hearing voices

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
jenna
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Gap Theory

hearing voices

Post by jenna »

Is someone who claims to have "heard" Satan speak insane? Or do they possibly need medication? I know of a person that I know very well, say that Satan was heard cursing God on the day this person turned to Christ. Any thoughts? y:-?
some things are better left unsaid, which i generally realize after i have said them
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Re: hearing voices

Post by B. W. »

jenna wrote:Is someone who claims to have "heard" Satan speak insane? Or do they possibly need medication? I know of a person that I know very well, say that Satan was heard cursing God on the day this person turned to Christ. Any thoughts? y:-?
Anything is possible. It could be a biological misfire in the brain or he may have heard something.

One thing to note — context - Does this person act weird? Have a hyper or quiet personality? Would you describe them as rational, irrational, or mixed? Next, what was the result of this cursing? Does it cause him to act differently then before? What effect has hearing this cursing had if any?

This would be a hard call to make unless there is a context. Again, how old is the person?

He may have heard what he claimed or he may have not. A tree is known by its fruit...
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
cslewislover
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by cslewislover »

I think it's very possible, but take into account what BW said too.
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
FFC
Prestigious Senior Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by FFC »

I'm sure satan was pretty ticked off on the day your friend got saved. Demonic activity is certainly possible, but getting a physical check-up as well as a phychological evaluation would be a really good idea.
"Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible." - Corrie Ten Boom

Act 9:6
And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do?
jenna
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by jenna »

B. W. wrote:
jenna wrote:Is someone who claims to have "heard" Satan speak insane? Or do they possibly need medication? I know of a person that I know very well, say that Satan was heard cursing God on the day this person turned to Christ. Any thoughts? y:-?
Anything is possible. It could be a biological misfire in the brain or he may have heard something.

One thing to note — context - Does this person act weird? Have a hyper or quiet personality? Would you describe them as rational, irrational, or mixed? Next, what was the result of this cursing? Does it cause him to act differently then before? What effect has hearing this cursing had if any?

This would be a hard call to make unless there is a context. Again, how old is the person?

He may have heard what he claimed or he may have not. A tree is known by its fruit...
-
-
-
Well, I really just wanted initial thoughts. But it was actually my mother. The only reaction (that she told me) was that now she knew for a fact that Satan was real, and that he blew any chance of making her think he wasn't. I would describe her as definitely rational, I don't think she is emotionally unstable. (And no, I'm not letting personal feelings rule here, these were valid questions). I was just thinking a little about your response, BW. I know you think I'm crazy already. Maybe you knew it was my family? (from your last line) y/:)
some things are better left unsaid, which i generally realize after i have said them
Cross.eyed
Valued Member

Post by Cross.eyed »

Of course it's possible, if GOD wanted your Mother to hear that, then she is going to hear it. Like B.W. wrote in another thread; These are GOD's gifts and he can give them to whomever HE pleases.

She doesn't have to necessarily be insane or irrational even if GOD didn't allow it, some people have picked up voices from radio waves through dental work and various other sources of sound being carried across water, wires, and accoustical structures etc.

Nice to hear from you Jenna, and I pray there is nothing seriously affecting your Mother.
I am the wretch the song refers to.
JCSx2
Valued Member

Post by JCSx2 »

How come when some one refers to hearing God or Satan or daemons, they get put in to the "Nut" category, but when someone says I saw a ghost, or heard spirits they receive interest. (I am talking about society in general not here specifically)

I believe ghosts do not exist, but Angles, and Demons as well as God and Satan do exist. So if you legitimacy hear or experience something it is from one of these sources.

But say that you saw an Angel, the response is hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Say you saw a ghost the response is WOW REALLY? Tell me about it.
Definition of a Veteran. A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including his life." That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.
Zebulon
Valued Member

Post by Zebulon »

JCSx2 wrote:How come when some one refers to hearing God or Satan or daemons, they get put in to the "Nut" category, but when someone says I saw a ghost, or heard spirits they receive interest. (I am talking about society in general not here specifically)

I believe ghosts do not exist, but Angles, and Demons as well as God and Satan do exist. So if you legitimacy hear or experience something it is from one of these sources.

But say that you saw an Angel, the response is hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Say you saw a ghost the response is WOW REALLY? Tell me about it.
Hey JCSx2,

Probably most of the people in this forum would say tell me about the Angel... I would.

Could it be the same thing about faith?

I know a lady who told me that she had been very badly cut on one of her feet when she was 12 years old and that her faith was very strong at the time. Her parents took care of her and carefully wrapped her foot with bandage and medication. She went in her room, removed the bandage and connected herself with God/Jesus and prayed. Her foot suddenly heeled completely. She putted back the bandage. She later became a nun and helped children in Africa. Today my friend is 62 years old and she still have faith.

Zebulon