Is the present financial crisis a sign of end times?

Discussions on Christian eschatology including different views pertaining to Jesus' second coming, rapture and tribulation, the millennium, and so forth.
catherine
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Is the present financial crisis a sign of end times?

Post by catherine »

I was looking up a guy called Norm Franz. I found him when I was looking at links on the web regarding the financial crisis and end times. I was starting to think there was something not right about his teachings and then came across an article warning about mammon or rather the love of it. This article is dated November 1996 and this bit really interested me:

''FINANCIAL COLLAPSE
We should not wonder, therefore, that the end of this present evil world should be characterized by financial collapse. The introduction to one prophecy dealing with our day speaks of the “evil” that comes, and states that “the end is come.” (Ezek. 7:5,6) Complete financial collapse is spoken of in Ezekiel 7:19: “They shall cast their silver in the streets, and their gold shall be removed: their silver and their gold shall not be able to deliver them in the day of the wrath of the Lord.” ''

It expands it in good detail but I don't want to copy too bit a section. What are your thoughts on this financial crisis? y:-?
Swamper
Valued Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Is the present financial crisis a sign of end times?

Post by Swamper »

I'm personally not too worried. We got through the Great Depression just fine.
God's in his Heaven, all's right with the world.
catherine
Established Member

Post by catherine »

The significance this time though might be that it will pave the way for a different monetary system, a world currency perhaps. We shall have to see how things unfold......
Leprechaun
Recognized Member
Christian: No

Post by Leprechaun »

I dislike the way every crisis is immediately linked to the end of time. There is no supernatural reason for the current economic decline it's simply because a few bankers took on more than they could handle. The end of time will come when the end of time comes worrying about it will have no effect. Unless fo course you intend to stop it? y:-?
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

Is it the end of the world already? :esurprised:

I thought the Mayan calendar scheduled the end of the world for 2012!

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
catherine
Established Member

Post by catherine »

We know there is yet to be a 7 year tribulation period but many things have to occur before that e.g the mark, monetary control. So, no, I'm not saying it's the end of the world just yet. :ewink:
Joshua
Acquainted Member

Post by Joshua »

America may be having money problems, but alot of other nations are doing great. i.e. China, Russia.
The Christian Life is about relationships, not performance.
catherine
Established Member

Post by catherine »

I read an interesting article recently in the Daily Mail regarding China becoming the new Super Power, overtaking the US possibly. China and Russia, seem to feature a lot in many 'end time' articles I've read. This power shift that could well happen may be significant or maybe not. It is interesting and worrying to see how things are going to unfold......
obsolete
Established Member

Post by obsolete »

Joshua wrote:America may be having money problems, but alot of other nations are doing great. i.e. China, Russia.
Not so much as of today according to the New York Times. All markets fell considerably today. Even though in America there is the whole problem that started with the housing then moved to banks, which does affect other countries.

Here is a good http://dealbook.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/ ... ets&st=cselink.
Jesus died for ALL. End of story.
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

Joshua wrote:America may be having money problems, but alot of other nations are doing great. i.e. China, Russia.
Canada is still doing well for now.

I will be spending next weekend in Vermont;* spending my Canadian dollars there to help out your economy. y**==

FL :wave:

*Oct 13th is Thanksgiving Day in Canada.
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Cross.eyed
Valued Member

Post by Cross.eyed »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote: will be spending next weekend in Vermont;* spending my Canadian dollars there to help out your economy.
Wow! I know you're a great guy, but helping to save a nation from political ruin....oops.. .I meant..um..er, financial collapse? And right here at the endtimes no less. :)

Uh, you don't suppose you might have taken our Savior's word about selling all you have a bit too literal do you? :P
I am the wretch the song refers to.
rodyshusband
Established Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by rodyshusband »

Prognostications are always too difficult to predict! ;)
I do find it fascinating when I see all the finger pointing going on (especially here in the U.S.)trying to determine who's to blame. My only prayer is that there will be a revival as a result of the current crisis, which could only happen once individuals see that "there is no one who is righteous. No, not one..."
“Christianity provides a unified answer for the whole of life.” -- Francis Schaeffer
Cross.eyed
Valued Member

Post by Cross.eyed »

rodyshusband wrote:Prognostications are always too difficult to predict! ;)
I do find it fascinating when I see all the finger pointing going on (especially here in the U.S.)trying to determine who's to blame. My only prayer is that there will be a revival as a result of the current crisis, which could only happen once individuals see that "there is no one who is righteous. No, not one..."
Good points, even the finger wagging.
Your prayer is one that I'll make as well, I hope a revival will occur also.

After 911, the church house attendance was much higher for a while and even though it fell off, I'm sure many began more serious thinking about their relationship with GOD. I think for some, at least, it is lasting.

Glory to GOD through a disaster.
I am the wretch the song refers to.
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

Cross.eyed wrote:Wow! I know you're a great guy, but helping to save a nation from political ruin....oops.. .I meant..um..er, financial collapse? And right here at the endtimes no less.
My wife and I dumped about $500 of new money into the US economy while in Vermont during the long Thanksgiving Day weekend. (You may have noticed that the NYSE and NASDAQ have both jumped after of our spending spree...but I am a humble man. Thanking me would just embarrass me.)

This I noticed: before returning to Canada, I stopped at a Vermont Liquor Outlet to buy a bottle of Maker's Mark bourbon. For those who know, Maker's Mark is a premier bourbon made in small batches, pricey, and unavailable outside the USA. The regular MM label is beige with brown lettering, and the bottle is sealed with red wax which has dribbled down the neck and dried there.

At this VLO store, the only MM bottles available had a blue & red label with a donkey and an elephant on them to boot. The wax seal was in three colors: red white and blue (and it looked strangely like the French flag.) Bizarre: politics in your liquor...only in the USA!

I didn't buy it.

FL

+ + +

+ + +
cslewislover
Ultimate Member

Post by cslewislover »

Fürstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
Cross.eyed wrote:Wow! I know you're a great guy, but helping to save a nation from political ruin....oops.. .I meant..um..er, financial collapse? And right here at the endtimes no less.
My wife and I dumped about $500 of new money into the US economy while in Vermont during the long Thanksgiving Day weekend. (You may have noticed that the NYSE and NASDAQ have both jumped after of our spending spree...but I am a humble man. Thanking me would just embarrass me.)

This I noticed: before returning to Canada, I stopped at a Vermont Liquor Outlet to buy a bottle of Maker's Mark bourbon. For those who know, Maker's Mark is a premier bourbon made in small batches, pricey, and unavailable outside the USA. The regular MM label is beige with brown lettering, and the bottle is sealed with red wax which has dribbled down the neck and dried there.

At this VLO store, the only MM bottles available had a blue & red label with a donkey and an elephant on them to boot. The wax seal was in three colors: red white and blue (and it looked strangely like the French flag.) Bizarre: politics in your liquor...only in the USA!

I didn't buy it.

FL
Awwws . . . thanks so much for helping our economy! And I'm sure the MM would've tasted the same (though the change of decoration is unfortunate even in my view).

This topic has made me feel so much better about our finances! :ewink:
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis