Vehicle issues

Post all your prayer requests and responses here.
Swamper
Valued Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Vehicle issues

Post by Swamper »

Hey guys, here's what's going on: I was supposed to be getting a new van and giving my truck to my dad, but thanks to the van's key disappearing and the spare key not working, I'm still in the truck and am also in a very bad mood, having wasted my entire evening (and a good bit of gasoline). I'd like for you guys to pray that I feel better and that this whole mess gets sorted out soon.

James
God's in his Heaven, all's right with the world.
cslewislover
Ultimate Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Vehicle issues

Post by cslewislover »

OK, Swamper. I hope it all get resolved soon :)
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

Vehiucle prays sent...understand completely.

(this is much later than usual....I fell asleep at 7:30 tonight and just woek up at 2 am...!!)
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
Swamper
Valued Member

Post by Swamper »

Thanks...I got the van today and it's working fine, except that I can't get the key out of the ignition. y:-? So I'd like for you to pray that I get that taken care of and that I can find some good inexpensive insurance as well.
zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

Perhaps a liuttle graphite spray can get that key out?!?!

(I had some problems with my deadbolt lock, couldn't turn the deadbolt to open the front door, can imagin my consternation and panic....a little spray did wonders!!!)
FFC
Prestigious Senior Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by FFC »

What year is youre van, Swamper? Is the key stuck in the lock, or does it not turn all the way off so that you can pull it out? Mine does that.
"Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible." - Corrie Ten Boom

Act 9:6
And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do?
Swamper
Valued Member

Post by Swamper »

FFC wrote:What year is youre van, Swamper? Is the key stuck in the lock, or does it not turn all the way off so that you can pull it out? Mine does that.
It's 1989. The key won't turn back far enough to let me pull it out (but it does go far back enough to turn the van off). I tried some WD-40 and it didn't do anything.

And to make things worse, I went out to fiddle around with it some more today, and now it won't start. I'll turn the key and the engine won't turn over or something. I think I'm gonna have to swear off getting used vehicles from other people now...
FFC
Prestigious Senior Member

Post by FFC »

Swamper wrote:
FFC wrote:What year is youre van, Swamper? Is the key stuck in the lock, or does it not turn all the way off so that you can pull it out? Mine does that.
It's 1989. The key won't turn back far enough to let me pull it out (but it does go far back enough to turn the van off). I tried some WD-40 and it didn't do anything.

And to make things worse, I went out to fiddle around with it some more today, and now it won't start. I'll turn the key and the engine won't turn over or something. I think I'm gonna have to swear off getting used vehicles from other people now...
It might just be an electrical glitch in the steering column.
"Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible." - Corrie Ten Boom

Act 9:6
And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do?
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

if your van is a 90s Ford, you may have to depress a little switch under the ignition while you are taking the key out.

What does a young single guy who works in a computer store need a VAN for anyway???

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

:esurprised: :esurprised: :ewink: 8)

:swoon: :whistle:
cslewislover
Ultimate Member

Post by cslewislover »

Fürstentum Liechtenstein wrote:if your van is a 90s Ford, you may have to depress a little switch under the ignition while you are taking the key out.

What does a young single guy who works in a computer store need a VAN for anyway???

FL
:lol:
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
Swamper
Valued Member

Post by Swamper »

Fürstentum Liechtenstein wrote:if your van is a 90s Ford, you may have to depress a little switch under the ignition while you are taking the key out.

FL
Actually it's a 1989 Ford, hehe. I haven't found any switches like that yet, but I'll go out and check tomorrow.

And unfortunately I didn't get the computer store job, so I'm still unemployed. :(

As for how I got the van, my dad and grandpa gave it to me. My grandpa had it for quite awhile before that but didn't use it much. And who knows, if it holds up for awhile and I still have it when I'm no longer a "young single guy", I won't have to get a new vehicle. :ewink:
Cross.eyed
Valued Member

Post by Cross.eyed »

O.K. Swamper, I'm gonna step out on a limb here and pray that GOD gives you a Chevy. That way, when you do get a job, you'll have something dependable to get you back and forth. :P

Seriously, I like vans. They are great for almost any kind of service up to and including fishing, towing a boat, sleeping in, and carrying lots of stuff.

I've had two of 'em for the last 28 yrs....both Chevys of course.
I am the wretch the song refers to.
Swamper
Valued Member

Post by Swamper »

Cross.eyed wrote:O.K. Swamper, I'm gonna step out on a limb here and pray that GOD gives you a Chevy. That way, when you do get a job, you'll have something dependable to get you back and forth. :P

Seriously, I like vans. They are great for almost any kind of service up to and including fishing, towing a boat, sleeping in, and carrying lots of stuff.

I've had two of 'em for the last 28 yrs....both Chevys of course.
Yeah, that's what my truck was, and it was pretty much indestructible. :ebiggrin:
Swamper
Valued Member

Post by Swamper »

Ok, I have good news and bad news. The bad news is that my truck still won't start, even after my mom and I spent 15-20 minutes trying to jump it. The good news is, I finally got the key out of the ignition (thanks FL for the suggestion about the button under the wheel!!!), and a friend of mine is coming over tomorrow to test the battery. Hopefully this will get resolved soon.