I want love from a man

Discussion for Christian perspectives on ethical issues such as abortion, euthanasia, sexuality, and so forth.
Harry12345
Valued Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: I want love from a man

Post by Harry12345 »

If you're born once, you die twice; but if you're born twice, you die once.
zoegirl
Old School
Sex: Female

Post by zoegirl »

INteresting.,

However my only concern is that this study does not address the plasticity of the brain. DO they respond because they have trained their brain? THis is more and more prevalent in findings of the brain. The brain often adapts to stimuli and I wonder if we can't really make conclusions from this concerning the cause.

Their have been reports as well that women espcially will adapt to the surroundings. I remember reading a report about the popeulation of prison lesbians. The women went in heterosexual and adapted to the population and became lesbian. I would be intersested in that case to see whehter their brain chemistry changed as well.

What is more intriguing, however, is that you don't seem to find many people wanting to investigate reversing this. If this is something physiological, we can investigate how to approach treatment.

SO why isn't this considered a possible apporach instead of just the continual....It's normal....

IN any other animal we would call this an aberration that inhibits survival and reproduction.

IN any other condition we would investigate reversal or treatment. INstead we have a moral dictate to accept it.

A question for you Harry, would you want them to find a way to reverse this?
Last edited by zoegirl on Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
Harry12345
Valued Member

Post by Harry12345 »

zoegirl wrote:INteresting.,

What is more intriguing, however, is that you don't seem to find many people wanting to investigate reversing this. If this is something physiological, we can investigate how to approach treatment.

SO why isn't this considered a possible apporach instead of just the continual....It's normal....

IN any other animal we would call this an aberration that inhibits survival and reproduction.

IN any other condition we would investigate reversal or treatment. INstead we have a moral dictate to accept it.

A question for you Harry, would you want them to find a way to reverse this?
Yes. No question. A life of celibacy and lonliness? Nah thanks.

On the other hand, this may be God's way of 'calling me to be single'... hmm... :?
zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

Sorry, edited my response....

INteresting.,

However my only concern is that this study does not address the plasticity of the brain. DO they respond because they have trained their brain? THis is more and more prevalent in findings of the brain. The brain often adapts to stimuli and I wonder if we can't really make conclusions from this concerning the cause.

Their have been reports as well that women espcially will adapt to the surroundings. I remember reading a report about the popeulation of prison lesbians. The women went in heterosexual and adapted to the population and became lesbian. I would be intersested in that case to see whehter their brain chemistry changed as well.
Harry12345
Valued Member

Post by Harry12345 »

zoegirl wrote:Sorry, edited my response....

INteresting.,

Say wha? 0.o

Lol, seriously though, I can't imagine any stimulus that could have possibly resulted in me being homosexual though. :?
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Hi Harry,

There is a myth floating around that briefly states that there are no difference between heterosexual relationships and homosexual relationships.

There is a big difference. Men and women do think different from each other. After 20 years of marriage (looking forward to the next 50), I can vouch that men and women do think different. This difference provides balance and harmony. For example my wife has more brains :esurprised: than I do and keeps me from making some stupid decisions. :stars:

I call this 'woman speak' :nono: which comes from 'woman think' y*-:) and without my wife, I'd be lost cause I never ask for directions very well :titanic:. I love to hear my wife speak, though I may phase out from all the massive details she can think of y:| . Men and women balance each other out. This is natural order that God designed.

Men with men or women with women cannot provide this balance. It is impossible. Popular culture would have you believe otherwise due to political correctness on this issue.

I do not want to sound rude or harsh as that is not my intent. I maybe off track in my next statement but what you seem to be describing is a desire for a father figure. Again, this is my conjecture but were you and your father ever close? - Meaning having a healthy positive father - son / son - father relationship when you were growing up? If not, then not dealing with this could possibly be the crux of your feelings. This is why seeking good experienced Christian counseling in this field would be wise.

God bless!
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

SAorry, let me clarify.

ASl that research merely concludes that *at the time of the study* their brains responded differently. It has no pwoer at all to provide conclusions as to how the brain physiology developed to that point.

It is an assumption that the responses would have been the same under different conditions.

The brain is incredibly plastic and I am merely suggetsting that there could be some environmental or developmental causes to changes brain pathways or responses.
Harry12345
Valued Member

Post by Harry12345 »

B. W. wrote:Hi Harry,

There is a myth floating around that briefly states that there are no difference between heterosexual relationships and homosexual relationships.

There is a big difference. Men and women do think different from each other. After 20 years of marriage (looking forward to the next 50), I can vouch that men and women do think different. This difference provides balance and harmony. For example my wife has more brains :esurprised: than I do and keeps me from making some stupid decisions. :stars:

I call this 'woman speak' :nono: which comes from 'woman think' y*-:) and without my wife, I'd be lost cause I never ask for directions very well :titanic:. I love to hear my wife speak, though I may phase out from all the massive details she can think of y:| . Men and women balance each other out. This is natural order that God designed.

Men with men or women with women cannot provide this balance. It is impossible. Popular culture would have you believe otherwise due to political correctness on this issue.

