Hi Folks

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
August
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Hi Folks

Post by August »

Just thought I would drop by and say hi to some of the old regulars, and to the new members.

I'm glad to see Kurieou, Bizzt, Canuckster, Gman, Judah and the others still around, and still fighting the good fight by injecting intellectual honesty into sensitive and challenging discussions. And a lot of other things sure has changed too. Last time I visited I saw Kurieou's wedding pics, and now he already has a baby. Congrats K, and may she be a blessing to you and your wife.

To the newer members, there is not a better place on the internet to have well-mannered and decent discussions about a wide variety of Christian matters than right here. Other places tend to end up in a mess of personal insults and tantrums. While you may not agree with all that the other members and mods here say, I believe that most here (except Bgood :ewink: ) have the honest search for the gospel truth as a priority, and they act in good faith to both explain and understand these matters.

May God bless all of you in your quest to understand and grow your faith.
Acts 17:24-25 (NIV)
"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. [25] And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else."

//www.omnipotentgrace.org
//christianskepticism.blogspot.com
Canuckster1127
Old School
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Hi Folks

Post by Canuckster1127 »

Good to hear from you August. You are missed!
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

Good to hear from you August. Hope all is well. I try to keep up with your blog whenever I get the chance; great work, especially the ones about Oprah's new religion.

Please stay in touch and God bless.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
bizzt
Prestigious Senior Member
Christian: No

Post by bizzt »

August!!!

It is so great to hear from you! May the Lord be a blessing to you always and keep you close to him! You are dearly missed! Keep up the great work on your Blog!
August
Old School

Post by August »

Thanks for the nice comments, guys. You guys are doing such a good job here, I will reiterate that this remains the best place for a civil discussion about sensitive topics. Since I cut back my time here to concentrate some further study and also discussion with some other groups, I have been called a heretic and worse many times. It seems that honest inquiry is not a virtue well-received when it involves questioning YEC assumptions (which by the way, I questioned both ways, from an OEC and instantaneous creation perspective). But that is a topic for another time.

I hope to drop in more frequently if I may.

BTW, I'm glad to see that there is now a clear guideline on the issue of discussing evolution, good work.
"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. [25] And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else."

Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

August wrote:Thanks for the nice comments, guys. You guys are doing such a good job here, I will reiterate that this remains the best place for a civil discussion about sensitive topics. Since I cut back my time here to concentrate some further study and also discussion with some other groups, I have been called a heretic and worse many times. It seems that honest inquiry is not a virtue well-received when it involves questioning YEC assumptions (which by the way, I questioned both ways, from an OEC and instantaneous creation perspective). But that is a topic for another time.

I hope to drop in more frequently if I may.

BTW, I'm glad to see that there is now a clear guideline on the issue of discussing evolution, good work.
August, glad to see you back as well... We have missed you. :) Please do drop in more, we could use some help. I've been noticing that your website has been getting a lot of hits lately. Keep up the good work....
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

August - Great to hear from you!
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
August
Old School

Post by August »

HI Gman, BW.

Nice to see you guys again. It's been a while. Keep up the good work.

Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Just thought I'd say hello also. Good to see you still around. :)
August
Old School

Post by August »

Hi K, nice to see you. Hope the family is doing well. We just had a baby girl 4 weeks ago.

Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

August wrote:Hi K, nice to see you. Hope the family is doing well. We just had a baby girl 4 weeks ago.
Congrats - hope she continues to be healthy. Maybe you can place some photos up too?

I'm entirely wrapped by my baby girl. I was surprised by this new and different kind of joy I am now experiencing in my life. :)
August
Old School

Post by August »

Here she is, just an hour or so old...

This is our third child, but it remains one of the greatest miracles to witness, and also one of the biggest privileges to see your child born and grow up.