closeness without the sex.
"Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible." - Corrie Ten Boom

Act 9:6
And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do?
Harry12345
Valued Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Harry12345 »

FFC wrote:
cslewislover wrote:Maybe David couldn't form a close (emotional) relationship with a woman because they were just too much like dessert to him - he wanted a different one just for the night all of the time.

I understand. ;) I don't believe that there was any homosexuality going on there either. I was just pondering whether this was the kind of relationship that Harry was interested in. The closeness without the sex.
Yes.
If you're born once, you die twice; but if you're born twice, you die once.
Harry12345
Valued Member

Post by Harry12345 »

cslewislover wrote:I know that everyone is different, but for my part, Harry, if you really loved another man it very likely would not remain a celibate relationship.
I think it would... the thought of having sex with a man makes me ill (never used to, though).
cslewislover
Ultimate Member

Post by cslewislover »

Harry12345 wrote:
cslewislover wrote:I know that everyone is different, but for my part, Harry, if you really loved another man it very likely would not remain a celibate relationship.
I think it would... the thought of having sex with a man makes me ill (never used to, though).
Wow, really? That's interesting, and I'm glad to hear it. I mean, who wants you ill? I'm sure all of us here want the best for you. :)
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

That's wonderful Harry, God is working within you.

There is a mystery to really good close friends. I havent' had many. With women, it is hard, especially when I go to church. So many of the women have different life stories than mine when they are in their thirties. They are married with children and most are at home. It's hard to develop close relationships that way. I end of having more conversations with women who are older, empty nesters. I envy the women who are in their twenties who are chummy, still single and hang out with each other. IO am too old to join the crowd, but my crowd seems to only talk children or husbands. :violin:

Anyway, I do understand that desire to have intimacy. I have too many sisters and in-laws to feel too terribly alone, though. So mine definitely focuses on the guy! y:p

I will keep praying for you.
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
Zebulon
Valued Member

Post by Zebulon »

Hey Zoegirl,

y/:) I want love from a man y/:)

This apply to you as well I can guess?

Or I am completely fool.

:doh:

Zebulon
Harry12345
Valued Member

Post by Harry12345 »

zoegirl wrote:That's wonderful Harry, God is working within you.
Oh don't get me wrong, blind lust is still a problem. :? But yes one step at a time! :D
FFC
Prestigious Senior Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by FFC »

Harry12345 wrote:
Oh don't get me wrong, blind lust is still a problem. :? But yes one step at a time! :D
Blind lust. I never heard that term.
"Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible." - Corrie Ten Boom

Act 9:6
And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do?
cslewislover
Ultimate Member

Post by cslewislover »

FFC wrote:
Harry12345 wrote:
Blind lust. I never heard that term.
:pound:
rodyshusband
Established Member

Post by rodyshusband »

Harry12345 wrote:
My respect level for you, Harry, just keeps climbing!
“Christianity provides a unified answer for the whole of life.” -- Francis Schaeffer
Harry12345
Valued Member

Post by Harry12345 »

rodyshusband wrote:
Harry12345 wrote:
My respect level for you, Harry, just keeps climbing!
Oh thanks! :oops: :D

God bless. :mrgreen:
Truthseeking
Acquainted Member

Post by Truthseeking »

My bible says that it is a sin to lie with another man, engaing in such activities. It is an Abomination to God. Do your homework. You will find this to be true. Just being striaght with you.
Harry12345
Valued Member

Post by Harry12345 »

Truthseeking wrote:My bible says that it is a sin to lie with another man, engaing in such activities. It is an Abomination to God. Do your homework. You will find this to be true.
What? :pound:
Just being striaght with you.
Clearly I wasn't being 'straight' with you when I wrote the original post. :?
rodyshusband
Established Member

Post by rodyshusband »

Truthseeking wrote:My bible says that it is a sin to lie with another man, engaing in such activities. It is an Abomination to God. Do your homework. You will find this to be true. Just being striaght with you.
You are correct and all of us involved in this thread, including our friend Harry, agree.
Perhaps this brief video will help....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkCkXU0e75k

Thanks.
“Christianity provides a unified answer for the whole of life.” -- Francis Schaeffer