Presidential Election

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
FFC
Prestigious Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Presidential Election

Post by FFC »

Cross.eyed wrote:The inexcuseable, inhumane, most discusting, sensless, vile, and barbaric practice of abortion is the #1political issue for me. It is state sponsored murder of our most defensless and vulnerable who are not given a choice of live or die. I cannot and will not vote for anyone who is pro-choice... period.

Now that I have understated my extreme hatred for abortion, I'll move on.

The other day, I was listening to the radio and heard someone ask; "Out of three hundred million people in this nation, we only have Obama and McCain to run for president??

I second that!
I also hate abortion! For innocent lives to be taken in such a sensless and careless way is unexcusable whether it be in a pointless war or a Mothers womb!
"Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible." - Corrie Ten Boom

Act 9:6
And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do?
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

FFC wrote:I also hate abortion! For innocent lives to be taken in such a sensless and careless way is unexcusable whether it be in a pointless war or a Mothers womb!
Yet you are willing to vote in the most liberal of liberals and give him the chance to shape our courts, from the circuit all the way to the federal, appellate, and even the supreme, courts (literally hundreds of like-minded, lifetime-appointed liberal judges). This will undoubtedly influence abortion decisions for the next half a century. We can disagree on the war but I know we do agree on the issue of abortion. I just don't agree with the method of voicing descent for the war by voting in someone who will make abortion legal in any form.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
Cross.eyed
Valued Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Cross.eyed »

I agree Byblos, Obama's senate record is the most liberal of any and activism in the form of legislation from the judicial bench is likely to increase with pro-lifer's getting pushed aside all the more.

If the White House, the senate, and the house of reps are controlled by one party (the dems) things could get very loose.

I've been a registered democrat for 34 yrs. and have voted mostly conservative because of the antics of the far (out) left that has become so powerful in just a few years.

I didn't leave the Dems...they left me.
I am the wretch the song refers to.
Gman
Old School
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Gman »

Hi guys... Well I hate to say this but I'm a registered democrat. To be honest with you I'm not to crazy about either of the candidates but if I had to choose I would go with Obama. Ok, I know that the democrats have a bad reputation when it comes to abortion and homosexual rights (and other issues), but my firm beliefs is that the democrats have a greater respect for the poor and the environment. Let's not forget that Obama is a Christian, and Biden is stout Roman Catholic.. Shouldn't we measure them by their fruits? :ebiggrin:
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
zoegirl
Old School
Sex: Female

Post by zoegirl »

Well, Obama knew he was associating with a domestic terrosirst, worked with groups that tampered (and continue to tamper) with voting records and went to a church where either he didn't know (wasn't paying much attention over twenety years) or didn't care.

With every one of these, Obama continues to throw his hands up and proclaim "I didn't know!" But at what point does this lead to some serious questioning about his intelligence or ethics?

Not to mention that he doesn't understand the old testament enough to view it to be relevant. If that his understanding of CHristianity, then I don't have uch respect for his drive to understand since he's obviously intelleligent.

Now I wish that McCain cared more about the environemnt, but to be honest, he probably does so more than the average republican candadate. He actually opposes ANWAR right now.

It's honestly a question of voting to prevent someone into ather than voting for someone at this point for me.
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
Jac3510
Ultimate Member

Post by Jac3510 »

I am offically depressed. If this board has on it Christians who actually CARE about what the Bible says, and a sizable portion are actually going to vote for Obama, then it is absolutely over. Obama is downright evil, and the fact that ANY Christian would even consider voting for him blows my mind so incredibly much . . . it's the same thing as when the Jews turned away from God and went to Egypt for help, only worse.

Until ten minutes ago, I was disenchanted with the GOP. Now, I'm just disenchanted with Christians. God help us, we deserve every bit of punishment we get. Every supreme court ruling, every law, every school lesson that further degrades our nation's belief in God and practice of Christianity, we absolutely deserve it, and Christians have absolutely forfeited the right to complain about it.

