Next Pope: the Devil

Discussions on Christian eschatology including different views pertaining to Jesus' second coming, rapture and tribulation, the millennium, and so forth.
Turgonian
Christian: No

Next Pope: the Devil

Post by Turgonian »

You've probably seen the Google advertisement: The Bible reveals next and last Pope will be a devil impersonating John Paul II...

http://www.worldslastchance.com/index.p ... t_pope.php

Puritan Lad once used the term 'Chicken Little eschatology'. It springs to mind here. What a lot of eisegesis...
The Bible says they were "willingly ignorant". In the Greek, this means "be dumb on purpose". (Kent Hovind)
Canuckster1127
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Canuckster1127 »

Eisogesis only begins to cover it.

Male Bovine Fecal Matter may be more to the point.
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
puritan lad
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by puritan lad »

Interesting. This kind of stuff usually doesn't come out until early March. I'll keep my eyes pealed. :wink:
"To suppose that whatever God requireth of us that we have power of ourselves to do, is to make the cross and grace of Jesus Christ of none effect." - JOHN OWEN

//covenant-theology.blogspot.com
//christianskepticism.blogspot.com/
FFC
Prestigious Senior Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by FFC »

puritan lad wrote:Interesting. This kind of stuff usually doesn't come out until early March. I'll keep my eyes pealed. :wink:
PL, are you talking about the article or the Male Bovine Fecal Matter? :lol:
"Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible." - Corrie Ten Boom

Act 9:6
And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do?
puritan lad
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by puritan lad »

I don't see any distinction between the two. :wink:
"To suppose that whatever God requireth of us that we have power of ourselves to do, is to make the cross and grace of Jesus Christ of none effect." - JOHN OWEN

phoney
Recognized Member

Post by phoney »

puritan lad wrote:I don't see any distinction between the two. :wink:
I read some where, that there would only be 112 Pope's, id this true?
And also the Pope now is 111?
puritan lad
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by puritan lad »

Hello Phoney,

In response to your last two posts here in this section, I wouldn't be too keen on datesetting, regardless of your position. Many have tried it over the centuries, and have been rather embarassing to the Christian Faith. There have been calendars, astronomical signs, numerologies, Bible Codes, etc., and all have proven to be wrong.

In any case, if you read through this section enough, you will find that I am a postmillennial preterist, meaning that I believe that the Bible has very little, if any, direct prophecies concerning current events. Therefore, I would not look to the number of popes, Inca calendars, or any of the like as a sign of the end.

phoney
Recognized Member

Post by phoney »

puritan lad wrote:Hello Phoney,

In response to your last two posts here in this section, I wouldn't be too keen on datesetting, regardless of your position. Many have tried it over the centuries, and have been rather embarassing to the Christian Faith. There have been calendars, astronomical signs, numerologies, Bible Codes, etc., and all have proven to be wrong.

In any case, if you read through this section enough, you will find that I am a postmillennial preterist, meaning that I believe that the Bible has very little, if any, direct prophecies concerning current events. Therefore, I would not look to the number of popes, Inca calendars, or any of the like as a sign of the end.
thanks PL, I do not necessarily believe in these things as signs but being a christian only 5 years I have read many books that have the alure for someone like me who does not have the training and knowledge of you and others here. So keep me straight.
rob4chris
Newbie Member

Re: Next Pope: the Devil

Post by rob4chris »

Do'nt be a Russelite! For there is no one who knows not the day nor the hour except my father!
KrisW
Recognized Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by KrisW »

Turgonian wrote:You've probably seen the Google advertisement: The Bible reveals next and last Pope will be a devil impersonating John Paul II...

http://www.worldslastchance.com/index.p ... t_pope.php

Puritan Lad once used the term 'Chicken Little eschatology'. It springs to mind here. What a lot of eisegesis...
I'd be leary of taking anything advertsied on Google very serioisly.

Nevertherless, the Prophecy of St. Malachy from the Middle Ages, suggests the next after Bennedict will be "Peter the Roman" and he will be the last Pope.
When fascism come to America it will be wearing black robes and carrying the scales of Justice("but don't touch the oil or the wine")
jenna
Make me a Sammich Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by jenna »

"Prophecy from St. Malachi?" And Peter the Roman? Please clarify what and who you mean. Are you talking about the book of Malachi in the bible, and St. Peter? :econfused:
some things are better left unsaid, which i generally realize after i have said them
KrisW
Recognized Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by KrisW »

I might not have the spelling right, but no...nothing to do with the last book of the Old Testament.

This was a prophecy made by a Catholic priest in the Middle ages who was later sainted concerning the sucession of Popes. All the recent Popes have had some trait to connect them with this prophecy.

Perry Stone of the Voice of Evangelism Ministries goes into quite a bit of detail about it in one of his books on "Unusaul Prophies Being Fullfiled"...Volume 3, IIRC.
When fascism come to America it will be wearing black robes and carrying the scales of Justice("but don't touch the oil or the wine")
jenna
Make me a Sammich Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by jenna »

So do you think Peter was the first pope?
some things are better left unsaid, which i generally realize after i have said them
JCSx2
Valued Member

Post by JCSx2 »

jenwat3 wrote:So do you think Peter was the first pope?
My wife is catholic and that is what she says....

I just say oh ok.
Definition of a Veteran. A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including his life." That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.
oscarsiziba
Recognized Member

Post by oscarsiziba »

The disciple Peter was not the first pope,that is the hijack by the Catholic church to deceive.
Like Balaam, they are angry at those who would prevent their ruin.