Please Introduce Yourself Here

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Canuckster1127
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Please Introduce Yourself Here

Post by Canuckster1127 »

Zebulon wrote:
Canuckster1127 wrote:Insomnia afflicts a lot of people ... but it's nothing to lose sleep over .....
Love it!
:pound:

Thanks.
Victor
Victor,

I just thought I'd mention, that I'm Canadian originally from near Toronto though I live in the states now. I'm doing some genealogy research and I have a large branch of my family which lived in Ormstown in Chateaguay Valley after arriving from England aroung 1826. Some moved onto Ontario in the 1850's but a lot remained near Ormstown and Montreal and I'm tracing a lot of lost family relationships back.

Je Me Souviens ..... ;)

Bart
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
MarkyMark7
Familiar Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by MarkyMark7 »

I've tried to cope with my insomnia many ways such as utter darkness, no sound, no food for two hours before among other things...none of them work.
Lol! I really like that insomnia joke.
A Quote from Prince Caspian (Aslan speaking to Caspian): "You come from of the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve, and that is both honor enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperors on earth. Be content."

Sorry if I offend you in an apologetical discussion, I can be very crude.
Canuckster1127
Old School

Post by Canuckster1127 »

MarkyMark7 wrote:I've tried to cope with my insomnia many ways such as utter darkness, no sound, no food for two hours before among other things...none of them work.
Lol! I really like that insomnia joke.
Best think that has worked for me is exercise. A long walk or a work out followed by a shower and some settle down time with some reading and then quick devotions and I rarely have trouble sleeping. I had some doctors give me ambien for a while, and it worked, but it's not as good as the exercise, and I lose weight ..... go figure :egeek:
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
Zebulon
Valued Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Zebulon »

Canuckster1127 wrote:Ormstown in Chateauguay Valley
Hummmm I have checked this little town on Google Map and maybe I will go make a bicycle trip with my woman in the area next summer (but maybe she will tell me that we already did the area and I just don't remember, cause we did many road-bike trips since 10 years).

Je Me Souviens to! ;)

Victor
LASTSANEONE
Newbie Member
Christian: No

Post by LASTSANEONE »

HELLO TO WHOM EVER IT MAY CONCERN: I FEEL LIKE I HAVE BEEN SEARCHING FOR THIS SITE FOR YEARS, STUMBLED ON IT WHILE SURFING FOR YOUNG EARTH THEROIES AND THEIR THOUGHTS ON DARK MATTER/ENERGY.
I BELIEVE WHEN YOU HAVE TWO OPPOSITE CAMPS, THE TRUTH IS ALWAYS FOUND IN THE MIDDLE GROUND.
I CONSIDER MYSELF AN EVER SEARCHING DEIST, SOMEONE WHO LIKES TO KNOW ,AS OPPOSED TO BELIEVING ANYTHING BASED ON BLIND FAITH.
I AM A MARRIED, 37 YEAR OLD COP...
LOOKING FORWARD TO UTILIZING THIS SITE...
-BRET
Cross.eyed
Valued Member

Post by Cross.eyed »

Welcome Lastsaneone!
If you are searching for truth, you may find some subjects on this site to your liking. There is also a very good write up concerning deism from the home page.
Most of us here are Christian but not of blind faith as you will see if you choose to read some of the forum threads and some of the articles listed on the home page.
Enjoy,
Roger :wave:
I am the wretch the song refers to.
just_me
Newbie Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by just_me »

Hi Everyone!
I'm a sophomore and my major is Chemistry. I'm also a truly believing Christian and a Creationist. It is said that the Bible is like a lion; it does not need to be defended but simply let loose - so that's what I'm trying to do everyday at University :mrgreen: . Unfortunately that's not that easy as long as everyone believes in evolution. That's why I'm here - trying to learn as much about Creation/Defending Creation as possible.