I do not want to sound rude or harsh as that is not my intent. I maybe off track in my next statement but what you seem to be describing is a desire for a father figure. Again, this is my conjecture but were you and your father ever close? - Meaning having a healthy positive father - son / son - father relationship when you were growing up? If not, then not dealing with this could possibly be the crux of your feelings. This is why seeking good experienced Christian counseling in this field would be wise.

God bless!
-
-
-
1) Why would you want a male/ female balance? Seems like a means to an end... are you saying single men are lost without women? That would contradict the Bible, where Paul says men who aren't married to women are gifted.

2) I've always had a wonderful relationship with my dad, thanks. ;) Our family is quite tightly knit... pretty ironic, considering I'm gay. :P

EDIT: Oh, and before you ask:
  • No I was not raped, seduced or touched inappropraitely by an adult, man or woman, as a child
  • I had several platonic male friendships with heterosexuals throughout childhood
  • I was one of the first boys in my class to get a girlfriend (7 years old) and have had many since then
  • I was not a social outcast
  • I have NEVER dressed in women's clothing and desired to be a women
To all extents and purposes, I had a normal, healthy and fulfilling childhood. I'm pretty smart, I've got a great future ahead of me, I've never done drugs, my parents are proud of me and encourage me in whatever I endeaver to do, I've never been excluded from school, never been in trouble with the police, I have a growing relationship with Christ... and yet I'm gay. Dang... I should have had a perfect life. :(
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

While the spiritual roles for male and females maybe different in the household, it really has no bearing on the relationship if the woman is a bit tougher than the man. In many cases the woman is.... There is nothing immoral about that.
Harry12345 wrote:Plus, homosexuality isn't a spiritual case of masculine vs. feminine; it's a scientific case of my cells reacting to male phermones, as opposed to female phermones.
Whether or not there is scientific evidence for a genetic "gay" cell or gene is a moot point because having a "preference" is not predestination. Having a certain "preference" whether it is environmental or genetic does not mean one is a helpless preprogrammed robot with no moral choice. We are all born into this world of sin and have some type of deficiency. Whether we may say "the devil made me do it" or "my genes made me do it" to become an alcoholic, a prostitute, or something else, the Bible makes it clear that we are reborn in Christ whether we want to believe that or not. We are a new creation in Christ... I know a number of people that have made that choice and have reprogrammed their lives in accordance with Christ's teachings. It's not an impossible thing to do if one is willing to do it.
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Harry12345
Valued Member

Post by Harry12345 »

Gman wrote:
While the spiritual roles for male and females maybe different in the household, it really has no bearing on the relationship if the woman is a bit tougher than the man. In many cases the woman is.... There is nothing immoral about that.
Harry12345 wrote:Plus, homosexuality isn't a spiritual case of masculine vs. feminine; it's a scientific case of my cells reacting to male phermones, as opposed to female phermones.
Whether or not there is scientific evidence for a genetic "gay" cell or gene is a moot point because having a "preference" is not predestination. Having a certain "preference" whether it is environmental or genetic does not mean one is a helpless preprogrammed robot with no moral choice. We are all born into this world of sin and have some type of deficiency. Whether we may say "the devil made me do it" or "my genes made me do it" to become an alcoholic, a prostitute, or something else, the Bible makes it clear that we are reborn in Christ whether we want to believe that or not. We are a new creation in Christ... I know a number of people that have made that choice and have reprogrammed their lives in accordance with Christ's teachings. It's not an impossible thing to do if one is willing to do it.
I'm not going to commit sodomy any time soon, don't worry. :ewink: I've no desire to having a penis shoved up my bum (ouch!), and you can rest assured that they'd be no temptation and you'll never hear me say 'My genes made me do it!' because I wouldn't 'do' anything.
thequest
Newbie Member

Post by thequest »

Harry,

Have you ever seen or considered seeing an endocrinologist (a doctor who specializes in hormones)? There may be something genuinely wrong with your hormones that is causing you to feel and respond the way you do. I have heard of men having too much estrogen and other female hormones, as well as women having too much testosterone and other male hormones. There are just so many types of hormonal imbalances that might cause a person to be gay. This is definitely not to say that hormonal imbalances are the only explanation for homosexuality, but I think it might be worth checking on if you haven't already.

Praying God will allow you to find the help you need!

God bless you, Harry!
NIK
Acquainted Member

Post by NIK »

Why don't you try making love to a Man and then decide? You can always repent. We are all equal in the eyes of God even if you do like a bit of **** once in a while. What says people were made in the image of God? The bible. So stop worrying and get a sex life. No one knows what God will say when you meet him. Maybe He'll enlighten you and tell you to be yourself. God is a dude man.
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

NIK wrote:Why don't you try making love to a Man and then decide? You can always repent. We are all equal in the eyes of God even if you do like a bit of **** once in a while. What says people were made in the image of God? The bible. So stop worrying and get a sex life. No one knows what God will say when you meet him. Maybe He'll enlighten you and tell you to be yourself. God is a dude man.
And that's according to NIK's morality. Later dude :wave:.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

Hmm, where is "God is a dude, man" in scripture?

:roll:
NIK
Acquainted Member

Post by NIK »

zoegirl wrote:Hmm, where is "God is a dude, man" in scripture?

:roll:
Sorry, I do apologise. I think Gods a bit of both.