What Do You Do When You Start To Lose Faith?

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
August
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by August »

Felgar, are you not confusing Shirtless and Seedling here? :shock:

I can't find any posts by Shirtless on this thread....
Acts 17:24-25 (NIV)
"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. [25] And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else."

//www.omnipotentgrace.org
//christianskepticism.blogspot.com
Kendrick
Familiar Member
Christian: No

Post by Kendrick »

Deborah,

A lovely piece of scripture: Matt 10:27 and more lovely was your interpretation of it.

I hope if you were given the Koran or any Holy Book you would find some gems to share too. But the compiled Bible has much much more. And you know what? That's why it was compiled. Selection by a committee of devotees.

With the Spirit you will observe, apply and pray in one moment.
Kendrick
Familiar Member

Post by Kendrick »

Brian,

If you curse someone again I'll send you back to where you came from.
August
Old School

Post by August »

Kendrick,
August, I am reminded by your questions by the teacher of the Law who came to Jesus at night. I hope I do not leave you empty handed.
So are you accusing me of being a "teacher of the Law", i.e. an unbeliever? How do you know that? Do you know me? How do you know what kind of relationship I have with God?
Faith can be held on many levels, the most shallow is an amulet, a good luck charm worn around the neck. In times of testing this faith has other lovers.
How do you know someone cannot have a deep faith in an amulet? What do you mean with "In times of testing this faith has other lovers."?
Your faith is external. You believe in the Bible, when really you are the living Bible with every word of God breathed into you.
How can a belief be external? How do you know that? You still did not answer my previous questions about belief either. How can I be the Bible? God breathed His Spirit into me, not His Word.
You are teacher of the Book and you do not know this? It is to live "by every word of God" as this is you are made to live by.
What do you mean with "teacher of the Book"? Please answer the questions, you assume that I should know your theories. How do you know what "every word of God" is? Where is it?
Truth is not relative. Some things are hidden and more is revealed, but the truth connects like a rod of steel, and all know each other. Of this scripture I can say 'I do not know you'.
So are you the gatekeeper to the truth? Do you know all truths? If so, please list them here so we can all share in it.
Mark is a compilation of writings. This passage was meant to edify and encourage. It is not literally true, and not written by someone knowing Jesus.
Stop saying it is 'just so' and provide some proof. Please answer the questions.
Jesus has given us universal rights to know him. Yes, I was there when it was written.
So you don't have exclusivity, but then who says you are right? You also did not answer the other questions here. Please explain how you were "there when it was written".
Not all those who say "Lord, Lord" are intent on revealing the kingdom within you but the Kingdom outside of you.
So what? Do you claim to have the sole right to say "Lord, Lord"? How can you know this without reading and believing the Bible?
The ego-cult of Christianity is Christ Idolatry. A man who would wash your feet and say do likewise does not want this distraction from your purpose, for then no man will ever become as him. They may be Holy or Good-follower men, but not righteous men.
Please describe "Christ idolatory". I don't understand the rest of this, can you please elaborate?
No book is perfect, from the print material, translation, interpretation and very application of thoughts into words. Rely solely on the Spirit and enjoy.
How do you know you have a spirit that can interact with another spirit? What does the quality of the paper have to do with it? How else do you communicate if you don't put thoughts into words? What do you mean with "rely solely on the Spirit and enjoy?" Who or what is this Spirit, since you don't believe it's God? Please answer the other questions too, about "The Way".
You have provided proof enough.
You don't seem to make a lot of progress here. You keep asserting untruths and making vague statements and dim claims. I know what I have shown proof of, and it is nothing to do with your incoherent ramblings. If the questions are too much for you, can you try and maybe write a rational paragraph or two that explains your view, and show the rationale by which you arrived at your conclusions.
"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. [25] And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else."

Kendrick
Familiar Member

Post by Kendrick »

August,

I have to say you don't know. There is a discussion Board called The Board http://www.aimoo.com/forum/freeboard.cfm?id=551132 of which I am not a member anymore, but it has Christian fellowship who have discovered that to be still and know can uncover the truth within you, and listen to the Spirit. I cut my teeth there, and in my estimation came closer to living Jesus' principles.

You do remind me of the teacher of the law with your faith on your sleave, and you do not speak answers but questions.

Your belief that someone can have having deep faith in an amulet is shocking. They only have superstition, which is easily transferable.

The Bible or 'Grath' as the Sikhs call their book, a living work, is a representation of the spirit living in the authors. How much more then are you a living work.

Read John 3: 1-17 and understand.

The sign of a person walking The Way is their love of God and their fellow man. Alluding to poison and snakes as a sign of Christian belief is sad for the author to have added in their zeal.

Your footnote explains you are not a disciple.

Jesus said call no man fool.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Kendrick, sorry for what I said about you :oops: , but really, I don't see and for that matter no one really sees where you are coming from. What are you trying to explain here? Are you Christian? I just don't understand. I want to understand you better as well as everyone else but I don't. Please share with us what you are the gatekeeper of or whatever you or August said. I mean, you believe in the spirit so what are you?
August
Old School

Post by August »

Kendrick,

So instead of providing answers, you choose to slander me instead. Let this stand as proof of your unwillingness to defend your position, but rather to resort to invective. You expect me to believe what you believe with no rational explanation from you. If you want to see answers from me, read the rest of this thread, I have provided quite a few, but unlike you, I chose not to assume that I know what anyone else is thinking, but rather try to learn first why they believe as they do, by using questions. You tell me I'm no believer because of my footnote, yet you accuse me of the same.

Your position is indefensible, and your conclusions irrational, until you can prove otherwise.

You seem to think that you have the right to judge others. You accept that is a principle Jesus approves of.