I can't believe it. Evangelicals selling going to Satan for help. And no, I'm not using hyperbole.

edit: We'd better be praying like Daniel right now, because we've just endorsed a man who is the antithesis of biblical Christianity, all because we don't like Bush. Yeah. God understands that. Lord, forgive us!
  • I prayed to the LORD my God and confessed:

"O Lord, the great and awesome God, who keeps his covenant of love with all who love him and obey his commands, we have sinned and done wrong. We have been wicked and have rebelled; we have turned away from your commands and laws. We have not listened to your servants the prophets, who spoke in your name to our kings, our princes and our fathers, and to all the people of the land.

"Lord, you are righteous, but this day we are covered with shame—the men of Judah and people of Jerusalem and all Israel, both near and far, in all the countries where you have scattered us because of our unfaithfulness to you. O LORD, we and our kings, our princes and our fathers are covered with shame because we have sinned against you. The Lord our God is merciful and forgiving, even though we have rebelled against him; we have not obeyed the LORD our God or kept the laws he gave us through his servants the prophets. All Israel has transgressed your law and turned away, refusing to obey you.

"Therefore the curses and sworn judgments written in the Law of Moses, the servant of God, have been poured out on us, because we have sinned against you. You have fulfilled the words spoken against us and against our rulers by bringing upon us great disaster. Under the whole heaven nothing has ever been done like what has been done to Jerusalem. Just as it is written in the Law of Moses, all this disaster has come upon us, yet we have not sought the favor of the LORD our God by turning from our sins and giving attention to your truth. The LORD did not hesitate to bring the disaster upon us, for the LORD our God is righteous in everything he does; yet we have not obeyed him.

"Now, O Lord our God, who brought your people out of Egypt with a mighty hand and who made for yourself a name that endures to this day, we have sinned, we have done wrong. O Lord, in keeping with all your righteous acts, turn away your anger and your wrath from Jerusalem, your city, your holy hill. Our sins and the iniquities of our fathers have made Jerusalem and your people an object of scorn to all those around us.

"Now, our God, hear the prayers and petitions of your servant. For your sake, O Lord, look with favor on your desolate sanctuary. Give ear, O God, and hear; open your eyes and see the desolation of the city that bears your Name. We do not make requests of you because we are righteous, but because of your great mercy. O Lord, listen! O Lord, forgive! O Lord, hear and act! For your sake, O my God, do not delay, because your city and your people bear your Name." (Dan 9:4-19)
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
zoegirl
Old School
Sex: Female

Post by zoegirl »

Argeed (hey Jac, I think this makes two things !) :esurprised: :lol:
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Jac3510 wrote: Obama is downright evil, and the fact that ANY Christian would even consider voting for him blows my mind so incredibly much . . . it's the same thing as when the Jews turned away from God and went to Egypt for help, only worse.
Gee. Thanks for the kind words. Please pray for my soul... :ewink:

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Jac3510
Ultimate Member

Post by Jac3510 »

Gman wrote:Gee. Thanks for the kind words. Please pray for my soul...
For your soul? No need, if you've believed the Gospel, and I take it you have. But for the judgment you are bringing upon us? For your demonstration that you care more for your wallet than for the God's Word? How can you possibly justify endorsing a man who voted three times to deny medical care to children who survived an abortion, who has a 100% NARAL rating, who believes in liberation theology, who mocks Christians for "clinging" to our Bibles? What? Because you don't like Bush and disagree with the war? Give me every economic reason you want. The fact that you would put anything above the sanctity of life--the most helpless life of all, at that!--is as unChristian as a person can get.

