death of girl

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
Iggy
Recognized Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

death of girl

Post by Iggy »

http://www.foxnews.com/wires/2008Mar27/ ... er,00.html

This was on the news over the last couple days, but i'd like to get some of your opinions on this. The family of this sick girl refused to take her to a hospital for 30 days. They, insted, prayed for her recovery. Even after she had passed away, the parents continued to pray, convinced that she was sleeping and would soon wake up.
Most people (even many "Christians") would say that it's murder and they were wrong for not taking her to the hospital after knowing she was sick.
Others say that this family has great faith and will be rewarded for such faith...

def. a touchy subject
Justin Eigenmann
Kindsbach Germany
US Air Force
Justin_Eigenmann@yahoo.com
BavarianWheels
Prestigious Senior Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: death of girl

Post by BavarianWheels »

NIV Matthew 25:40 wrote:"The King will reply, `I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'
I would like to assume the opposite is just as true...God's miracles come not as shining lights and/or thunderous sounds and voila...miracle...no. I believe He works just as much and more in these days through people. To refuse medical care in expectation of a miracle seems a bit much of the created "demanding" a flashy miracle of the Creator.
Cross.eyed
Valued Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Cross.eyed »

Rich has a page on this under New Page Critiques:

Prayer and Faith vs. Doctors and Medicine, a good read I think and I hope more will read it as it is an occurence that happens all too often.

I can't imagine asking God to do it my way or no way.
I am the wretch the song refers to.
bizzt
Prestigious Senior Member
Christian: No

Post by bizzt »

I believe the Family were very "closed Minded". God works in many wonderful ways and could have worked through those Dr's as well. Whether it was murder or not I am not sure. Like you said Touchy Subject.