As for my footnote:
Psalm 5:5; Psalm 14:1; Psalm 74:18; Psalm 74:22; Psalm 107:17; Proverbs 1:7; Proverbs 1:22; Proverbs 3:35; Proverbs 9:6-8; Proverbs 9:13-17; Proverbs 10:1; Proverbs 10:8; Proverbs 10:10; Proverbs 10:13-14; Proverbs 10:18; Proverbs 10:23; Proverbs 14:1; Proverbs 14:7-9; Proverbs 14:15; Proverbs 15:7; Proverbs 15:20-21; Proverbs 17:24-25; Proverbs 18:2; Proverbs 18:6-7; Proverbs 19:13; Proverbs 20:3; Proverbs 21:20; Proverbs 26:3-12; Proverbs 29:9; Proverbs 29:11; Eccles. 4:5; Eccles. 7:9; Eccles. 10:11-15; Matthew 7:26-27; Titus 3:3

I have no further interest in continuing this conversation, until you can debate in a civil manner.

Kendrick
Familiar Member

Post by Kendrick »

Hi Brian,

Thanks.

Jesus reveals the truth and love of God showing the God Worshipers that they have gone astray in not really knowing God. They made God and His Kingdom external.

You could see it was external as they did not love their neighbor as themselves, and they were judgemental about people being not like them.

Jesus showed the Perfect Way. That is to be like him you had to live by the Holy Spirit. He said this is the only way. He even demonstrated that you had to eat his flesh and drink his blood. That is how close you have to be. To be part of him so he is in you.

Unless you are a Jesus you would not hear, would not understand, would not belong in heaven.

So sixty years later Man decided to write it all down into a Book and glorified the book, and some said angels interceded for you in Heaven, others Mother Mary and others Jesus himself.

Jesus sacrificed Himself on earth, to fulfil the ultimate sacrifice that would wake you up. In his time, all blood sacrifices had become meaningless, the purpose of repentance and renewal lost. Their hearts were hardened.

Jesus saw himself and this purpose in the Torah (Old Testament).

I have recognized and taken that sacrifice. I do not intend for Jesus to keep making it. I am a new creation, no more in contemplation, here in the grace of God I stand. :)
Kendrick
Familiar Member

Post by Kendrick »

August,
Atheists are fools? Take that log out of your eye.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Kendrick, after re-reading some of your posts, are you saying that a true follower of Christ MUST be perfect like him? I understand you are of no religion but do believe the Trinity exists? You are saying that religions make no sense to the believer, but then how do we KNOW the trinity without a book telling us that it exists it you exclude scientific evidence from it? I am not understanding where you are coming from. Again, I am SORRY :cry: for what I posted about you earlier, but saying you were there when the books were written makes no sense to me at all. Surely you havn't existed thousands of years but you learn from the books of religion.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Kendrick, so I am a believer of the Trinity and I try to be Christ like in certain ways but can't in others, we are not perfect, how then if we are not perfect since we are born into the earth with sin, can we be EXACTLY like Christ? Yes, you are right when you say that a new creation is made, but still it has its flaws. What were you like before you became a new creation? I am being re-baptized to re-commit me life to Christ after some stupid stuff I have done in my life. Is this worth it? What are your thoughts?
August
Old School

Post by August »

August,
Atheists are fools? Take that log out of your eye.
Further judgement and slander, still no rational explanation of his positions.

Kendrick
Familiar Member

Post by Kendrick »

Brian,

I wrote you a lovely post but because August cannot see that
"Atheists are morons" is blasphemy to the image of God I cut when I should have pasted and lost it.

I will write tomorrow.

God Bless.
Felgar
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Felgar »

August wrote:Felgar, are you not confusing Shirtless and Seedling here? :shock:
Indeed I was confusing them. DOH. :oops: My bad. Lol, nothing like a simple mistake to undermine the entire effort. :(
Kendrick wrote:Jesus showed the Perfect Way. That is to be like him you had to live by the Holy Spirit. He said this is the only way. He even demonstrated that you had to eat his flesh and drink his blood.

So sixty years later Man decided to write it all down into a Book and glorified the book, and some said angels interceded for you in Heaven, others Mother Mary and others Jesus himself.
You're right in the first part, but not in the second.

I don't understand how you can say that you believe in Jesus and stand in God's grace (which can only be had through Jesus) and yet deny the Word of God. Everything Jesus said and did is perfect; I agree with you there. So then I point you to the pin in the grenade that is your viewpoint:

Matthew 4:4
Jesus answered, “It is written: 'Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.'[a]”

Apparently Jesus, who was perfect, understood and told us that a) the Bible was the inspired Word of God, and b) we are to live on every word written in it. Tell me, would Jesus really have commanded us to live on every word from the mouth of God if he knew it to be falsified? Of course not. You'll also note that most often Jesus would preface his statements with "I tell you the truth." But here it's "It is written." See, they're one in the same; "It is written" means that "it is truth."
Deborah

Post by Deborah »

Kendrick wrote:Brian,

I wrote you a lovely post but because August cannot see that
"Atheists are morons" is blasphemy to the image of God I cut when I should have pasted and lost it.

I will write tomorrow.

God Bless.
LOL OUCH been there done that :oops:
I still believe the bible is the word of God, and I do as God instructs, I read it Eph3:4, Study it 2tim 2:15, Search acts 17:11, try to exercise senses heb 5:14 look into it james 1:25, Disire it 2Pe 2:2, try to grow in knowledge 2pet 3:18, strive to understand eph 5:17, Prove all things 1th 5:21, Defend it1pet 3:15

and all that is pretty hard work for a baby chrsitian :oops: