Contradictions in the Scriptures

Discussions on a ranges of philosophical issues including the nature of truth and reality, personal identity, mind-body theories, epistemology, justification of beliefs, argumentation and logic, philosophy of religion, free will and determinism, etc.
bizzt
Prestigious Senior Member
Christian: No

Contradictions in the Scriptures

Post by bizzt »

Hello,

This is more to challenge people in their Faith and what they believe! It is not meant to come against anybody but to give us a better understanding of our Faith and to increase it as we learn!!! Here is a Site that has supposed contradictions of Biblical Passages. I would love for us as people who want to study the Word to come up with answers to some of these ( I am not going to say each one as there is too many on the site). I am not saying there is contradictions to the Bible but I am saying other people believe there is and I think we need to have an answer!!!

Here is the Site
http://www.totse.com/en/religion/christ ... tradk.html
bizzt

Re: Contradictions in the Scriptures

Post by bizzt »

bizzt wrote:Hello,

This is more to challenge people in their Faith and what they believe! It is not meant to come against anybody but to give us a better understanding of our Faith and to increase it as we learn!!! Here is a Site that has supposed contradictions of Biblical Passages. I would love for us as people who want to study the Word to come up with answers to some of these ( I am not going to say each one as there is too many on the site). I am not saying there is contradictions to the Bible but I am saying other people believe there is and I think we need to have an answer!!!

Here is the Site
http://www.totse.com/en/religion/christ ... tradk.html
By the way some of the Quotes are just plain stupid for example

Galatians 6:2 We should bear one another's burdens.

Galatians 6:5 Every man should bear his own burdens.
... I can make anything sound like a Contradiction :wink:
Preach
Acquainted Member

Post by Preach »

I agree, bizzt. Christians should be prepared to give an answer as to why they believe the things that they do. As a matter of fact, it even says that in the Bible somewhere. Later on, I will attempt to resolve some of the apparent contradictions listed in the link you provided. I do not have the time at this moment, but I will get around to it later. Take care.

Preach
bizzt

Post by bizzt »

Preach wrote:I agree, bizzt. Christians should be prepared to give an answer as to why they believe the things that they do. As a matter of fact, it even says that in the Bible somewhere. Later on, I will attempt to resolve some of the apparent contradictions listed in the link you provided. I do not have the time at this moment, but I will get around to it later. Take care.

Preach
Hey No Problem please take your time I just thought it would be a nice challenge for us to do this and then help the many people out there that believe in these Contradictions to refute them :)
Joel Freeman
Familiar Member

Post by Joel Freeman »

Exodus 20:4 Image-making forbidden.

Exodus 25:18 Commanded.

This is absolutely inane.

In exodus 25:18 it's talking about the construction of the ark of the covenent. Not making idols to worship.
bizzt

Post by bizzt »

Joel Freeman wrote:12

Exodus 20:4 Image-making forbidden.

Exodus 25:18 Commanded.

This is absolutely inane.

In exodus 25:18 it's talking about the construction of the ark of the covenent. Not making idols to worship.
LOL... I know and yet people post this Garbage...
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Mastermind »

For every contradiction there is an apologetics site that refutes it, and for every refutation there is an atheist complaint and this keeps dragging on forever. I stopped caring about supposed biblical contradictions a long time ago.
bizzt

Post by bizzt »

Mastermind wrote:For every contradiction there is an apologetics site that refutes it, and for every refutation there is an atheist complaint and this keeps dragging on forever. I stopped caring about supposed biblical contradictions a long time ago.
True but we must be ready to have an answer no matter what!
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Mastermind »

I am no longer interested in providing arguments against bulldog-like atheists. The bible tells them what they have to do to understand. They refuse to do it and I no longer care. If they honestly want questions answered, I'd probably put in the effort and do it. If they ask questions for the sake of their own entertainment and inflated egos, I refuse to answer them. They can burn in hell for all I care.
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Mastermind »

And I think this might help:

http://www.tektonics.org/af/calcon.html
bizzt

Post by bizzt »

Mastermind wrote:And I think this might help:

http://www.tektonics.org/af/calcon.html
Interesting!
voicingmaster
Established Member

Post by voicingmaster »

Well, the fool says in his heart there is no God, and these are certainly some fools. Like the people who try to get Genesis 1 and Genesis 2 to contradict each other. OK, if the Bible was one big lie(which they believe) then Moses(who wrote Gesnesis) was one of the most horrible liars ever, and a dunce. According to the athiests, the people who wrote the Bible were people who were trying to gain power and followers and so forth. Now, what kind of idiot would put a contradiction just one page apart?! These athiests need to learn how to think. It's blatantly obvious that Genesis 1 is an overview and Genesis 2 is delving into the events.
bizzt

Post by bizzt »

Phix
Acquainted Member

Post by Phix »

Everyone needs to make note of this because it is irrefutable proof that the Bible does not contain the word of God but, instead the words of man. Words that were, over time, translated through various languages. At the same time, it does not take away from the fact that the Bible does contain principles of God. The language of God is truth, not english or hebrew. If, in the Bible were the actual words of God, there could be no error.

We may not have all of the answers but if we don't accept the truth then we never will.
Phix
Acquainted Member

Post by Phix »

Well, the fool says in his heart there is no God, and these are certainly some fools. Like the people who try to get Genesis 1 and Genesis 2 to contradict each other. OK, if the Bible was one big lie(which they believe) then Moses(who wrote Gesnesis) was one of the most horrible liars ever, and a dunce. According to the athiests, the people who wrote the Bible were people who were trying to gain power and followers and so forth. Now, what kind of ***** would put a contradiction just one page apart?! These athiests need to learn how to think. It's blatantly obvious that Genesis 1 is an overview and Genesis 2 is delving into the events.
Please try and understand. We need to approach this entire subject with an open mind. There are very strong opinions and beliefs from all directions and each make valid points. We are all just people trying to figure out what is going on and, we have to be open enough to at least consider things we may not want to hear. Since none of us who are alive today actually sat down and wrote anything in the Bible, there should be no problem with us remaining objective. One thing is certain, by looking at the state of the world, something is clearly wrong. Everybody has got a piece of the puzzle, as everyone has a specific interest but, we need to work together to unite these pieces in order to see the bigger picture. Please, we are all that we have. The truth will set us free not our opinions.