Books

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
TheFlyingChristian
Familiar Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Books

Post by TheFlyingChristian »

Hello,

I need your help with some books, I have never read a full Christian book or God related book from a Christian point of vue.

I just simply thought people here might suggest me some books and some reasons why not just give some titles please.

I'm 15 years old, born-again Christian and seeking knowledge as the Bible teaches us.

Thanks in advance. God bless you all. :esmile:
Gman
Old School

Re: Books

Post by Gman »

TheFlyingChristian wrote:Hello,

I need your help with some books, I have never read a full Christian book or God related book from a Christian point of vue.

I just simply thought people here might suggest me some books and some reasons why not just give some titles please.

I'm 15 years old, born-again Christian and seeking knowledge as the Bible teaches us.

Thanks in advance. God bless you all. :esmile:
Hi fly,

What kid of Christian books are you looking for? Is there a particular topic you are interested in?
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
TheFlyingChristian
Familiar Member

Hi Gman, thanks for your reply.

I am looking for some books perhaps about the Bible and it's historicity and some books about God in general, books about links between science and christianity.
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

TheFlyingChristian wrote:Hi Gman, thanks for your reply.

I am looking for some books perhaps about the Bible and it's historicity and some books about God in general, books about links between science and christianity.
Hi Fly,

Ok, one of my all time favorite books about God is "Knowing God" by J.I. Packer. It is one of the best books I feel that will set anyone straight about God.

Next would probably be "Mere Christianity" by C.S. Lewis.

If you like software I would highly recommend the iLumina Gold software. It has many versions of the Bible plus atlases, guided tours, animations, history, etc., of the Bible and it's places. It even has many views of the temple in Jerusalem.

As for science, I would stick to the books by Hugh Ross by "Reason's to Believe." The best one to start with and the one I use the most is "The Genesis Question." They are the best to deal with science and the Bible IMO...

Hope this helps,
G -
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
TheFlyingChristian
Familiar Member

Thank you very much for your response. I appreciate.

God bless.
Silvertusk
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Silvertusk »

Although if you are not a scientist yourself - then i would try the Lee Strobel books first as a starter - for instance - The Case for a Creator.
andyredeemed
Recognized Member
Christian: No

Post by andyredeemed »

The books that I enjoyed most recently, that I felt were informative, easy to grasp and covered the basics best would be Mere Christianity by CS Lewis, What's so Amazing About Grace by Philip Yantze, The Body by Charles Colson and How to Read The Bible For All It's Worth by Gordon Fee. Nothing heavy but all very profitable.
God is good
zoegirl
Old School
Sex: Female

Post by zoegirl »

Anything by CS Lewis
Anything by Max Lucado
Anything by John Piper
Anything by Colson or Swindoll
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
TheFlyingChristian
Familiar Member

Thank you very much for all your responses there is so much now I don't know where to begin. :)
zoegirl wrote:Anything by CS Lewis
Anything by Max Lucado
Anything by John Piper
Anything by Colson or Swindoll
CS. Lewis is the person that wrote The Witch and The Wardrobe and The Lion ?

What kind of Christian related books did he wrote ?
zoegirl
Old School
Sex: Female

Post by zoegirl »

Oh boy,

The most classic, I suppose, is "Mere Christianity", which is a really nice treatise on Christian apologetics (you read it and simply marvel at Lewis's writing) and Christian living.

But any of his other works are good...especially "Screwtape Letters", although talk about convicting! That is one I would save until later...

One of my favorite sermons of his is "The Weight of Glory"...really makes you look at other people the way God looks at them.

And, of course, any of his fictional books are also allegories of Christian life and contain many jewels. the entire Narnia series is worth reading.

JOhn Piper is amazing for understanding some basic doctrinal and theological ideas. And Max Lucado writes beautifully, he makes me think of what modern day psalms would be, beautiful praise.

I grew up listening to Swindoll and like to listen to some of his sermons still
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
Cross.eyed
Valued Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Cross.eyed »

Mere Christianity by C. S. Lewis is at the top of my list, but really there are many good ones.

The Case For Christ- Lee Stroble.

The Great Divorce- C. S. Lewis.

Cries in the Dark- Ravi Zacharias.

Jesus Among Other Gods- Ravi Zacharias.

Probably one of the best starters I've read is Who Made God and Fifty Other Questions- various authors.

Good Hunting !

edit; I had forgotten another book by C. S. Lewis- Miracles.

and a book that had science: I Don't Have Enough Faith to Be an Atheist- N. Giesler. (spelling)
I am the wretch the song refers to.
TheFlyingChristian
Familiar Member

Thank you all for helping a brother in Christ.

Your suggestions greatly helped me.