So... that's it so far... y@};-
zoegirl
Old School
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by zoegirl »

just_me wrote:Hi Everyone!
I'm a sophomore and my major is Chemistry. I'm also a truly believing Christian and a Creationist. It is said that the Bible is like a lion; it does not need to be defended but simply let loose - so that's what I'm trying to do everyday at University :mrgreen: . Unfortunately that's not that easy as long as everyone believes in evolution. That's why I'm here - trying to learn as much about Creation/Defending Creation as possible.

So... that's it so far... y@};-

Welcome!! I majored in Biology both undergrad (93) and graduate(06) (non-thesis). Both at secular universities...I didn't seek to challenge everywhere, but was determined to learn everything so that I was well-informed. I am an Old-Earth creationist.... :D

You'll find lots of good stuff here, check out the main webite http://www.godandscience.org to get an idea of what is offered.
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
Vicz
Newbie Member

Post by Vicz »

I am glad to be here. My wife and I have a web site (JoyfulChristianLiving.com) in which we share information about our songwriting, books and our Christian walk. We live in Indiana in an RV on friend's property. Hoping to travel one day and share what we feel the Lord has given us to share. I'm retired but recently went back to work, helping a handicapped individual as part of a 24/7 team that enables him to live in an apartment instead of an institution. I enjoy the job very much.

I am hoping to spend a little time on these forum topics and drop an opinion or two. Nice meeting all of you.

Vic
Enjoy my free PDF eBooks: Shall I pray or Watch TV? and Loving Atheists at my site, //www.JoyfulChristianLiving.com.
Canuckster1127
Old School

Post by Canuckster1127 »

Vicz wrote:I am glad to be here. My wife and I have a web site (JoyfulChristianLiving.com) in which we share information about our songwriting, books and our Christian walk. We live in Indiana in an RV on friend's property. Hoping to travel one day and share what we feel the Lord has given us to share. I'm retired but recently went back to work, helping a handicapped individual as part of a 24/7 team that enables him to live in an apartment instead of an institution. I enjoy the job very much.

I am hoping to spend a little time on these forum topics and drop an opinion or two. Nice meeting all of you.

Vic
Welcome Vic. We're glad you are here and please feel free to jump right in. ;) :wave:
JesusSmiles
Familiar Member

Post by JesusSmiles »

How refreshing to find a site full of people who don't try to fit THE Master Scientist and Creator in a little religious box! Thank you so very much! :D
God is Great, and therefore He will be sought.
Good is Good, and therefore He will be found.
Anonymous
ymerc123
Newbie Member

Post by ymerc123 »

I've been hanging around here for a while and thought it was about time to start posting...

I'm a freshman English major from Colorado and old - earth creationist.
Canuckster1127
Old School

Post by Canuckster1127 »

Welcome ymerc123, glad to have you aboard! ;)
Dazed and Confused
Established Member

Post by Dazed and Confused »

Hello everyone,
I came to this site seeking some answers related to science and the bible. I had recently joined an atheist forum to discuss such topics and got a thorough thrashing regarding internal scientific proofs. I had gleaned some of these scientific proofs from creation science websites. These sites did not seem to have adequate support for some of their claims. When I was asked to verify these claims further I could not, nor could I find any information on the internet. This website peaked my interest. I just want to be in His truth.
For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
Canuckster1127
Old School

Post by Canuckster1127 »

Dazed and Confused wrote:Hello everyone,
I came to this site seeking some answers related to science and the bible. I had recently joined an atheist forum to discuss such topics and got a thorough thrashing regarding internal scientific proofs. I had gleaned some of these scientific proofs from creation science websites. These sites did not seem to have adequate support for some of their claims. When I was asked to verify these claims further I could not, nor could I find any information on the internet. This website peaked my interest. I just want to be in His truth.
Welcome and glad you are here. I'd suggest you read some on the main site and interact here to ask questions. There are some non-christians here, but by and large we focus on civilized discussion and hold to our Board's purpose which is Christian and Old Earth Creationist. Opposing views are welcome, but we're not here to tear down Christianity.

Sometimes it's better to spend some time learning and making sure you know what you're talking about before attempting other forums.

Welcome again.

Bart