"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world." (James 1:27)

But you vote for a man who not only doesn't look after orphans, but would stand by and watch them be murdered. THAT needs prayer.
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Jac3510 wrote: The fact that you would put anything above the sanctity of life--the most helpless life of all, at that!--is as unChristian as a person can get.
Thanks again... You are a wonderful person Jac. Perhaps I don't need any prayer because I have no soul and put money first in my life above God and my country. After all, money talks and .... walks.. :thumbsup:

Daniel
Recognized Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Daniel »

You all are talking about Obama and Ayers, but what about McCain and G. Gordon Liddy? McCain calls Liddy a close friend and accepts donations from him.

And to say that Obama is doing the work of Satan and those who vote for him? And that you are not using hyperbole? I firmly believe that abortions will go down more under Obama than McCain (see http://www.prolifeproobama.com/plpo.pdf for why) and that abortion is not the only issue in the world. Other socioeconomic issues lend themselves to life. If you think I'm not a real Christian and that I'm doing the work of Satan for my support, I am honestly very depressed right now.
Last edited by Daniel on Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Daniel
Recognized Member

Post by Daniel »

Also, while Obama has distanced himself from Ayers, McCain has even said, verbatim, that he's proud of Liddy: http://newsblogs.chicagotribune.com/ste ... s-his.html
Jac3510
Ultimate Member

Post by Jac3510 »

I'm not doubting anyone's salvation/Christianity. My problem is that I do think you are Christians. I'm the token conservative/evangelical at another board I frequent. It is, of course, tipped heavily for Obama. They don't bother me. They're all agnostics/atheists. I expect them to support the guy. It's you people who have the audacity to claim that you put Christ first and then are going to turn around and put in office the man in this campaign who hates the things Jesus stood for the most that sickens me.

Yes, I do think you are doing the work of Satan. Satan is a liar and a murderer, which is what Barack Obama is. And to suggest, even for a second, that there are issues that could trump the abortion issue is the epitome of evil. There are millions of human beings who are dead--DEAD, MURDERED--right now, because of people who said, "Ah, but my wallet is more important."

Jesus said the most important commandment is to love each other, and that there is no greater love than to lay down our lives for others. Anyone who would put ANYTHING before the abortion issue has put it exactly backwards. They'll lay down the unborn's life to protect their own interests. And you try to justify it? You would look Jesus in the eye and tell Him you were voting for a man who wants to keep the murder of children legal? You would say, "Yes, but he just wants to murder LESS children, Jesus! And besides, I like him more! He says I won't have to pay as much in taxes."

Right.

I'm not mad at liberals. I'm not mad at non-Christians. I'm mad at CHRISTIANS who pay lip service to Jesus and dishonor Him with their deeds. But that's the story of humanity, isn't it? But you'll justify yourself. You'll tell yourself it is really and truly OK to vote for a man who believes it should be legal to murder babies. You do that so you can sleep at night. I can't.
Last edited by Jac3510 on Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daniel
Recognized Member

Post by Daniel »

I am no longer posting at a board where I will be openly told I am doing the work of Satan by brothers and sisters in Christ. I do wish that you would take a look at the statistics I posted regarding how Obama could reduce abortion and that you all can at least understand that I do want to reduce abortions as well. Goodbye.
Jac3510
Ultimate Member

Post by Jac3510 »

Daniel wrote:I am no longer posting at a board where I will be openly told I am doing the work of Satan by brothers and sisters in Christ. Goodbye.
I'd rather you stop supporting evil men who believe we should be allowed to murder our children. God will judge between you and me.

edit:
Daniel wrote:I do wish that you would take a look at the statistics I posted regarding how Obama could reduce abortion and that you all can at least understand that I do want to reduce abortions as well.
I've seen the stats. And I can provide counter stats to show that the number will go up by about 125,000/yr. But what does it matter? You are still voting for a man who just wants to murder LESS babies. Oh, he wants us to be allowed to murder them. Murder away. And the ones that survive to attempted murders, we should be allowed to let them die on the hospital floor. But, at least he wants to murder less of them. You go support that. You get your excuse ready for what you are going to tell Jesus at the judgment seat when He asks you why you supported a man who wanted to keep murder legal. yX-(2