Is there any thing in the Bible that suggests that a woman..

Discussions about the Bible, and any issues raised by Scripture.
jenna
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Re:

Post by jenna »

kateliz wrote:So do you mean that I cannot teach anything at my Bible studies because men are present and I have no husband?
That depends on where you hold your bible studies. Are they at a church or at your home? While the bible states no women are allowed to speak at church, I don't think this applies at home. Hope this helps
some things are better left unsaid, which i generally realize after i have said them
IRQ Conflict
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Is there any thing in the Bible that suggests that a woman..

Post by IRQ Conflict »

I've recently been thinking about this issue as it seems Satan has used it to discourage women and embolden men to dishonor their wives. The reason I've been interested in this is because the lack of knowledge and scripture twisting men do and my wife was concerned about it.

There were lots of examples of women owning and operating their own farms and spreading the Gospel in the Bible. But Satan likes to Scripture pluck as he did when tempting Jesus. This does not mean there isn't an Order to things, just that Order is abused by man.

I reckon that Gods established 'Order' is more to do with the attempt at avoiding division within the body of Christ than it is to 'who's boss'.

For example Father>Christ>Man>Women>Children. When delegating authority a chain of command is crucial in getting things done properly. I see this as being no different than an army (Christian soldiers anyone?).

Here is what some men under the leadership of Satan don't want you to see:

Eph 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

Col 3:19 Husbands, love your wives, and be not bitter against them.

1Pe 3:7 Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honor unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered.

Act 10:34 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:

If the children obey their parents and their parents obey God non shall stand against them. God Bless the family unit! :D
Hellfire

1Ti 6:20 O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:
1Ti 6:21 Which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace be with thee. Amen.

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Mark Twain
zoegirl
Old School
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by zoegirl »

Nice post, Irq

:D
jenna
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by jenna »

Yes, very nice post. My ex-husband used to use the scripture "wives obey your husbands" against me if I disagreed with him. Wish he paid more attention to other verses as well.... :lol:
some things are better left unsaid, which i generally realize after i have said them
IRQ Conflict

Post by IRQ Conflict »

Without doubt, God wants that order maintained. However, like the command to obey the law of the land, if it goes against the Word of God we reserve the right to fight it.

He/She that desires leadership needs to learn to follow. Just as Jesus was servant of all. If a man abuses his privilege of that role I'd hazard a guess that his eternal role might be quite different. Doorkeep/stop perhaps? :lol:
Hellfire

1Ti 6:20 O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:
1Ti 6:21 Which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace be with thee. Amen.

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Mark Twain
jenna
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by jenna »

Very good! Maybe a doormat, also? :lol:
FFC
Prestigious Senior Member

Post by FFC »

jenwat3 wrote:Very good! Maybe a doormat, also? :lol:
Ouch. Marriage seems so complicated. Sometimes I'm very happy to be single. :lol:
"Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible." - Corrie Ten Boom

Act 9:6
And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do?
jenna
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by jenna »

Why should marriage be complicated? Of course there are verses related to staying single, also! (another post) :D
FFC

Post by FFC »

jenwat3 wrote:Why should marriage be complicated? Of course there are verses related to staying single, also! (another post) :D
Anytime you put two of anybody together it can get complicated. :shock: :lol:
"Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible." - Corrie Ten Boom

jenna
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by jenna »

:D
Enigma7457
Valued Member
Christian: No

Post by Enigma7457 »

Speaking as a (happily) married man, i also agree it is very complicated. But, what fun thing isn't complicated? 8)
Judah
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Judah »

Having just read through this thread, there are some thoughts I would like to add.

Paul forbids women to speak in church, meaning to have authority over men, especially in a teaching role - which I think does preclude them from becoming pastors. He was correcting the behaviour of certain women in one church who were getting out of hand, being disruptive and also teaching false doctrine. But his reason was more than just that local situation as he used the argument from the order of creation as per Genesis. He reveals that this is God's order that should be maintained. However, he does not forbid a woman from speaking prophecy in church.

While Paul tells us that women are to submit to their husbands, the story does not end there. He also says that both are to submit to each other, as to Christ first and foremost. The husband is to love his wife with the same sacrificial love that Christ has for His church. Remember that Christ gave His life for His church. Are you married men really up to that, and to carrying out your part of the deal? The idea is not that husbands will "lord it over" their wives, as some may be inclined to believe, but that both submit to Christ and then follow the Biblical order of things, each taking their own aspect of duty and responsibility as dealt out to them in the marriage partnership. All is to be done in genuine love for each other, and for Christ.

There are some excellent answers based on Scripture given to questions concerning Biblical manhood and womanhood to be found here and rather than quote at length from this source, I would recommend clicking on the link and reading through what interests you for yourself.

Another interesting issue has appeared - I think Kateliz brought it up - concerning the likeness between this forum and a church, and that women post to the forum and perhaps the same restraints should apply here as well. I don't believe that is the case, although I do understand what Kateliz means about a forum having some elements of church. For those who want to consider this issue some more, I have written a little about it myself right here: The Internet Church. I would be interested in any comments that anyone has to make.
FFC

Post by FFC »

Judah, if I read your article does that mean you will have authority over me? :lol: :shock:

jenna
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by jenna »

No, you didn't read it right. It says that I will have authority over you, Not Judah. :lol:
FFC

Post by FFC »

jenwat3 wrote:No, you didn't read it right. It says that I will have authority over you, Not Judah. :lol:
Oh no! :shock: :lol: