4,600 year old grave

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
JCSx2
Valued Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

4,600 year old grave

Post by JCSx2 »

I may sound like a “thumper” i.e Bible thumper, but this just reinforces teachings from the Bible for me as far as family goes.

Cool story though.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/S/ ... TE=DEFAULT

On a side note not having to do with the story, some of the same people who believe in evolution also believe in “gay marriages” . My come back is gay marriages could not evolve, so why do they support it, it is not scientifically sound.
Definition of a Veteran. A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including his life." That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: 4,600 year old grave

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

interesting article, thank you.
JCSx2 wrote:On a side note not having to do with the story, some of the same people who believe in evolution also believe in “gay marriages” . My come back is gay marriages could not evolve, so why do they support it, it is not scientifically sound.
I'm going to use this line about gay marriages «not evolving»...thanks!

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Harry12345
Valued Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Harry12345 »

JCSx2 wrote: On a side note not having to do with the story, some of the same people who believe in evolution also believe in “gay marriages” . My come back is gay marriages could not evolve, so why do they support it, it is not scientifically sound.
...I don't get it. :o
If you're born once, you die twice; but if you're born twice, you die once.
zoegirl
Old School
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by zoegirl »

The popular idea is that since homosexuals wouldn't choose the opposite gender to mate with, they would not reproduce and pass down the homosexual gene.

Putting aside the controversy about homosexuality and genes....

Technically, a recessive gene can remain in a population at low frequencies even if it is not leading to reproductive fitness. As long as their are carriers in the population a gene will remain in the population. So, hypothetically, people who might be carrying genes that cause homosexual behavior will still pass down those genes, just in lower frequencies.

Please don't take this to mean that I am supporting anything, just talking about the idea that evolution would weed out a trait. Selection may or may not.
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
Leprechaun
Recognized Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Leprechaun »

I read an article on something similar to this a good while back,
http://www.world-science.net/exclusives ... aygene.htm
hope that adds to the argument (I can't remember the exact content but I always wondered how "gay" genes were passed on.
imoneru?
Familiar Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by imoneru? »

zoegirl wrote:The popular idea is that since homosexuals wouldn't choose the opposite gender to mate with, they would not reproduce and pass down the homosexual gene.

Putting aside the controversy about homosexuality and genes....

Technically, a recessive gene can remain in a population at low frequencies even if it is not leading to reproductive fitness. As long as their are carriers in the population a gene will remain in the population. So, hypothetically, people who might be carrying genes that cause homosexual behavior will still pass down those genes, just in lower frequencies.

Please don't take this to mean that I am supporting anything, just talking about the idea that evolution would weed out a trait. Selection may or may not.
If what you say is true then the SIN gene of Adam that is supposed to have been passed on to all generations should have died out many years ago, that being the case why has sin not diminished?....Ray
jlay
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by jlay »

The link is not working. please fix.

They've discovered the homosexuality gene? Do tell.
-“The Bible treated allegorically becomes putty in the hands of the exegete.” John Walvoord

"I'm not saying scientists don't overstate their results. They do. And it's understandable, too...If you spend years working toward a certain goal and make no progress, of course you are going to spin your results in a positive light." Ivellious